PDA

View Full Version : Diving - why can't referees spot it?

BellBoy
08-04-2015, 11:06 AM
I admit this is my pet hate, so forgive my rant here. It undermines the sporting contest and has now become an accepted tactic used by clubs.
During Mondays' game v Brighton, in the first 20 minutes, their midfielder Kayal No.28, who incidently I thought was their most dangerous player, was awarded 4 fouls in a short space of time, right in front of the west stand. IMHO only one was a freekick, but the other 3 were over dramatic dives, on one occasion he had actually beaten the player but felt the need to dive. Later he did yet another dramatic dive, which the ref saw, ignored but did not book him. The dives were pathetic o.t.t. attempts to get players booked and reduce our ability to defend or risk a second yellow.
My question is simple, I saw they were dives, many hundreds sat around me did and showed their frustration, so why could n't the ref?
We are seeing cheats prosper, Callum Wilson at Bournemouth comes to mind as a repeat offender in the championship.
When I watch the Footb

homesick_miller
08-04-2015, 11:33 AM
This one is the worst ever. - view external link (www.youtube.com/watch?v=rniszEh2Iwg&feature=youtu.be&hc_location=ufi)

sam11
08-04-2015, 01:38 PM
Nah ... - view external link (www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wjw-48DQkbw)

bigburns
08-04-2015, 01:57 PM
Derbyshire also went down like a 10-bob who-er on more than one occasion

BellBoy
19-04-2015, 07:02 PM
Just watched highlights on Football League show.
Had to laugh, Callum Wilson, for me the biggest cheat and diver in our division got absolutely flattened by the Weds centre half and no penalty was awarded.
Howe went made after game saying refs are targeting Wilson. I wonder why?

avondalemiller
19-04-2015, 10:43 PM
...but then again, i think it said on the Tele that he'd "got" 10 of the 14 penalties awarded...he got 9 out of 10 at the NYS for diving.

BellBoy
20-04-2015, 08:06 AM
You reap what you you sow.
He's been sussed out by refs and now he's not getting pens by diving and even genuine ones. Straight away Howe is moaning, whihc is a cheek after having had so many pens from dives.
I had a look at their fans forum (which is excellent) and they are having a right moan.