PDA

View Full Version : Passing Game

Penfold Claret
25-04-2015, 07:09 PM
Is it me or has anyone else noticed the apparent demise of our passing game in the last couple of months. Apart from the square passes between the back four we seem to be increasingly relying on long ball tactics which are so predictable.
Could this change be linked to the lack of goals and is it also a consequence of the lack of a creative midfield since Marney was injured?
Today, just before the penalty award, seemed to be the only part of the game that we were successful in stringing a few passes together.

Quattro
25-04-2015, 08:26 PM
For me, they seem to be too keen to pass and play a passing game - I'd much rather them see get a few crosses into the box, rather than trying to pass the ball into the net.

Ings is getting very little service so he is having to do more work himself - at a different club, he'd be a different player.

claretshaun
25-04-2015, 08:28 PM
Our play in last six week has been poor and basic. We havent got far as 18 yard box when wide which results in trippier hitting balls only 10 yards in opposition half. This is not only poor service to front men but also easy to defend

Akinbadbye_20
25-04-2015, 09:04 PM
Unsuprisingly when we got Kightly back on the pitch we started to look like an attacking threat again. Hes not fantastic but he actually threatens teams. We started to play with proper width and it seemed to give Trippier a bit more space as well.

Too little to late though, we have been too cautious to often this season. Pearson was probably right, we have got a bit worse since last season

ashtonlongsider
25-04-2015, 09:39 PM
How many of our players look comfortable on the ball to play a passing game? I can't think of too many. - view external link (d)

burnleybabe
25-04-2015, 09:46 PM
All gone pear shaped since Marney was injured.
Dyche is as stubborn as a former manager we had (S.T) regarding who he plays.

PapaBendi
25-04-2015, 09:57 PM
The Kightly one is a head scratcher and a bit of a black mark against a manager slowly going backwards at this club

butterflyvenom
25-04-2015, 10:07 PM
They aren't that good at passing it unfortunately.
Those tight against the touchline areas for instance, appalling.
Over hit or not enough on them is another prob.
To see a player in space and give it to a team mate with markers around him is foolish.No confidence to take it into danger areas. Losing ground, being out tackled, we were much better at all of this earlier in the season for some reason.