PDA

View Full Version : OT - Should the Rotherham Electorate protest vote in May?

howdydoo
02-04-2015, 11:03 AM
Will it be a travesty if we let the opportunity pass us by?

The current system isn't fit for purpose.

Could the result in Rotherham be the Catalyst for change?

I'm undecided what to do but I know who I absolutely refuse to vote for.

Rileyev2
02-04-2015, 11:20 AM
Unbelievably I can see Labour winning in Rotherham. No way will the Tories get enough votes and UKIP is too taboo for many.

I don't know whether to not bother at all, or protest vote for the green party.

Personally if Labour get in this time it makes a complete mockery of what they have done, but my gut says they will.

Galant
02-04-2015, 11:24 AM
Yes Yes Yes Yes and YES.

If we vote for the usuals we are saying - it's ok to cover up child abuse, it's ok to allow a part of our population to get away with stuff that the rest of us aren't because of their religion, it's ok for our MP (ex) to be fraudulent, it's ok to cause a housing shortage by inviting the world to come and live in Rotherham and then build on green belt having taken a Government bribe to do so, it's ok for our Councillors (I know it's an MP we are voting for) to claim double the expenses of their Sheffield counterparts, it's ok for them all to lie to us and then be in denial.
Voting for the usuals just tells the world that we are stupid - which is what they all suspect.
Up to last September 48% (in a poll) were still planning to vote Labour - now if that is the outcome of the election we really are stupid!!!!

millertop
02-04-2015, 11:31 AM
Yes Yes Yes Yes and YES.

If we vote for the usuals we are saying - it's ok to cover up child abuse, it's ok to allow a part of our population to get away with stuff that the rest of us aren't because of their religion, it's ok for our MP (ex) to be fraudulent, it's ok to cause a housing shortage by inviting the world to come and live in Rotherham and then build on green belt having taken a Government bribe to do so, it's ok for our Councillors (I know it's an MP we are voting for) to claim double the expenses of their Sheffield counterparts, it's ok for them all to lie to us and then be in denial.
Voting for the usuals just tells the world that we are stupid - which is what they all suspect.
Up to last September 48% (in a poll) were still planning to vote Labour - now if that is the outcome of the election we really are stupid!!!!

So you won't be voting for any then?

millmoormagic
02-04-2015, 12:07 PM
The Labour party doesn't really represent me anymore, and the debacle they've presided over here in our town is nothing short of criminal. It seems to me that the Labour party ethos is driven by middle class liberals in London, and not by those it purports to represent. Having said that, i could never vote for any of the current contenders,ukip et al, because they are far further away from my viewpoint than ever they were.

So there's my conundrum, do i vote for a Labour party that doesn't represent my views anymore purely in an attempt to block UKIP? or do i abstain, something that goes against everything i've ever been taught as a kid about democracy and always voting.

MadN3il
02-04-2015, 12:24 PM
yes you should vote,Who you want to vote for is up to you.Me i will vote labour.In my opinion UKIP are a off shoot of BNP or EDL.
They have ex members of these.for your next MP
should be Sarah Champion.Only been in the job two years.so nothing to do with sex abuse.She as done a lot to help those who were abused.
UKIP canadate.reports this week about not paying for her office etc thats been in the media.Got to vote any way.got to get rid of the tory

Val_Mascal
02-04-2015, 12:25 PM
The Labour party doesn't really represent me anymore, and the debacle they've presided over here in our town is nothing short of criminal. It seems to me that the Labour party ethos is driven by middle class liberals in London, and not by those it purports to represent. Having said that, i could never vote for any of the current contenders,ukip et al, because they are far further away from my viewpoint than ever they were.

So there's my conundrum, do i vote for a Labour party that doesn't represent my views anymore purely in an attempt to block UKIP? or do i abstain, something that goes against everything i've ever been taught as a kid about democracy and always voting.

That's pretty much where I'm at MM.

