PDA

View Full Version : football version of dunkirk spirit today

Derbymiller
06-04-2015, 06:19 PM
I thought the team selection was good, the players gave it their all and they really wanted it today, excellent performance 5 more please

p.s. Rawson is absolute class, played 3 and 2 clean sheets he has to play now

HerbieCobbler
06-04-2015, 06:34 PM
Couldn't agree more. Great effort and application. Was it Rawson who made that block tackle? If we stay up by 2 points then that tackle was the season saving tackle.

michaeldc
06-04-2015, 06:48 PM
I thought the team selection was good, the players gave it their all and they really wanted it today, excellent performance 5 more please

p.s. Rawson is absolute class, played 3 and 2 clean sheets he has to play now

Any chance this result has taught you not to post such pessimistic, end of the world, knee-jerk stuff on here when we lose?

jolly_roger
06-04-2015, 07:57 PM
We even had a rescue helicopter

TMiller
06-04-2015, 08:12 PM
i nearly had a coronary! we really made it hard for ourselves in the second half but the commitment was unreal. well done boys, just maybe push up a little more in future maybe? :s

redandgreen
06-04-2015, 08:13 PM
Derbyshire man of the match for me today, hs work rate put the 'effort' of his partner to shame

jolly_roger
06-04-2015, 08:25 PM
For once the sponsors weren't too drunk and gave m.o.m to the right player.

Want to give Martinez a mention in despatches though.

Donald_Valley
06-04-2015, 08:31 PM
I think Martinez was MoM for me, closely followed by Derbyshire.

BellBoy
06-04-2015, 08:35 PM
Martinez showed how to manage the game when we were in front, saved a one on one at a crucial time and his kicking is top level.
I still thought Broadfoot was M.O.M.

Donald_Valley
06-04-2015, 08:41 PM
I thought Broadfoot was poor. Very lucky in second half with his clumsiness.

Ellis_D
06-04-2015, 10:39 PM
Didn't Smallwood get MOM? Or has my hearing gone?!

clarkey1974
07-04-2015, 12:11 AM
Didn't Smallwood get MOM? Or has my hearing gone?!

What.??..

the_idiotb_stardson
07-04-2015, 07:27 AM
I thought Arnason showed his class today.

On four occasions he put four superb passes up to set the attack going.

I feel a lot more comfortable about avoiding relegation when he is in the team.

Derbymiller
07-04-2015, 08:10 AM
michealdc my comments are never knee jerk I always think about my points and I standby the comments I have made. Yesterday we did things that some of us have been crying out for, like start with Bowery instead of sammon, concentrate and give us a full 90+ mins. That last point alone has been our achilles heel all season at least 10 to 12 matches we have lost points due to the made 15 mins. So no I will still make the points and views based on what I see and hear. I still cringe whenever Evans does a post match interview, even yesterday he was moaning about people conspiring against us he needs to calm down and show some class.

howdydoo
07-04-2015, 08:37 AM
On every level, what complete and utter drivel.

As for showing a little bit of class.

Try showing a little yourself.

Consumed in absolute nothingness and proper deluded.

What a complete ...

Erm... better not.

wrinkly
07-04-2015, 12:30 PM
michealdc my comments are never knee jerk I always think about my points and I standby the comments I have made. Yesterday we did things that some of us have been crying out for, like start with Bowery instead of sammon, concentrate and give us a full 90+ mins. That last point alone has been our achilles heel all season at least 10 to 12 matches we have lost points due to the made 15 mins. So no I will still make the points and views based on what I see and hear. I still cringe whenever Evans does a post match interview, even yesterday he was moaning about people conspiring against us he needs to calm down and show some class.

Do you still stand by this comment you made a few days ago?

"we went down when we lost to wigan, the players know it, the fans are starting to realise it"

BellBoy
07-04-2015, 12:51 PM
Please forgive me as I don't want to poke my nose into this, as there seems to be history here, but I thought a forum was for all opinions, positive / negative, good / bad. This means we get all views of the match, the team, the club etc..
I don't like negativity but it seems to be part and parcel of such forums.
Hope I have n't offended anyone.

michaeldc
07-04-2015, 09:21 PM
I love the idea that players don't concentrate or give their all for the whole game when no one has any way of knowing, or when people forget that everyone can make mistakes and that it's a fact of life. I also love the idea that people think they can inform a bunch of professionals (players and management) about it because they don't think they know already.

BellBoy, I'm all for constructive criticism but the downright pessimistic (for no good reason) and often unreasonably harsh attitude some people display here after a loss is really disappointing to see.

I was half expecting Derbymiller to hold his hands up and say 'perhaps I shouldn't be so quick to judge in future' but no, apparently he stands by everything (even the total garbage spilled recently) because to do otherwise would be to lose face and I guess there's nothing worse than that on an anonymous forum with fellow Millers...