PDA

View Full Version : Ings !

pendletraveller
27-04-2015, 08:59 PM
To Premier League Bournemouth ? Think he may be on Eddies shopping list.

Wembley09
07-05-2015, 02:48 PM
Being linked with Man Utd in the Independant a couple of days ago.

Be surprised if they really did want him, although he seems to have similar stats as Van Persie.
Still would expect to end up at somewhere like Bournemouth/Watford etc. - view external link (http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2015/05/05/burnleys-nine-goal-danny-ings-could-prove-a-worthwhile-risk-for/page/1/)

beddie
07-05-2015, 03:26 PM
Why would he go to Bournemouth, they will be straight back down to the Championship after their fling in the Premiership.

Squarepusher
07-05-2015, 03:45 PM
I'd say they've got every chance of staying up with a bit of investment in the right places.

The Bedlington Terrier
07-05-2015, 04:52 PM
If he isn't staying I don't care where he goes unless it's abroad and then we get next to nowt for him!

ewanrob
07-05-2015, 04:55 PM
Manu signed Depay from PSV...cant see DI making the mark just yet.

CombatClaret
07-05-2015, 05:45 PM
I think Ings has a little over inflated view of his bargaining position. He's stated he wants to join a big club and play regular football. You can't walk into a Liverpool or Manchester team and demand this, as Lambert, Bony or Falcao will testify.

If he doesn't explode at one of the big clubs he will be at a Stoke, WBA or Villa in a couple years, no shame it that and I can see why you'd rather aim for the top now and drop down later than try and score 20 goals at a mid-table club first.

AuntSally
07-05-2015, 07:15 PM
In my view, he's simply not good enough to start for a top Prem team. What I think he will do however is move to a big club for the money even though he'll be spending most of his time on the bench.

clentclaret
07-05-2015, 09:00 PM
I think he is good enough but the way we have played recently hasn't suited him. Around the times of wba, palace, United we were playing lovely football and he was pivotal in that (although as a team we couldn't defend)

Since then we have been awful, playing hoofball and he has been living on scraps. He's worked his socks off but has become frustrated. He deserves better. Good luck to him

IanMcL
07-05-2015, 10:41 PM
Has a huge learning curve.

beddie
08-05-2015, 01:32 PM
I read this morning that Liverpool want to get the deal done (or agree terms with BFC) within the next 14 days. Also this morning a Tottenham supporter told me that Pochettino is very keen to sign him.

ClaretTony2014
08-05-2015, 02:05 PM
"I think he is good enough but the way we have played recently hasn't suited him."

We haven't played any differently than when he was scoring goals.

ewanrob
08-05-2015, 02:50 PM
"We haven't played any differently than when he was scoring goals"...couldn't agree more with that statement. He's been trying to hard & needs a lot more composure if he is going to make the grade, hope he does though.

Alp12Mac
08-05-2015, 03:08 PM
Missed headers against Leicester and West Ham are prime examples of how he is feeling the pressure.

It has all got a little bit too much of late as I'm sure he would have converted 3 or 4 of his recent chances had we have been further up the table.