However, the intervention from big business yesterday has pushed me towards Labour. I've close family experience how one of the pre-eminent signatories to that letter runs their business and treats their staff...and it's no

John2
02-04-2015, 01:05 PM
do i vote for a Labour party that doesn't represent my views anymore

What are the views you have that the Labour party doesn't represent?

jolly_roger
02-04-2015, 01:30 PM
Telling the truth

Does that count as a view?

Labour will win in Rotherham and it will carry on as a moral backwater as it has done for decades.

Still I don't live there so have no say in it.

gramiller1959
02-04-2015, 01:34 PM
any voter that votes labour in rotherham needs there bumps feeling :s

its time for a change !

Galant
02-04-2015, 01:51 PM
Millertop - yes I will be voting - that's why when we were asked should we protest vote I said yes yes yes and YES.
Will I vote Labour - no - and I was a member of the Labour party at one time. Their financial plans are farcical for a start - the whole of their policies are aimed at getting shirkers to vote for them.
I really don't understand how some of the posters on here think an economy works - we all work - the companies make a profit (profit is not a dirty word) and the companies and the individuals pay tax. the Conservatives have always tried to lower tax and the Labour party has always tried to increase Tax.
The vote was always about whether voting Labour would redistribute money more fairly or allowing market forces to prevail (Tories) would make us all richer.
But in Rotherham we are in an unusual position - on election night the world will take note of our result and there are 2 possible outcomes:
1. They will vote for a chimp if it wears a red rosette - they get what they d

axholme_miller
02-04-2015, 02:56 PM
I don't live in Rotherham and haven't for 40 years so I post as an outsider. However, I quite like the current MP Sarah Champion, she comes across well on the various media outlets.

If the people don't vote Labour than who will win in Rotherham? Tories? Don't think so ever. UKIP are right wing Tories and the Greens will never muster enough votes. Perhaps the Lib Dems?

I don't ever go there now as I no longer have family there, except to the NYS for my usual dose of roller coaster rides.

It will be interesting as I think that Labour has a great candidate for once in Rotherham but have let down the people massively on a Local level.

Thoughts?

one_a_day
02-04-2015, 04:26 PM
No protest vote for me, I'm voting for what matters to me the most. At the moment the thing I care most about is immigration.

I have got absolutely no objection to people coming to this country along as they are filling a skills gap (and hence have a job to come to) and they live the British way of life and actually bother to learn the language.

UKIP all the way.

Ellis_D
02-04-2015, 04:27 PM
I can't believe anyone would vote Labour in Rotherham after all that has happened under their watch. If you could never bring yourself to vote for the Tories because of the miners' strike, and won't vote UKIP as you (incorrectly) see them as racist, then it's simple, vote for the Lib Dems or the Green Party, or the Monster Raving Loonie Party! Anyone but Labour.

Honestly, if Labour get in in our town again, the whole country is going to think we condone the mass grooming, rape and cover up of over 1400 (the tip of the iceberg, remember) children.

L is for Labour, L is for Lice.

Amanda_Hugg_n_Kiss
02-04-2015, 04:50 PM
No hope for this country I can't believe how stupid people are. :blue: :blue:

gm_gm
02-04-2015, 05:18 PM

Your protest vote should be against labour, UKIP were not involved in the rape of young children, labour were...simple.

I haven't voted for years but this year I will at both local and national level to get rid of the scum that infest Rotherham, don't kid you

KerrAvon
02-04-2015, 06:05 PM
So tell me, GM, should the voters of Witney turn upon the subject of your avatar and kick him out because he was an Oxfordshire MP at the time the widespread abuse of children was taking part in that county under the auspices of Conservative run councils.

Applying your rather dubious logic, you would have to accept that the Conservatives were involved in the rape of young children, wouldn't you?

I haven't lived in Rotherham for over thirty years and won't have a say in what happens there. From what I read, there is plenty wrong with the recent Labour run councils, but I don't understand how a recently appointed MP should share in what ought to be the consequnces of that.

Adventus2012
02-04-2015, 06:06 PM
Yes!! we should protest vote, a clear message needs to be sent to the Labour Party that they can no longer guarantee the Labour vote in Rotherham.

