PDA

View Full Version : should we focus on Fulham?

homesick_miller
07-04-2015, 09:42 AM
Just wondered what opinions are on resting a few for the Middlesborough game and focus on the more important game against Fulham?

Of Course its 3 points up for grabs v Borough but I can see a full strenght Millers busting a gut just to achieve a gallant defeat at best which then leaves us weaker for midweek Fulham game.

Considering our poor mid week performances, I wonder if steve is tempted?

Tough on fans who have bought tickest and booked travel etc but is this just another change in the modern game that has evolved?

your thoughts? UTM

audimiller
07-04-2015, 02:13 PM
Nope, im going to both Boro and Fulham and expect our best side on the pitch in both games, after all the lads have a full 3 days rest before kick off on wednesday, apart from a bit of training ;-) UTM

leedsmiller
07-04-2015, 02:26 PM
Definitely not. We need to battle for every point in every game, nothing is guaranteed in this league.

Casper64Frank
07-04-2015, 04:59 PM
We should focus on all five remaining games.

Our lot are going to both Boro and Fulham.

Expect the team/squad to be rotated and the Boro game to be entirely different to the Brighton game.

Expecting a point at Boro and a win at Fulham set your sights high,anythings possible after all it`s 11 v 11.

Yes I am also a realist so anything from these two games will be more than welcome.

Onwards and upwards.

UTM.

gwru
07-04-2015, 05:33 PM
We haven't got that many players good enough to bring in. 11 that started mon' Morgan is banned so that leaves us Collin, Frecks & Ward. SE as got 4 good loan players in Marinez, Hunt, Rawson & Lafferty. Love to keep them if its only a season's loan for Rawson.

ashbynick
07-04-2015, 05:51 PM
Wonder if I should ask my boss if I can take it easy tomorrow because I will only have had 16 hours break before a tough day Thursday?

Casper64Frank
07-04-2015, 06:03 PM
Not a question about players being tired they`re athletes so should be able to play 2 games a week every week.

Evans will pick a team with what he sees in training.
If a player looks disinterested or has the wrong attitude in training he wont be included.

May well see Frecks and Ward this weekend from the start.
It`s picking a team dependant who the opposition is.

UTM.

redhouse
07-04-2015, 06:15 PM
Listened to Evans interview on the way home on Monday he said Hammill was good in training and he was going to play instead of Pringle but he changed his mind

Although he couldn't remember his at first XD he did say there would probably be changes

Casper64Frank
07-04-2015, 06:20 PM
I don't listen to his interviews... he always blames the ref.

Didn't need Hammill Monday perhaps Evo is saving him for Boro.XD

calumwhite
07-04-2015, 06:22 PM
Green looked back to his best after a rest so I can see your point in resting some.

Any changes I would imagine to be tactical more than anything else with Frecklington, Ward, Sammon and Hammill all on the fringes.

redhouse
07-04-2015, 06:25 PM

Don't think he actually mentioned the ref :D he did however praise the supporters

homesick_miller
07-04-2015, 06:28 PM
I agree with all the above comments.

we only need to finish above millwall and wigan. (it seems)

Tonights game fulham v charlton will intesify or aleviate fulhams position.

Just that our midweek history is not good and if we could put a stronger team out for that game why not?

course we do not have the luxury of an equivalent second 11 like moneybag clubs.

If we get something at borough then great. I just think having a full on crack at them would leave us weaker for fulham where I feel we have more chance of getting something. (especially if they win tonight)

Ethically we should play our strongest team (Rules also) but just wondered if we could play this next couple of games smarter?

Anyway hope you all enjoy both games UTM

Casper64Frank
07-04-2015, 06:36 PM

Don't think he actually mentioned the ref :D he did however praise the supporters[/quote]

Edit-He sometimes blames the ref when we lose.

Well done Steve for praising the supporters.

UTM.

Casper64Frank
07-04-2015, 06:40 PM
I agree with all the above comments.

we only need to finish above millwall and wigan. (it seems)

Tonights game fulham v charlton will intesify or aleviate fulhams position.

Just that our midweek history is not good and if we could put a stronger team out for that game why not?

course we do not have the luxury of an equivalent second 11 like moneybag clubs.

If we get something at borough then great. I just think having a full on crack at them would leave us weaker for fulham where I feel we have more chance of getting something. (especially if they win tonight)

Ethically we should play our strongest team (Rules also) but just wondered if we could play this next couple of games smarter?

Anyway hope you all enjoy both games UTM

Fair comment and yes I think he will play the next couple of games smarter.

UTM.

gwru
07-04-2015, 07:16 PM
Steve admit it you knew we needed a win mon' you picked best players at last. All this looking good in training, its on pitch that counts. Wilson, Sammon & Hammill not good enough.

fromafar
07-04-2015, 10:18 PM
There's no reason, that Rotherham Utd cant get something at Middlesbrough, look what Bolton did to Cardiff, after nearly losing at home to Blackpool. Field your strongest team ,and win both games. I'm a optimist. Good luck..

homesick_miller
11-04-2015, 04:27 PM
Pringle and Frecklington rested. Derbyshire half a game and arnason pulled off - Fulham and Reading only points likely. what happened to young Rawson? Morgan?

UTM

wrinkly
11-04-2015, 05:00 PM
Pringle and Frecklington rested. Derbyshire half a game and arnason pulled off - Fulham and Reading only points likely. what happened to young Rawson? Morgan?

UTM

Rawson recalled by Derby
Morgan suspended