PDA

View Full Version : Not feeling that disappointed.

gosia
09-05-2015, 04:06 PM
Given we've just gone down but at least we've made a fight of it and had moments where we could be very proud.

Still there's always going to be big IF's.

If only we'd manged to get one or two more quality players in at the beginning of the season.

If only we'd managed to win against Palace and West Brom at home.

Now can only hope that we don't lose more than Ings and get one or two in that put us in with a chance of a serious challenge next season.

SMALLPAUL
09-05-2015, 04:09 PM
When you look at Blackpool you know it aint that bad.

wickdkewlclaret
09-05-2015, 04:11 PM
I actually feel on top of the world! Get some confidence boosting wins and attack the championship! BRING. IT. ON.

Redbeard
09-05-2015, 04:12 PM
Well I bloody am...:/

evensteadiereddie
09-05-2015, 04:14 PM
Same here - I'm already looking forward to the Championship. It won't be easy but we have come down as a very good side and not in decline.
UTC

pompeygun
09-05-2015, 04:14 PM
I honestly think you've done yourselves proud, I dont think I've seen a single game on the box where you caved in or been totally overrun. You'll be back & with all that loot banked.

turftoper
09-05-2015, 04:15 PM
All credit to the players for what they have done but none to the Board they done nowt

rjw1882
09-05-2015, 04:15 PM
I don't feel too bad. I've enjoyed this season, the plaudits we have received, the effort the lads have put in. I feel the team have mirrored the town very well and I'm glad we have done it the way we have. Couple of key moments lost it for us, such as Arfield and Taylor's penalty misses, Palace and West Brom at home. It's not necessarily because we've not spent millions. We have a great foundation now, if we keep Sean, to be a strong side. Will be an interesting summer.

gosia
09-05-2015, 04:17 PM
Don't really feel comparing us to Blackpool is that relevant smallpaul.

Much prefer to think we could have become a Swansea or possibly Hull at a pinch albeit they may still go down too.

evensteadiereddie
09-05-2015, 04:21 PM
Or WBA who took a while yo-yoing before getting reasonably established. With some clever buys, I don't see why not.

Wembley09
09-05-2015, 04:22 PM
Could have been a Wigan (similar size to us)
Not the recent, the past.. 8 straight seasons in the Premier League.

Even Stoke, they were a shock when they went up in 2nd place back in 2008ish.. and were predicted to come right back down. But they adapapted to the Premier League, and strengthened each season in that League. Though they did have a brilliant manager in Tony Pulis.

Cajun
09-05-2015, 04:25 PM
I said on another thread, it hurts but i feel remarkably calm about it. We really have done ourselves proud, we have given it our all, and as Sean says, there are fine margins. For me, those key moments have been the 2 penalty misses; surrendering two 2-goal leads in quick succession, and one miss when Danny hit the post from close range against Villa in the last min soon after we had levelled. I sure will miss the wonderful Prem Lge coverage on NBC Sports over here though.
... Oh and as CT reminds us on the daily thread, it is May 9 ---- if we feel disappointed today, dont ever forget that 28 years ago today we were staring into the abyss of extinction.

Quicknick
09-05-2015, 04:58 PM
Very pertinent post, Cajun. Especially that last point.

CleggHall
09-05-2015, 05:07 PM
A great season, the game at St James Park, Newcastle on New Year's Day will stick in the mind for ever. We've lived with big boys for the whole season. - view external link (A)

casknotkeg
09-05-2015, 05:10 PM
We've gone down after having a real go, playing some good stuff at times and causing an upset or two. There's plenty of cause for optimism, if we keep Sean and most of the side.
I just hope that next week, the crowd really gets behing the team and the club, with no protests against the board or anything, as Sean says, we can all learn from this.
UTC

ablueclaret
09-05-2015, 06:35 PM
Very disappointed we really didn't give it a go. To stick with the same formation and virtually the same team throughout showed a lack of adventure.
For me Dyche has been far too rigid, he's deeply disappointed me with his approach. I think he could have done much better with the resources he has.
Fortune favours the brave, we may have given our all but we've not adapted to the division we're in. OC did better.

mgill87
09-05-2015, 07:07 PM
I never thought I'd be so indifferent about a relegation. It has been a tough old season and IF we can get things right this summer then we have a good chance of being up there competing for promotion again next season.