They have abused our trust, they were and probably still are, of the opinion that they can do as they want in Rotherham and still get the vote!

I say vote em out!! It's time for change in Rotherham and Rother Valley!

You never know, things might get better under a new administration.

CanadaMiller
02-04-2015, 06:19 PM
Rotherham is pretty safe but Rother Valley should be interesting ...

The last opinion poll held in the constituency has it ripe for tactical voting.

http://www.theg uardian.com/uk-news/the-northerner/2015/feb/10/rothe rham-and-the-very-real-ukip-threat - view external link (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opinion_polling_in_United_Kingdom_constituencies,_ 2010%E2%80%9315#Rother_Valley)

Miller67
02-04-2015, 06:19 PM
You couldn't make it up, our usual culprits slagging Labour voters because they don't hold the national party responsible for Child sexual abuse.

After all, who was it that knighted Jimmy Savile and Cyril Smith despite being told about their exploits, ...eerrrrrr yep the bitch herself ... The kids milk snatcher.

To add insult to injury which party has played a massive part in covering up the abuse and murder of children in London, yep, you guessed it.

So if anybody is thick, stupid, pathetic, etc, I say take a look in the mirror Tory boys >;)

Labour WILL get my vote.

tony260674
02-04-2015, 06:22 PM
If its okay with everyone else, I will vote for who I want. I will decide based on the the political party that I think can take the country in the direction I want it to go in. My current MP has a decent shot of being the next PM so I doubt he will knock on my door as he did last time.

CanadaMiller
02-04-2015, 06:26 PM
It's interesting to look at the detailed breakdown of the Rother Valley opinion poll.

Of the three main parties, 26% of voters who voted Tory are now likely to vote UKIP, 25% of voters who voted Lib Dem are now likely to vote UKIP and 21% of voters who voted Labour are now likely to vote UKIP.

If UKIP is picking up 20% of ex-Labour voters it puts paid to the "just as right-wing as the Tories" argument. Maybe the three main parties just aren't listening? - view external link (http://lordashcroftpolls.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/Rother-Valley-Data-tables-Dec-14.pdf)

Amanda_Hugg_n_Kiss
02-04-2015, 06:26 PM
There should be no safe seats. It shouldn't be a surprise that we end up with corruption and cover ups when you have safe seats and only a few parties with a chance of real power.

jolly_roger
02-04-2015, 06:28 PM
Party political issues aside, I just hope folks get off their backsides and vote instead of posting wiki rubbish on this board and complaining about the result.

Amanda_Hugg_n_Kiss
02-04-2015, 06:38 PM
You couldn't make it up, our usual culprits slagging Labour voters because they don't hold the national party responsible for Child sexual abuse.

After all, who was it that knighted Jimmy Savile and Cyril Smith despite being told about their exploits, ...eerrrrrr yep the bitch herself ... The kids milk snatcher.

To add insult to injury which party has played a massive part in covering up the abuse and murder of children in London, yep, you guessed it.

So if anybody is thick, stupid, pathetic, etc, I say take a look in the mirror Tory boys >;)

Labour WILL get my vote.

Think you've proven you're at least as equally as stupid. :P :P

Plenty of dodgy stuff went off while Labour was last in power.

I would never vote for a main party again, did it last time in protest, not that it made a difference in anyway.

Miller67
02-04-2015, 06:47 PM
Fv

Labour WILL get my vote.

Think you've proven you're at least as equally as stupid. :P :P

Plenty of dodgy stuff went off while Labour was last in power.

I would never vote for a main party again, did it last time in protest, not that it made a difference in anyway.[/quote]

We're talking about CSE, so let's have the facts that

Amanda_Hugg_n_Kiss
02-04-2015, 06:50 PM
Interesting survey, Vote for policies. You don't see the partys. Anyone willing to take part and post results? Takes a while though.

