PDA

View Full Version : Penalties

NFMiller
03-04-2015, 08:07 PM
With SE moaning about the penalty that got away - again, I thought I'd look at the stats for each team.

Bournemouth have had 14 pens! We've had 2 & poor old Blackpool have had none.

Perhaps we'll make up for it in the next 6 games.

AFC Bournemouth 14
Middlesbrough 8
Watford 8
Charlton Athletic 7
Birmingham City 7
Huddersfield Town 6
Norwich City 6
Bolton Wanderers 6
Derby County 5
Reading 5
Sheffield Wednesday 4
Nottingham Forest 4
Fulham 4
Wolverhampton Wanderers 4
Brentford 4
Millwall 4
Brighton & Hove Albion 3
Blackburn Rovers 3
Cardiff City 3
Leeds United 3
Wigan Athletic 3
Rotherham United 2
Ipswich Town 2
Blackpool 0

jolly_roger
03-04-2015, 09:05 PM
Well there's a couple of things necessary to do before it comes down to the ref making a decision in youf favour

1. You have to be in the oppositions penalty area
2. You have to have the ball

Maximise these and you increase your chances of being fouled and getting a penalty.

We dont do either very well.

Add to this having a ranting raving pair of loonies on the touchline that upsets the bloke making the penalty decisions and your chances of getting a penalty plummet.

LincsMiller
03-04-2015, 09:06 PM
Its probably due to the fact that you have to have bodies in the opponents penalty area , something we've not done enough this season.

LincsMiller
03-04-2015, 09:10 PM
Just pipped me there Jolly :D

jolly_roger
03-04-2015, 09:21 PM
Obvious though isn't it?

LincsMiller
03-04-2015, 09:30 PM
If we do get relegated it will be because we are not good enough for the Championship, not due to the fact that we haven't had penalties awarded .

ozzymiller
03-04-2015, 09:36 PM
Would love to see the incident with Derbyshire again though - it looked a stonewall.

deMiller
03-04-2015, 11:36 PM
Im not surprised Bournemouth have so many with Callum Wilson diving all over the place.

BellBoy
04-04-2015, 09:48 AM
Mate you are bang on about Wilson. He is a very good player but he should be getting booked most games for diving as you see him on the highlights doing it every week. It was a farce at our place with him falling over during every challenge.
Did you hear the Ipswich fans booing him last night on the FL show?

mcbrewer
04-04-2015, 10:23 AM
Would love to see the incident with Derbyshire again though - it looked a stonewall.
So stonewall that The Football League show after several viewings backed the Ref

Evans is an odious man "worst refereeing" he's ever seen ye rite, and who are these mysterious people who's sole mission in life is to make sure you get relegated i wish he would tell us.
They obviously hate Rotherham so much they let Evans spout his bile without banning him don't sound too malevalent to me. You wanna see this stonewaller your game starts at 40.45
I notice theres no thread about Penalties that you got away with like the much more blatant one on Kieron Lee at Hillsborough. - view external link (http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b05pxbmh/the-football-league-show-20142015-03042015)

BradfordFozzie
04-04-2015, 11:15 AM
So stonewall that The Football League show after several viewings backed the Ref

Evans is an odious man "worst refereeing" he's ever seen ye rite, and who are these mysterious people who's sole mission in life is to make sure you get relegated i wish he would tell us.
They obviously hate Rotherham so much they let Evans spout his bile without banning him don't sound too malevalent to me. You wanna see this stonewaller your game starts at 40.45
I notice theres no thread about Penalties that you got away with like the much more blatant one on Kieron Lee at Hillsborough.[/quote]

Is this the 'Odious' manager that you would have signed if you'd have been given permission to speak to him earlier this season??

Is it the same penalty at Hillsborough that the football league show also said wasn't a penalty

nys
04-04-2015, 11:23 AM
Mate you are bang on about Wilson. He is a very good player but he should be getting booked most games for diving as you see him on the highlights doing it every week. It was a farce at our place with him falling over during every challenge.

Here here! I honestly hope he slides down the leagues until he cuts out that side of his game. Also, people rightly complain about Evans character but I'd rather have him then Howe and Fletcher who, along with half the Bournemouth team, appealed for every dive. No way to behave when your top of the league and vastly superior to your opposition. I hope someone else go's up personally. Same with Maclean and Wigan.

redandgreen
04-04-2015, 06:35 PM

Here here! I honestly hope he slides down the leagues until he cuts out that side of his game. Also, people rightly complain about Evans character but I'd rather have him then Howe and Fletcher who, along with half the Bournemouth team, appealed for every dive. No way to behave when your top of the league and vastly superior to your opposition. I hope someone else go's up personally. Same with Maclean and Wigan.[/quote]

Howe is clever playing the nice guy whilst having an idiot assistant who makes Rayner look like Charles Haughtry. The Bournemouth Mr. Nasty just stands behind the lines

Ellis_D
05-04-2015, 03:28 PM
How was it NOT a penalty?! He clips his legs and then jumps into his back. It's easy to say Derbyshire went down too easy, but when you weight about 10 stone and you are running at full pace and some big, dozy, 14 stone centre-half jumps into your back, of course you are going to fall over. Blatant penalty.

loyalmiller
05-04-2015, 04:19 PM
I've seen them given but would've been annoyed had it been given against us!

However at this time of the season..DEFFO PENALTY!

DavidEdinburgh
05-04-2015, 06:26 PM
If we do get relegated it will be because we are not good enough for the Championship, not due to the fact that we haven't had penalties awarded .

Surely the point is that no team, Rotherham or anyone deserves to get relegated or promoted due to bad referee decisions. Of course it makes a difference.

If you on the receiving end of a lot more bad decisions against you than those that go for you, it can make the difference of a few points and vice versa if you are on the lucky side of that. This can make the difference of the few points or even one point that might get you relegated or promoted.

Itís stupid to say these decisions donít make a difference, of course they do.

What frustrates me more than anything in this day and age is that we have not yet brought in TV replays, referrals & appeals with a 4th official with a TV monitor, like Rugby, Cricket and TennisÖ

itís criminal and if we get relegated I will bitterly ha

TMiller
05-04-2015, 09:34 PM
we do need a bit of friggin luck for a change. we are definately without doubt due a penalty >:(

edit: which we will no doubt miss lol