PDA

View Full Version : Elton John

dermotdermot
29-03-2015, 09:22 PM
What a schmuck. On top of trying to arrange a fatwa against Dolce and Gabbana, he apparently hasn't spoken to his ninety year old mummy for seven years. The poor woman even had to resort to hiring an Elton John lookalike to come along to her birthday party. And all because she doesn't much care for that fellow he goes about with. I mean, how low can you get?

yesTHATironingboard
29-03-2015, 09:43 PM
elton john? elton john's mum?

get a grip, lad.

Bin_Ont_Turf
29-03-2015, 09:52 PM
I hate people! - view external link (www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNd7gdHeKu0)

cloughyclaret
29-03-2015, 10:27 PM
Come on, shed him Reginald. She started it.

dermotdermot
29-03-2015, 11:01 PM
No, I think you'll find that your wrong there. It was his father whod him Reginald. His mum wanted to call him Dwight.

cloughyclaret
29-03-2015, 11:04 PM
Was Kenneth a joint decision?

Quicknick
29-03-2015, 11:51 PM
I saw this link, and I wondered whether he was dead.

Imploding Turtle
30-03-2015, 02:01 AM
There's nothing wrong with not speaking to a parent if you don't want to. Maybe she deserves it. Mine certainly did and it's been 15 mother-free years this October-ish.

duncandisorderley
30-03-2015, 12:35 PM
"There's nothing wrong with not speaking to a parent if you don't want to. Maybe she deserves it. Mine certainly did and it's been 15 mother-free years this October-ish."

I bet she can't believe her luck.

yesTHATironingboard
30-03-2015, 01:33 PM
I bet she can't believe her luck.

bit of an arsehole way to be.

silkyskills1
30-03-2015, 01:39 PM
I only knew my mum for the first ten years of my life so what I wouldn't give now to have been able to have her around through some of the other 50+ years. She's still your mum.

Pottshimharry
30-03-2015, 01:54 PM
Yellow prick toad ...that's what he is...

conyoviejo
30-03-2015, 02:02 PM
"There's nothing wrong with not speaking to a parent if you don't want to. Maybe she deserves it. Mine certainly did and it's been 15 mother-free years this October-ish."

My mother died when I was quite young ,I still miss her..it must be awful not having any contact with your mother.. Surely it must be worth the effort to try to patch things up..

The Bedlington Terrier
31-03-2015, 03:24 PM
You don't love, respect and cherish your mother? What sort of a bloke are you? I can half understand the crackpot attitude from a homosexual, arrogant, extravagantly rich superstar but from a normal Burnley supporter? Jesus wept! My ma died twelve years ago and I miss her like mad, every single day. Shame on you!

TuftyBeamish
31-03-2015, 03:35 PM
There you go, Imploding_Turtle. Pick the bones out of that steaming pile of logical fallacies.

Rowls
31-03-2015, 05:26 PM
There's some real turds on this board aren't there.

We can't choose our families, but often we can't choose to stop loving them even when we fall out. I'd hope anyone -even Elton John or ImplodingTurtle- takes an opportunity to make the very best of whatever relationship they can make with their mother.

Mods - If you see this, can we get post number 9 sorted out please? Thanks.

Hipper
31-03-2015, 08:11 PM
One of my cousin's mother would not accept his choice of bride and as a result the mother broke off contact, a rather wicked thing to do. It split the family - my cousin from his father and sisters. The mother later died and still the old wounds remain.

Those that sit in judgement of Elton John and his mother should not - do you know if it is a similar scenario to my cousin?

SandbachBFC
31-03-2015, 08:49 PM
If one of your bezzies was Liz Hurley then I'd struggle to concentrate on any other relationship.

Imploding Turtle
31-03-2015, 08:59 PM
Calm down guys, post 9 was funny.

cloughyclaret
31-03-2015, 10:23 PM
It's lovely that some have had such a great relationship with their Mum and sad that others haven't.

I don't have a close relationship with my Mum and haven't for many years, so can see it from both sides.

Don't attempt to walk in anyone else's shoes. It isn't fair without knowing what has happened.

daveisaclaret
31-03-2015, 10:28 PM
"You don't love, respect and cherish your mother? What sort of a bloke are you? I can half understand the crackpot attitude from a homosexual, arrogant, extravagantly rich superstar but from a normal Burnley supporter? Jesus wept! My ma died twelve years ago and I miss her like mad, every single day. Shame on you!"

What does being gay have to do with it though?

Boliclaret
01-04-2015, 07:34 AM
but from a normal Burnley supporter?

oh the old "salt of the earth" line, I knew that would get trotted out at some point. What constitutes normal?

Theres nothing wrong with having an adverse opinion of your family due to years of baggage.

Its domestic, its nobody elses business.