Bare in mind you have to choose to do this survey and my ideas would differ, plus the Greens are not standing in Rother Vally. - view external link (voteforpolicies.org.uk/survey/results/88vXva9sgJdXIJuru#/personal-results)

Amanda_Hugg_n_Kiss
02-04-2015, 06:53 PM
A shorter one. - view external link (wsyvf.com/x/lc1h)

Ellis_D
02-04-2015, 07:13 PM
Quite apart from anything else, I would rather chop off a ball than vote for Labour and that clown Milliband. Can you really imagine that drip in charge of our country? He is like Mr facking Bean. If he went to meet leaders of other countries they would laugh at him and think, who the fack is this imbecile the British have elected. Honestly, putting that fool in charge of our country would make us a bigger laughing stock than ever.

Ellis_D
02-04-2015, 07:17 PM
Interesting survey, Vote for policies. You don't see the partys. Anyone willing to take part and post results? Takes a while though.

Bare in mind you have to choose to do this survey and my ideas would differ, plus the Greens are not standing in Rother Vally.

I did that survey the other day and I got 67% UKIP, and the rest split between the Tories and the Green Party, so it wasn't a massive shock to me, as I will be voting UKIP.

gm_gm
02-04-2015, 08:39 PM
If its okay with everyone else, I will vote for who I want. I will decide based on the the political party that I think can take the country in the direction I want it to go in. My current MP has a decent shot of being the next PM so I doubt he will knock on my door as he did last time.

Cmon Tony thats not true is it?
.you will vote for Labour as tou always will reagardless of the suffering they cause...its voting without concience

tony260674
02-04-2015, 08:53 PM

.you will vote for Labour as tou always will reagardless of the suffering they cause...its voting without concience[/quote]

Fat fingers Glyn or have you had a few? :D :-D

gm_gm
02-04-2015, 08:55 PM

.you will vote for Labour as tou always will reagardless of the suffering they cause...its voting without concience[/quote]

Fat fingers Glyn or have you had a few? :D :-D[/quote]

Its not a time for levity Tony...but yes on both counts :D

Ellis_D
02-04-2015, 09:01 PM

Fat fingers Glyn or have you had a few? :D :-D[/quote]

Nice of you to avoid the point Tony! I just said a similar thing in the other thread - that you will vote Labour regardless.

ozzymiller
02-04-2015, 09:31 PM
People will protest vote in Rotherham but that will still let labour back in albeit with a reduced majority.
I wish you were right Tony and people voted for who would be right for them. We both know though that doesn't happen in Rotherham - me dad voted so I'll vote. The fact the Tories kicked this area in the goolies thirty odd years ago still hurts and it must have been so bad that the findings of the last few years is not enough to kick labour out now.
What is/was needed in Rotherham is a white Knight type figure to truly protest and make people, in Rotherham and the country, know that we do not accept what happened in Rotherham. UKIP have tried to be that but most people can see through it.
As I said, Labour will get back in on a reduced majority and nobody, outside Rotherham, will care about the failings of our council and MP. I agree that Sarah Champion seems all above board and could do a decent job for the town but until someone gets a bloody nose it'll make f all difference.

tony260674
02-04-2015, 09:37 PM
I think you are mostly right Mick but I think you need to give people more credit. Lots of people vote for the same party every time that doesn't mean they are stupid. If the people of Rotherham are stupid for always voting Labour then are the people of Witney stupid for always voting Tory? What about the people of Yeovil who vote Lib Dem every time?? People have always had strong links to certain parties in certain areas, only about 150 of the 650 constituencies change hands regularly.

Ellis_D
02-04-2015, 09:53 PM
I think you are mostly right Mick but I think you need to give people more credit. Lots of people vote for the same party every time that doesn't mean they are stupid. If the people of Rotherham are stupid for always voting Labour then are the people of Witney stupid for always voting Tory? What about the people of Yeovil who vote Lib Dem every time?? People have always had strong links to certain parties in certain areas, only about 150 of the 650 constituencies change hands regularly.

