PDA

View Full Version : O/t The resurrection

kempo
05-04-2015, 09:48 AM
Lets for the sake of argument accept the following as fact.

Jesus died on the cross.

His body was entombed.

His tomb was found empty.

People reported seeing him after death.

From these 'facts' ..Why do some then choose a 'miraculous conclusion' when in fact this is the most improbable of many explanations of the above 'facts'

gramiller1959
05-04-2015, 09:54 AM
he came back for his easter eggs !

leedsmiller
05-04-2015, 11:13 AM
Sorry, kempo, thought you were talking about tomorrow's game...

As for the facts, I can accept the first three as probably being true, true in the sense of Jesus being a prophet not the Son of God that is. But when 2 or 3 people start a rumour about him having risen from the dead and two thousand years later millions believe it... Absolutely not.

But some people need something to believe in, to give life meaning, so I don't begrudge them that - just as long as they don't try to impose their beliefs on me.

BigRotherhamFanMe
05-04-2015, 11:51 AM
Oh dear.

IBS is going to be mad when he sees this :O

shiregreenmillers
05-04-2015, 12:06 PM
Lets for the sake of argument accept the following as fact.

Jesus died on the cross.

His body was entombed.

From these 'facts' ..Why do some then choose a 'miraculous conclusion' when in fact this is the most improbable of many explanations of the above 'facts'You Lost Me that's not a fact .That's The Truth :D :D :D :D :D :D

Donald_Valley
05-04-2015, 12:49 PM
I don't know (and can't find out) my grandfathers grandfathers but we do know what happened to a bloke who lived 2000 plus years ago in amazing detail. Amazing.

John2
05-04-2015, 01:42 PM
Oh dear.

Actually, I just realised I made an error, usually I don't mind offending religious people in response to them using a particular platform to promote their views.

However, that hasn't happened on this occasion, any offense my picture/comment may have caused was unprovoked and if I could edit my post I would. Sincere apologies to anyone offended and I hope all are enjoying a happy Easter.

michaeldc
05-04-2015, 02:44 PM
Actually, I just realised I made an error, usually I don't mind offending religious people in response to them using a particular platform to promote their views.

However, that hasn't happened on this occasion, any offense my picture/comment may have caused was unprovoked and if I could edit my post I would. Sincere apologies to anyone offended and I hope all are enjoying a happy Easter.

I wouldn't worry about it too much.

BigRotherhamFanMe
05-04-2015, 04:23 PM
Oh dear.

However, that hasn't happened on this occasion, any offense my picture/comment may have caused was unprovoked and if I could edit my post I would. Sincere apologies to anyone offended and I hope all are enjoying a happy Easter.[/quote]

Deserves at least a yellow card :O XD

redhouse
05-04-2015, 05:13 PM
Oh dear.

However, that hasn't happened on this occasion, any offense my picture/comment may have caused was unprovoked and if I could edit my post I would. Sincere apologies to anyone offended and I hope all are enjoying a happy Easter.[/quote]

Must admit I am not particularly religious but I did think the picture was in poor taste

BellBoy
05-04-2015, 05:24 PM
John2, for someone who is intelligent it was in really poor taste. This is supposed to be a football forum, not a platform to mock religion.

jolly_roger
05-04-2015, 06:05 PM
All very Forrest Gump " stupid is as stupid does"

Thing is had it been football related then he would have had nothing to say but had another poster had remarked anything derogatory about Islam then we would all have suffered from "death by Wikipedia"

BigRotherhamFanMe
05-04-2015, 06:41 PM
I quite like the un-politically correct John2.

In fact, I imagine he's busying himself right now, sourcing some funny Mohammed cartoons in time for Ramadan.

XD

gm_gm
05-04-2015, 09:02 PM
[quote="kempo"]Lets for the sake of argument accept the following as fact.

Jesus died on the cross.

His body was entombed.

From these 'facts' ..Why do some then choose a 'miraculous conclusion' when in fact this is the most improbable of many explanations of the above 'facts'[/quote
]

Immature, pointless and distatetul ...why waste time?

kempo
06-04-2015, 09:47 AM
What utterly stupid and uneducated comments from you gm.

Whether there is any historical evidence supporting the resurrection story is one of the greatest debates of all time and those are your comments...pathetic!