PDA

View Full Version : Ings interview after the game

Como_Claret
09-05-2015, 04:08 PM
He gave a fairly honest appraisal of the situation, the lads have played their hearts out but the goals dried up and the win has come too late.

Then he was asked, 'What now for Burnley and Danny Ings? The club will want to keep hold of their best players...' He said that 'There's still two games to play which the boys will play with pride then I'll sit down with the club in the summer and see where we go from there.'

We've all assigned ourselves to the fact that he'll be off, but the way he spoke seemed to suggest nothing has been decided yet and it could possibly still go either way. :?

IanMcL
09-05-2015, 04:10 PM
He still has much to learn. depends how many games he actually wants to play. Better to play than bench. However, he will be Prem quality without doubt.

gosia
09-05-2015, 04:12 PM
It would be unbelievable if he decided to stay and can't really see it myself.

He's too ambitious and there's just too many clubs would want to have him especially if they can get him for 3 or 4m which will be an bargain.

The only think that might change his mind is whether those interested can guarantee he starts and most of them may not be able to.

Possibly also whether we let anyone else go.

silkyskills1
09-05-2015, 04:13 PM
Saw it as well. Personally, I think he was just being diplomatic. Ridiculous question to ask anyone within minutes of a tough game where relegation has been confirmed. But that's the nature and quality of journalism today.

fungus_the_bogeyman
09-05-2015, 04:15 PM
Looked Prem quality today, that's for sure. Absolutely outstanding. No way we keep hold of him unfortunately, but he's been a credit to himself and the club. Wish him nothing but the best wherever he ends up.

hampsteadclaret
09-05-2015, 04:18 PM
If we rate him, and he's a pretty good player, and he is worth keeping because he is young and will improve, then we should make him the best financial offer that we can...not sure we can match MUFC and LUFC if they come in, but he'll be on the bench for them, and very prominent for us..
If he goes, we will replace him like we always have since 1882.

Pretty crucial that we keep Sean Dyche, Trippier, Heaton and Shackell.

- let a few go, get 3 or 4 good quality ones in, regroup and have another go.

I like the Championship it is an excellent competition.

Well done the whole lot of them for this season.

wickdkewlclaret
09-05-2015, 04:21 PM
He can't stay surely! He'll miss out on a hefty signing on fee and a greatly increased wage. Surely Howe would look at him at Bournemouth and with that would also get the chance to play regularly.

BURNLEY2014
09-05-2015, 04:24 PM
Would it be inconceivable that Ings signs for a Liverpool or a United but comes back to us on loan for one season and there is no cash changed hands in the form of a tribunal,

Quicknick
09-05-2015, 05:14 PM
I am more concerned about Shackell or Trippier leaving.

williamblah
09-05-2015, 05:17 PM
inclined to agree with wicked Kewl. Ings is more likely to get a place week in week out with Bournemouth than with a Man U or Liverpool club. He's lower Premiership standard at the mo.
Its going to cause upset but the bottom line is that for example, Charlie Austin playing in a team no stronger than Burnley has scored far more goals.
Danny has some way to develop.

jojomk1
09-05-2015, 05:27 PM
Given the situation with Sturridge at Liverpool I would think there would be a decent chance of him starting there
Can't see why he would go to Bournemouth if Liverpool or Man Utd come knocking

ets
09-05-2015, 05:29 PM
Guaranteed first team football and billionaire backed wages might influence his decision ;D

claret78
09-05-2015, 05:29 PM
I didn't think he was "absolutely outstanding" today but it's all about opinions I suppose.

roydclarets63
09-05-2015, 05:31 PM
tripps and ings to bournemouth ?

andyh
09-05-2015, 05:41 PM
Hampstead
I'm pretty sure Ings would get in a pretty poor Leeds team...
;-D

SoyCapitanClaret
09-05-2015, 05:54 PM
He'd be a good replacement for Balotelli at Liverpool.

Neither score if they can somehow contrive to miss.

Jamb0MackemClaret
09-05-2015, 06:02 PM
He had a quiet first half but he was a man possessed after the break, brilliant performance.

willyclaret
09-05-2015, 10:19 PM
I thought our fans showed their class today by singing his after the game which was acknowledged by Ings as well.
The lad wears his heart on his sleeve and whilst I've heard a few disgruntled voices about his body language etc he's been good for us and we've been good for him.

AuntSally
09-05-2015, 10:35 PM
I think he'll go to whoever offers the most money. Regardless of whether he plays or not.

boatshed bill
09-05-2015, 11:55 PM
Bournemouth surely.

Quicknick
10-05-2015, 12:38 AM
What a move. Playing in front of 11,000 fans. And, factor into that, going back to his first league club. I think he will want to do better than that

The Bedlington Terrier
10-05-2015, 07:26 AM
It is perfectly reasonable to expect Ings to return "home" and take Shacks, Trips and Mee with him.

Claretforever
10-05-2015, 08:50 AM
Ings' interview after the match. Recorded on phone so apologies for poor sound. - view external link (youtu.be/ln0BxdLfK9A)

NGSOBOB
10-05-2015, 10:15 AM
I hope he stays. He has a lot to learn still, particularly heading, composure and clinical finishing. He can do that best when playing. Assuming Sean stays, it would be good for Danny. If he had Payton's finishing to go with his other abilities, he'd be astounding. After all, he's only 22, plenty of time.

ecc
10-05-2015, 11:30 AM
JC! Has Bournemouth become the new Barcelona?

Quattro
10-05-2015, 12:51 PM
I don't get this whole "body language" issue with Ings!