So what could Labour possibly do that is worse to make people not vote for them? And let's stop the whataboutism, we are talking about OUR town. If people are not willing to change their vote after what Labour has overseen in Rotherham, what would make the people of Rotherham change their vote?!

FFS, it IS blind stupdity, as said above, me Dad voted Labour so I will.

So if the Labour MP and councillors came out and said they wish to rape every b

Ellis_D
02-04-2015, 09:56 PM
Let's vote for another 20 years of Labour rule and another couple of thousand children raped and abused. That is the signal we send out by voting Labour. Labour can do no wrong.

Those nasty Tories took our jobs dahn pit.

Those nasty Labour covered up the rape of at least 1400 children.

What is worse? For fack sake...!

tony260674
02-04-2015, 09:57 PM

So what could Labour possibly do that is worse to make people not vote for them? And let's stop the whataboutism, we are talking about OUR town. If people are not willing to change their vote after what Labour has overseen in Rotherham, what would make the people of Rotherham change their vote?!

FFS, it IS blind stupdity, as said above, me Dad voted Labour so I will.

So if the Labour MP and councillor

ozzymiller
02-04-2015, 09:59 PM
My point exactly. I never said anyone is stupid (I read my post again to make sure). However, if what has recently happened doesn't make people change the way they vote (or even vote at all) then perhaps they are just blind.
I am surprised someone like Galloway hasn't come steaming in.
Take myself - I am undecided. Rotherham is a **** hole and has been for years but we still get Labour. Rotherham was a safe seat so let's put one of our darlings in who sat back and watched the council get away with everything so do I vote them?. Do I vote Conservative? Although we are, as a country, getting on a better footing, I think that isn't necessarily due to Cameron and for all Clegg gets a bad press, he has been an influence. However, I don't agree with all the policies. UKIP? As much as I admire Farage for coming in and shouting very loudly, as a foreign person, I just can't get passed his 'beliefs'. Who does that leave? Green, loony party?
I too think I am centre left but at the moment can'

Ellis_D
02-04-2015, 10:08 PM
My last word on this to you Ellis.
I can tell you with 100% certainty, my dad never ever voted for Labour.

Okay, that is your last word, that is your prerogative. However, refusing to answer the other parts of my post, other than, "your Dad never voted Labour" is a bit of a bottle out. Actually, A LOT of a bottle out.

I can only assume, therefore, that in your opinion, the Tories handling of the miners' strike was worse than the Labour council in Rotherham sweeping the mass rape of children under the carpet. I suppose that sums up Rotherham Labour voters in general.

Ellis_D
02-04-2015, 10:15 PM
[quote="ozzymiller"]My point exactly. I never said anyone is stupid (I read my post again to make sure). However, if what has recently happened doesn't make people change the way they vote (or even vote at all) then perhaps they are just blind.
I am surprised someone like Galloway hasn't come steaming in.
Take myself - I am undecided. Rotherham is a **** hole and has been for years but we still get Labour. Rotherham was a safe seat so let's put one of our darlings in who sat back and watched the council get away with everything so do I vote them?. Do I vote Conservative? Although we are, as a country, getting on a better footing, I think that isn't necessarily due to Cameron and for all Clegg gets a bad press, he has been an influence. However, I don't agree with all the policies. UKIP? As much as I admire Farage for coming in and shouting very loudly, as a foreign person, I just can't get passed his 'beliefs'. Who does that leave? Green, loony party?
I t

tony260674
02-04-2015, 10:15 PM
Mick, is running you household and looking after your family easy?? It isn't for me, its difficult and a constant struggle.
It amazes me that people believe that running the country is easy. It wouldn't be easy if everyone agreed and clearly they don't. Cameron/Milliband or whoever will only be able to please 25/30% of the country even if they stick to their policies and deliver what they have promised. Events will inevitably take over, we might have another war somewhere, terrorism could get worse and we simply don't have total control over our economy. People are living longer, the NHS is bursting at the seems as expectations rise and then there are the things that no-one has ever thought of.
Spoil your ballot if you want but try to remember that governing a country as diverse as ours is no cake walk, no matter what party you support.

tony260674
02-04-2015, 10:24 PM

Okay, that is your last word, that is your prerogative. However, refusing to answer the other parts of my post, other than, "your Dad never voted Labour" is a bit of a bottle out. Actually, A LOT of a bottle out.

