PDA

View Full Version : Brian Jensen's testimonial game petition.

Tomwhitaker1402
16-04-2015, 02:58 PM
Brian Jensen was told he would get his testimonial game at Burnley Football Club after spending 10 years at the club. The game was supposed to take place at the end of the 2012/13 season but for whatever reason it hasn't happened. After speaking to Brian he wants to say goodbye to the fans who have cheered him on for so many years. Hopefully this petition will help prove to the club that the fans want to say goodbye to Brian Jensen.

Please sign and share this petition to help get the BEAST his testimonial game for the mighty clarets!

Type "help get brian jensen his testimonial game for Burnley FC" into Google and it will be the first link that comes up. It will require a and an email but it is completely free. It will take you to a donation page but it isn't needed so just close the page down and your signature will still be there. It's 100% free.

After speaking to Brian I have realised just how much the club meant to him and all he wants is top say goodbye to the fans he adore

ClaretTony2014
16-04-2015, 03:08 PM
Brian Jensen was given his testimonial by the club. He put a committee together to arrange it and made some money out of it, although his committee were never able to arrange a match.

Burnley Football Club can do no more, they granted a testimonial and he had a testimonial. That there was no game was down to the testiminial committee.

You are not the first to come on here touting this and, as with the others, it is always after speaking to Brian seems to be the one behind it. I even saw him abuse a Burnley fan on twitter because he wouldn't support it.

He's been, he's gone, he's had his testimonial and I see many of those signing his petition are from Denmark. I wonder how many of them would be here to say goodbye.

Personally I think it's pathetic and embarrassing for an ex-player to be running his own petition to get a testimonial he's already had.

Thanks Brian for registering just to post this.

Tomwhitaker1402
16-04-2015, 03:11 PM
He didn't set up the petition. I did.

Iamaclaret
16-04-2015, 03:11 PM
It is bizarre.

Let me get this straight - He was given a testimonial, he/his committee didn't arrange a game, and he is now petitioning to have another go at it?

Tomwhitaker1402
16-04-2015, 03:12 PM
He arranged a game and it was cancelled. Not by the committee.

ClaretTony2014
16-04-2015, 03:14 PM
"He didn't set up the petition. I did."

You are not the first person to come on this board and claim to be the one setting it up.

Iamaclaret
16-04-2015, 03:15 PM
Could the committee not arrange a different date? It's not like it was cancelled last minute, I can't remember seeing it advertised at all?

Oshkoshclaret
16-04-2015, 03:19 PM
Tom, has Beast talked to Michael Duff? He could play in Duffo's testimonial and achieve his dream of saying goodbye to the Burnley fans. Put a few people on the gate to help his old team mate out too. The perfect solution.

Tomwhitaker1402
16-04-2015, 03:21 PM
Yeah, both me and Brian are talking with various ways of getting this to happen. Brian and Duff are under the same agent.

ClaretTony2014
16-04-2015, 03:22 PM
"He didn't set up the petition. I did."

Did you really? Are you Mrs Maria Jensen? - view external link (http://goo.gl/PVMhEA)

Tomwhitaker1402
16-04-2015, 03:28 PM
Look on twitter. All the tweets sent out by Brian and Maria have me tagged in them. Why would they do that if it wasn't me who made it. Ask maria on twitter, it was me. Despite what the Stoke Sentinal said it was me.

Iamaclaret
16-04-2015, 03:33 PM
Well done Tom, lets say it was you after all...

So what?

It does not change any of the facts does it? As advised above, Brian would be best speaking to Michael Duff and his committee, who seem to have done a much better job. - view external link (http://md4testimonial.co.uk/)

mg63
16-04-2015, 03:46 PM
'It will take you to a donation page'. All a bit embarrassing, that a man who, during his time here earned perhaps ten times what most supporters did begging for donations. Perhaps he should borrow a whippet and an old blanket,and come and sit outside the Turf.

PapaBendi
16-04-2015, 04:14 PM
I remember Jensen very awkwardly hanging around like a bad stink at the Player Awards Dinner, after party last season when it was a night for players and management who had achieved promotion - no one else.

I think Brian really needs to move on with his life.

MrTopTier
16-04-2015, 04:18 PM
Not had one for a while, but think this potential as a classic thread.
How many have signed up so far?

burnleybabe
16-04-2015, 04:25 PM
He also sold a lot of the things he was given for his testimonial on Ebay.

I agree with Claret Tony and PapaBendi on this one

buxtonclaret
16-04-2015, 04:45 PM
Doubt it'll becomea 'classic thread', but l may be wrong.
Its an embarrasing one though.. :(

ChristheViking
16-04-2015, 05:15 PM
The Duff testimonial is the perfect solution for this request.

But let's face it - it isn't about saying "goodbye to the fans who have cheered him on for so many years"

It's about money and it's as grubby as it appears.

Another solution - contact the Club and ask to do the Half-Time draw. This checks the box on being able to say goodbye but won't be a payout. As that's not officially on the agenda it's another win-win.

whittyclaretandblue
16-04-2015, 05:18 PM
We will have had more of these threads than transfers to Porto/Benfica soon.

