PDA

View Full Version : The day my dad took me to Wembley

ClaretTony2014
05-05-2015, 09:28 AM
It's the 5th May today and apart from it being my cousin's birthday (I'll get that one in because her age goes one more than mine today), it's also the day, when I was 10, that my dad took me to Wembley to watch is play in the FA Cup Final.

It was my first ever visit to our national stadium and I cried as I left at the end with Spurs having won the game 3-1. Needless to say I'll point some fingers at referee Jim Finney. He should have pulled Spurs up for a foul on Adam Blacklaw, didn't and then compounded that by giving a penalty against Tommy Cummings.

Jimmy Robson scored our goal. It was the 100th Wembley FA Cup Final goal, but Jimmy remains absolutely convinced that he got two goals that day with the other wrongly wiped out for offside.

They were two great sides, absolutely no doubt about that. Their goals came from Jimmy Greaves, Bobby Smith and Danny Blanchflower who scored the penalty.

Only 10 of the players who took part that day are still with us, Tottenham's Dave Mackay re

silkyskills1
05-05-2015, 09:41 AM
As I stated yesterday Jimmy Greaves was surrounded by some great players and our side was packed with talent too. I'd been a season ticket holder for a couple of seasons, also aged 10 but my Cup Final ticket was handed over to my older cousin by my mum instead of an Easter egg. Nothing more to say really.:blue: :blue:

ClaretTony2014
05-05-2015, 09:49 AM
It was my first ever season ticket and without it I wouldn't have been able to go. My dad took me to football but it was my mum who thought a season ticket was a good idea in the previous August.

I've never been without one since, I know it will guarantee me my FA Cup Final ticket when we next make it. :D