I can only assume, therefore, that in your opinion, the Tories handling of the miners' strike was worse than the Labour council in Rotherham sweeping the mass rape of children under the carpet. I suppose that sums up Rotherham Labour voters in general.[/quote]

I don't live in Rotherham and don't vote in Rotherham. There is no defence whatsoever about what has happened in Rotherham and no defence of the Labour council in Rotherham. If I lived there and voted in a council election then there is no way I would vote for anyone with even a hint of a sniff that they were in

Ellis_D
02-04-2015, 10:31 PM

I can only assume, therefore, that in your opinion, the Tories handling of the miners' strike was worse than the Labour council in Rotherham sweeping the mass rape of children under the carpet. I suppose that sums up Rotherham Labour voters in general.[/quote]

I don't live in Rotherham and don't vote in Rotherham. There is no defence whatsoever about what has happened in Rotherham and no defence of the Labour council in Rotherham. If I lived there and voted in a council election then there is no way I would vote for anyo

Ellis_D
02-04-2015, 10:39 PM
People refer to him as "Silliband". But to me, that is just offensive.

Offensive, not to him, but to our country, the very fact that people see him as a silly clown, yet he has the chance to run our country, I find that offensive. Though I grew to detest Blair, and I hated Brown fom the offset, I never saw either as silly or absolutely incompetent. I never feared that they wouldn't be able to hold their own amongst the leaders of other nations.

But Milliband's wet personality sends shivers down my spine.

millmoormagic
02-04-2015, 10:44 PM
Let's get one thing straight here, all you shouting out loud about people being 'stupid' for voting Labour all these years etc are probably one's who've voted for Labour in the past, maybe, just maybe, those same people have maybe agreed with Labour policies, perish the thought eh, you're all calling these people sheep, well the sheep are yourselves at the moment.

To answer John2, the Labour party is no longer a socialist party, and if the SNP were a UK party, they'd get my vote.

To answer others, i'm not stupid, that's one of the reasons i won't vote UKIP, i don't need my bumps feeling either.

For gm, what exactly has your son got to feel ashamed for?? This town has certainly had it's reputation trashed, but it's not for the individual to feel ashamed of, far from it.

As for those in several posts saying this town's a dump etc etc, well let me say that this town has got a couple of dodgy areas, but overall it's a very nice town and borough, just have a travel around the country to

Ellis_D
02-04-2015, 11:11 PM
[quote="millmoormagic"]Let's get one thing straight here, all you shouting out loud about people being 'stupid' for voting Labour all these years etc are probably one's who've voted for Labour in the past, maybe, just maybe, those same people have maybe agreed with Labour policies, perish the thought eh, you're all calling these people sheep, well the sheep are yourselves at the moment.

To answer John2, the Labour party is no longer a socialist party, and if the SNP were a UK party, they'd get my vote.

To answer others, i'm not stupid, that's one of the reasons i won't vote UKIP, i don't need my bumps feeling either.

For gm, what exactly has your son got to feel ashamed for?? This town has certainly had it's reputation trashed, but it's not for the individual to feel ashamed of, far from it.

As for those in several posts saying this town's a dump etc etc, well let me say that this town has got a couple of dodgy areas, but overall it's a very nice town an

John2
02-04-2015, 11:17 PM
But Milliband's wet personality sends shivers down my spine.

Your depth of political understanding combined with your eagerness to share it send shivers down mine!

We are all entitled to our views, I have good and stimulating political debates with people I fundamentally disagree with, but the level some of the arguments I've seen put forward on here are cringeworthy... you've referred to anyone voting Labour as a pedophile apologist - an absolutely absurd thing to say.

