PDA

View Full Version : Tony Eastwood R.I.P

ptangyangkipperbang
14-04-2015, 07:35 AM
Yesterday a very good friend and Claret peacefully passed away after a short illness. Tony (aka Billy)was only 48 years old and leaves partner Sarah and his three lads Daniel James and Aiden. Although he did not attend matches in the last few seasons he was of a generation when he went on week in week out when to say the least we were rubbish. One of my match day memories of which Tony never let me forget the day he saved my life in the mid 80`s when playing Bolton me and a pal (Ian Williams also sadly deceased) were set upon and chased up Standish street we ran to the Carlton only to find the doors locked and Louie the landlord at the time stood behind the glass doors not letting anyone in luckily for us Tony was walking past and demanded we be let in as we got through the doors the gang of Bolton fans just about caught up and just banged on the windows the escapade cost us a couple of pints mind. R.I.P Tony we have lost a true friend and BBQs and Parties will no longer be the same wi

beddie
14-04-2015, 07:58 AM
Very sorry to hear this news, such a young age as well. My condolences to his partner, family and friends.

ClaretTony2014
14-04-2015, 10:21 AM
More sad news - two posted in one day, and again at far too young an age.

I didn't know Tony but my thoughts are with his family and friends at this time.

The Bedlington Terrier
14-04-2015, 12:44 PM
48 is just too young to pass. R.I.P. Tony.

jaystrummer
14-04-2015, 04:13 PM
Rip Tony a very good friend of mine

longside4evr
14-04-2015, 04:23 PM
RIP Tony,I am myself back in the UK to bury my brother and was in Padiham with a good friend of mine when I heard this news such a young age it started with terrible headaches and happened so quick my sincere condolences as I know first hand how much this hurts my brother was only 46

Gunfury69
14-04-2015, 05:05 PM
Nice touch Sean

One of my oldest,best and closest friends...absolutely gutted.

Will always remember him getting on telly doing the conga after the Orient game...with his daft 80's perm

Sleep well pal

markwil
14-04-2015, 08:27 PM
Well put Ptang. I like a lot of others am absolutely gutted. Sarah has seen this thread. It brought a smile from her face. These kind of threads do help people in the darkest of times. R.I.P. Tony. Will miss your match day texts.

C. h.west
15-04-2015, 06:51 AM
So sad to have lost our dear friend Tony, so many happy and funny memories especially when he lodged at the 'hotel colifornia' Tony was such a kind hearted, honest and smiley faced guy.He was so non materialistic and content with his lot, he was so happy with Sarah and so proud of his 3 boys. Going to miss him lots. Our thoughts go out to Sarah and his family, RIP MATE

MK-Claret
15-04-2015, 08:59 AM
Gutted when i heard the news about Billy...i have known since Whitegate Nursery...Very funny bloke, had loads of laughs at school with him,Walker, Robbo and Harry..Wouldn't harm a fly though...my thoughts are with his partner, children and family at this sad time...RIP Billy (Tony Riding when i first new him).. Was a pleasure to of known him...

spudly
15-04-2015, 01:51 PM
I have known Billy since junior school and has already been said he was a great lad. I last spent any time with him at Willies funeral and couldn't believe the news on Monday. First one of a really good Gawthorpe team to pass away. RIP Billy.

Johnwinstonlennon
15-04-2015, 11:28 PM
When ever Bill put his arm round you in one of those moments, you knew he meant it.

Following any time you'd spent talking to him, you'd always come away feeling all the better for it.

Billy was a belter. An honest, very likeable, at ease with himself, lad.

He called a spade a spade. Didnt take himself too seriously, and could always come up with a quick, witty, one liner, as his sense of humour shone through.

Not one of lifes good guys, he was one of lifes GREAT guys.

RIP Bill