PDA

View Full Version : Matt Derbyshire

jvmiller
20-04-2015, 11:54 AM
His form since January has definitely changed opinion and his goals have been ***** over the last few weeks.

Here's a piece I have written on him and the part Steve Evans played in his revival. - view external link (http://www.itsmillerstime.co.uk/2015/04/confidence-is-key-for-derbyshires-hot.html)

DK_NY
20-04-2015, 01:08 PM
Not sure I agree with the sentiments there JV, it's almost as if Evans wrote the article himself such is the spin.

So, we are to believe that Derbyshire had been written off by the fans but not the manager who brought in Becchio, JCH and Lawrence to try and replace him ? The IBS thread "sign here if you think Derbyshire will come good", posted just before his revival, showed that he had a lot of support amongst the fans.

Does Evans take no responsibility for contributing to Derbyshire's lack on confidence prior to January - would it not have been advantageous to "show his unwavering faith in the player" before January, and give his supposed star signing a run in the team sooner ?

I firmly believe that being dropped for 3 games after every missed chance was a key factor in Derbyshire's struggle for confidence. Like everyone, I'm delighted to see him come good but really can't see the way he's been managed this season as something Evans should be praising himself for. I think he on

LiverDamage
20-04-2015, 02:14 PM
Totally agree.^^^^^^.UTM