In your mind it seems you've completely dismissed that there are any other reasons someone would vote Labour other than because their parents did or because they support child abuse, just stop for a minute to have a think about how ridiculous that position is to enter a debate with, because otherwise its not even worth engaging.

Rotherham council, under Labour, was out of control. Anyone involved with covering up or turning a blind eye should be prosecuted to the

Amanda_Hugg_n_Kiss
02-04-2015, 11:22 PM
Maybe it would be a little easier to run if we stopped helping to cause wars and stopped helping to create terrorists?

Also maybe people would cut them some slack if they were open and honest and did full investigations into the cover ups and brought the people involved to justice?

We only get one life and this system fails so many, yet we have enough resources, technology and intelligence, just not enough empathy in the right places. :blue: :blue:

rich76
03-04-2015, 08:13 AM
I think some people are missing the point as to why Rotherham Council and the various left leaning organisations covered up child abuse. It's simple really; 13 years of being told that you are racist if you dare to criticise any non-white ethnicity has taken its toll on our society. This was encouraged, actually no, it was ensured by Labour.

Those who say it isn't the current "choices'" fault are right to a degree, but they represent the reason why it was allowed to happen in the first place. Labour. Why anyone would vote for the handcuffs of political correctness which Labour will inevitably bring to the swingers party of British politics is beyond me.

We have seen our town ruined because of it, if you want more of the same then you know who to vote for.

CanadaMiller
03-04-2015, 03:04 PM
I think some people are missing the point as to why Rotherham Council and the various left leaning organisations covered up child abuse. It's simple really; 13 years of being told that you are racist if you dare to criticise any non-white ethnicity has taken its toll on our society. This was encouraged, actually no, it was ensured by Labour.

Those who say it isn't the current "choices'" fault are right to a degree, but they represent the reason why it was allowed to happen in the first place. Labour. Why anyone would vote for the handcuffs of political correctness which Labour will inevitably bring to the swingers party of British politics is beyond me.

We have seen our town ruined because of it, if you want more of the same then you know who to vote for.

That's my mind made up. After much hand-wringing and deliberation, I've decided I'm voting for the Rich76 party.

LesHiboux
03-04-2015, 03:17 PM
In my view it would be a mistake to re-elect Labour in Rotherham. Firstly, to do so would be to condone what they have done. In essence what you would be saying is you can do this and get away with it. Secondly, Rotherham is probably only the tip of the iceberg. If it's happened in Rotherham, then like as not it's happening in other Northern towns and cities. If Labour are ousted from Rotherham, then that sends out the warning to other Labour councils in the North that if they too cover this kind of appalling abuse up, then they will also lose their seats. There are doubtless thousands of vulnerable girls all over the North who are at risk.

howdydoo
08-04-2015, 08:09 AM
'Election 2015: SNP 'will help make Miliband PM', Sturgeon says'

Frightening to think the SNP will end up controlling Westminster.

walter10
08-04-2015, 12:49 PM
I will be voting for Kevin Barron, Labour. I want to see Labour in government and Miliband as PM. I'd save my protest vote for the local elections.

The big issue we face is the EU. In a sense I'd like to see a referendum to put it to bed.

sam11
08-04-2015, 01:59 PM
In my view it would be a mistake to re-elect Labour in Rotherham. Firstly, to do so would be to condone what they have done. In essence what you would be saying is you can do this and get away with it. Secondly, Rotherham is probably only the tip of the iceberg. If it's happened in Rotherham, then like as not it's happening in other Northern towns and cities. If Labour are ousted from Rotherham, then that sends out the warning to other Labour councils in the North that if they too cover this kind of appalling abuse up, then they will also lose their seats. There are doubtless thousands of vulnerable girls all over the North who are at risk.

Condone what "they" have done. Who? We're talking about the council elections here?

gm_gm
08-04-2015, 02:16 PM
I will be voting for Kevin Barron, Labour. I want to see Labour in government and Miliband as PM. I'd save my protest vote for the local elections.