As I understand once the club sanction a testimonial it its down to the player to organize any testimonial events the club cannot do any more than allow them to have one and provide the venue and as the club did sanction a testimonial and in doing so provide the Turf for it to take place there's only one person responsible for it not happening.

daveisaclaret
16-04-2015, 06:43 PM
It's hard to know exactly what's going on with all this (especially because I find myself rather biased against him for a few reasons) but I can't help but feel Brian and I shared the only goodbye we needed in his last ever start for us at Barnsley.

herts_clarets
16-04-2015, 06:49 PM
Give it up and move on Brian. It's becoming embarrassing for you.

Pieandapint
16-04-2015, 07:21 PM
Ten good years service more than deserves a testimonial.

When we get the remaining nine years owed, let us know.

moltisanti
16-04-2015, 07:57 PM
This is dragging on nearly as long as one of Brian's dives

wherewasi
16-04-2015, 08:11 PM
Loved Beast as a player when he was with us and thought he was our best keeper throughout that time. However, he revealed his true colours in his biography where he came across as a spoilt brat; thoroughly dislikable. This sort of thing solidifies that opinion. You've earned a f@@king fortune In your career Brian. Whatever you did with it that leaves you wanting to have another grab or whether you just want more, nobody much is interested.

Eddie_M
16-04-2015, 08:26 PM
"I remember Jensen very awkwardly hanging around like a bad stink at the Player Awards Dinner, after party last season when it was a night for players and management who had achieved promotion - no one else."

So which are you? Player or management??

MDWat
16-04-2015, 08:52 PM
Is this still going?!

Bin_Ont_Turf
16-04-2015, 08:59 PM
BEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAASSSSSST!

nil_desperandum
16-04-2015, 09:07 PM
This petition smacks of desperation. If he is so short of money, then maybe those behind it should put together a DVD compilation of all his howlers during his time at Burnley.
I'm sure this multi-dvd comedy box set will sell well in the club shop, and his Danish supporters could purchase it online.

Tomwhitaker1402
16-04-2015, 11:03 PM
Id just like to say that Brian and Duff won't be making any money for themselves as like youve said, they have both made a fortune at Burnley and wherever else they have played. All the money raised is going to charity from both players. Not into the back pockets of the players.

yorksclaret
16-04-2015, 11:18 PM
Which charity?

Bin_Ont_Turf
16-04-2015, 11:25 PM
Unfortunately you are wasting your time Tom. Jensen is seen as someone who had a dump on the centre spot whilst wearing a Blackburn shirt and an Owen Coyle mask by some on here.

I'll remember him for his efforts at Chelsea and the home game against Reading in the promotion season (to go with the other 6/9 points he saved us that season).

He wasn't the best goalkeeper in the world, he wasn't even the best goalkeeper in the time he was with us, but Burnley FC didn't have to offer him new contracts. They did though, which makes some of the comments and views on this thread quite strange.

I think his testimonial has gone though.

wherewasi
16-04-2015, 11:28 PM
Yes, which charity? During the abortive testimonial year, I don't recall seeing any pledge or mention that all the proceeds were going to charity? And why bring Duff's testimonial into this?

tybfc
16-04-2015, 11:34 PM
Agreed. Duff's should not be dragged into this pathetic row by Jensen and every effort should be made by everybody involved to disassociate the two.

MDWat
16-04-2015, 11:49 PM
Agree with the two above. Don't want Jensen's tarnishing Duff's event.

It's passed. Move on.

Bin_Ont_Turf
17-04-2015, 12:21 AM
'Don't want Jensen's tarnishing Duff's event'

Why so nasty? Is Jensen's tarnished?

Brian Jensen shouldn't be anywhere near (unless invited) Duff's testimonial, but I don't know why there's so much venom about it.

mgill87
17-04-2015, 05:27 AM
I've sometimes defended Jensen on here as I think people are quick to forget some of his good perfomances for the club. However, this testimonial think still being dragged out just smacks of desperation. Duff is an extremely popular (and loyal) player and deserves his own testimonial - I would hope he gets that and not one shared with a player who left us almost 2 years ago.

superdimitri
17-04-2015, 04:19 PM
Signed the petition thanks! How people can have so much hate for one of my favourite Burnley players puzzles me. Maybe its they who need to move on? If you don't want to sign, that is up to you. No need to chime on about it.

wilks_bfc
17-04-2015, 04:32 PM
So who is being petitioned then?

From what I've seen/heard, the only ones that haven't done what was intended was the committee set up by Brian

nil_desperandum
17-04-2015, 04:57 PM
"So who is being petitioned then?"
Now that's actually a very good question.
Might I also add that most of us who are critical of Jensen are influenced by his behaviour once he lost his place in the team, his subsequent behaviour and comments, his attitude in his book, and his continued pursuit of a testimonial match long after the opportunity has passed.
Most of the negativity towards him is unrelated to his matchday performances. His career at Burnley was littered with howlers, but he was also capable of turning in brilliant match-winning performances, and these are what he should be remembered for, not pursuing the lost cause of a testimonial match which his own committee should have sorted out 2 years ago.

daveisaclaret
17-04-2015, 05:08 PM
"So who is being petitioned then?"

According to the petition, it is "help prove to the club that the fans want to say goodbye to Brian Jensen" which is something the club probably took into consideration when they gave permission for a testimonial to be organised

NUMANdroid
17-04-2015, 05:19 PM
I once got kicked in the testimonials