PDA

View Full Version : Computer Help Needed ...

dalemiller
07-04-2015, 07:02 PM
I've got a 2008/09 white Macbook Laptop, never had a problems with it from day 1. Turned it on today and after its made its usual start up chime, all I've got is a white screen and it won't start up. One thing I have noticed is that the battery indication lights underneath it only light up when the charger's plugged in. Could it be a dud battery ? Also if it is the battery does anyone know where I can get a replacement from locally ? Any help would be most helpfull.

jolly_roger
07-04-2015, 08:56 PM
Before doing anything else google

"Macbook not starting up"

Just to check the advice there before buying a battery

gramiller1959
07-04-2015, 09:18 PM
Before doing anything else google

"Macbook not starting up"

Just to check the advice there before buying a battery

how can he google when it wont start up >:) >:-)

Mac OS X: Gray screen appears during startup
Instead of seeing the Finder or the login window after startup, your computer may stop responding and the display may only show a persistent gray screen (you may also see an Apple logo, spinning gear, spinning globe, prohibitory sign, or a folder with a flashing question mark on it).

Note: The below steps may not apply if a blue screen appears during start up.
Note: Some steps below may reset preference settings or registration settings.
Disconnect, test peripheral devices and network cables
Note: "Peripheral devices" refers to external devices other than what came with your Mac, such as hard drives, printers, or hubs that you connect via a USB or FireWire cable.
Shut down your Mac. If necessary, hold your Mac's

gramiller1959
07-04-2015, 09:20 PM
If any of the devices requires a separate power source, be sure that power is connected to the device (for example, even if a device appears to be powered when connected via USB without the power cable, connect its power cable).
Try different USB or FireWire cables with each device, as applicable.
If you have a device similar to one of the conflicting devices, try replacing it with another one.
Contact each device manufacturer or the materials that came with the device. for more support information or, if needed, service options.

if that makes no sense .. blame the **** that wrote it :) not me ... i just copied and pasted it >:) >:-)

caytonmiller
07-04-2015, 09:23 PM
try removing the battery then boot the lapi from the power cord.
if its a dud battery this would isolate the problem

crashbang
07-04-2015, 10:26 PM
I've got a 2008/09 white Macbook Laptop, never had a problems with it from day 1. Turned it on today and after its made its usual start up chime, all I've got is a white screen and it won't start up. One thing I have noticed is that the battery indication lights underneath it only light up when the charger's plugged in. Could it be a dud battery ? Also if it is the battery does anyone know where I can get a replacement from locally ? Any help would be most helpfull.

Computer help has moved to Millers banter.

howdydoo
08-04-2015, 01:35 PM

Computer help has moved to Millers banter.[/quote]

Aye it has. Charge is 85 (remember that's vat incl)

Apple would charge a bit less but you won't get the same service. ;D

Gramiller's solution could be worth persevering with. Just use Google translate, Chinese version.

Failing that, bin it.