The big issue we face is the EU. In a sense I'd like to see a referendum to put it to bed.

I shall keep you to that Walt, it's a fair statement based on uneducated bias, but the Red Baron will hopefully fall as he deserves too, he reckons he was asleep for the 16 years labour helped the child rapists prosper in our town, I find it remarkable he failed to wake during this time.

He is in my ward also, hopefully the town will stir and rid both he and champion for at least a term, they both deserve isolation as anyone who believes their three monkeys story is as daft as they are.

millavanilla
08-04-2015, 08:12 PM
Im not a tory, i cant be...my upbringing and background says that...but anyone who votes labour for this town is a dalek...no, a fu*king wednesdayite in disguise..yes...think about it..a fu*king wednesdayite...

tony260674
08-04-2015, 08:54 PM

I shall keep you to that Walt, it's a fair statement based on uneducated bias, but the Red Baron will hopefully fall as he deserves too, he reckons he was asleep for the 16 years labour helped the child rapists prosper in our town, I find it remarkable he failed to wake during this time.

He is in my ward also, hopefully the town will stir and rid both he and champion for at least a term, they both deserve isolation as anyone who believes their three monkeys story is as daft as they are.[/quote]

Ashcroft's latest polling shows Champion 11% ahead in Rotherham with Barron 18% ahead in Rother Valley so its very unlikely either will be unseated. It woul

ghost_of_dusty_m
09-04-2015, 07:52 PM
On a national level I really struggle to see where Cameron and clegg have gone wrong...tough decisions have been made that hurt some but economically they were essential. We had gone past the point where standard Keynesian economic principles of spending out of recession would work, austerity was the only option...We are now on the up. I agree this upward curve hasn't been felt by everyone yet but repairing such a badly damaged economy takes years...

What I really fear is labour getting in nationally. They ignored basic keynsian economic principles of managing an economy continuing to spend and borrow when the economy was in one of the biggest booms it every experienced - the bust that followed was massive. For those who blame the banks that was the tip of the iceberg - the mass under the water was far greater...labour historically have have never been able to successfully manage an economy and I don't trust balls or milliband to change that...

Which brings me to a local level...I'

gm_gm
09-04-2015, 08:02 PM

He is in my ward also, hopefully the town will stir and rid both he and champion for at least a term, they both deserve isolation as anyone who believes their three monkeys story is as daft as they are.[/quote]

Ashcroft's latest polling shows Champion 11% ahead in Rotherham with Barron 18% ahead in Rother Valley so it

stormmiller
11-04-2015, 09:36 AM
Wh all the arguments over who should and shouldnt vote liebour? Its down to the individual
Some of the questions they might want to ask themselves are why did liebour parachute a complete unknown into the mp's job just before the scandal came out when there were two asian candidates with far more relevance to the borough? Do we think they just fancied a womens touch or the fact she wasn't asian? And why have the two canidates disapeared of the face of the earth when at one time you couldn't open the advertiser without one or both being mentioned and photographed? media whores is playing it down they would turn up at the opening of a crisp packet if the press were present!
the cynical amongst you might think it was because the liebour party knew what was coming and wanted to distance its self from a certain element of our great borough by parachuting a "clean skin" into the post?

Dr_Spinn
11-04-2015, 09:51 AM
For the first time in a very long time, it's clear that people's votes in Rotherham matter this time around.

It'll probably be a two horse race between Labour and UKIP as to who takes the seats and for the first time in a generation it feels as if Labour aren't nailed on to win their seats in Rotherham. And personally I see that as a good thing.

It should hopefully mean that those in the powers that be will need to become more accountable for their actions.

I quite like Sarah Champion and think she's done on the whole quite a good job for the town since taking the seat from McShame. Personally I don't particularly like Jane Collins from what I've seen and read about her in the media. Fortunately though I'm in a different constituency so I don't have to make that decision.

Personally, I can't support Labour this time around. I despise Miliband and can't really see him being able to fight his way out of paper bag, never mind fighting on behalf of the UK in Europe! But also find it h