PDA

View Full Version : TALKSPORT relegation discussion..

hampsteadclaret
12-04-2015, 06:11 PM
This is on now, been on about ten minutes.

ClaretTony2014
12-04-2015, 06:13 PM
They were still ranting about the 'Barnes Challenge' last time I heard that station. The off switch will continue for a while yet.

wilko81
12-04-2015, 06:19 PM
A little bit hypocritical tony. Didn't you do an interview with their breakfast show on the morning of that game?

taio
12-04-2015, 06:22 PM
How is that hypocritical?

wilko81
12-04-2015, 06:31 PM
Talksport doesn't seem to be taken seriously on this board and I'm not sure why. Although we don't get the attention of the bigger clubs, when we are discussed I feel they appreciate what we are doing and what we stand for, and they are generally complimentary about us.

butterflyvenom
12-04-2015, 06:42 PM
wilko, I'll tell you why.

The station is populated with the most inane presenters in radio history.The dross such as durham and that half wit gough for example. Jaded tripe round the clock. The dull as ditchwater use of playing devil's advocate on seemingly every non event topic under the sun is tiresome beyond belief.
The insufferable london bias and adverts for bulding materials sums it up best. It is a horror show of a sport magazine.

taio
12-04-2015, 06:43 PM
Im not bothered if they appreciate us or not - when I've listened they just spout general bollox

hampsteadclaret
12-04-2015, 06:59 PM
I am not a big fan of Talksport preferring radio 5live, I had it on to keep in touch with the Manchester Derby. Their 'gung ho' in your face approach to sports coverage is not for me [Stan Collymore for example..:( ]

They are usually complimentary about us, as this evening. Ray Stubbs in the chair, Patrick Barclay and Matt..didn't catch his surname. There was agreement that it was difficult to predict who was for the drop from the relevant candidates but Hull's difficult run-in and the shocking state of Sunderland FC [the parachuting in of Advocaat was compared to Felix Magath at Fulham] put those 2 in the bottom 3.

They pointed out the very interesting fixtures on the last day, and a mention that Newcastle [playing Liverpool tomorrow] could yet fall into the mix.

They thought Burnley FC would avoid relegation, that we would pick up points and that Sean Dyche should be Manager of the Season if we stayed up [honourable mentions also for Gary Monk, Alan Pardew, and Ronald Koeman if So

dsr
12-04-2015, 07:09 PM
wilko - I think you'll find they hadn't started ranting about the Barnes "challenge" on the morning of the game.

randomclaret2
12-04-2015, 07:13 PM
Danny Kelly and Danny Higginbottom both tipped us to stay up on TalkSport last night as did Ian Wright on R5 today.
For all TalkSports faults I have always found their coverage of BFC very positive

Claretdj
12-04-2015, 07:22 PM
Talksport=Stan Collymore,enough said...:blue:

NorthernManInSouth
16-04-2015, 07:48 PM
The Hawksbee and Jacobs show on Talksport is superb. Highly recommend a listen, particularly on a Friday.

bodge
16-04-2015, 07:51 PM
The PPI miss selling saga's been going on for years...

ProfesssorPiehead
16-04-2015, 08:05 PM
Been a complete pile of sh!te since Keith Arthur bailed out

Ruined my early weekend arousals

The Bedlington Terrier
16-04-2015, 08:26 PM
They like Charlie Austin..!

RogerEliHatTrick
16-04-2015, 09:12 PM
I agree they are normally fairly complimentary about us. Other than The Alan Brazil breakfast show its dreadful IMO. Colin Murray has the most irritating voice, Hawksbee and Jacobs witter on about inane drivel for hours on end and Adrian Durham needs shooting.

cloughyclaret
16-04-2015, 09:22 PM
But apart from all that, you like them :)