PDA

View Full Version : IF we go down - who will stay? Who will leave?

AuntSally
05-04-2015, 06:24 PM
I know we have games left and there is still a chance we stay up, but if we were to go down, which significant players (and manager) do you think will stay? But not just that - how do you think we'd fair after those losses?

MJT
05-04-2015, 06:51 PM
you would go :-D

Sidney1st
05-04-2015, 06:51 PM
Ings will definitely go.

As for everyone else, all the key players will have at least 1 year left on their contract at the end of the season, so the club can grow a pair and refuse to sell.

As for Dyche, it depends on what offers he gets tbh.

Unstable looking clubs like Forest , Leeds etc cant be that appealing can they?

As for anyone else, clubs in the PL,with the exception of Sunderland, have all got what could be classed as long term managers in place.

I suspect more championship clubs will be handed an embargo next season and others could have theirs extended, so hopefully the board pull out all the stops and make Dyche a very attractive deal to stay.

I'm aware the idea of the board growing a pair and pulling out all the stops is laughable sometimes, but now is the best time to do it.

Debt free, tv money pouring into the club, a weaker championship due to FFP rules and a very good championship squad in place already.

If Dyche leaves then I can't really think of a suitable r

NickBFC
05-04-2015, 07:01 PM
Ings will obviously leave. The rest partly depends if Dyche remains in charge IMO - If he does then I wouldn't expect any players we want to keep would ask to leave.

If Dyche leaves it could potentially pave the way for a couple of others to follow suit - Trippier and Boyd could be attractive signings for promoted sides/lower ranked clubs.

As for Dyche, obviously hope he stays whatever the outcome and I honestly don't see him joining any club outside the PL. IF he decides to leave...then I've been really impressed with Mark Warburton - seems a similar straight talking/gets best out of his players type manager.

ClaretTony2014
05-04-2015, 07:08 PM
"I've been really impressed with Mark Warburton"

Big friend of Dyche from working together at Watford