PDA

View Full Version : A really positive statement...

The Bedlington Terrier
10-05-2015, 07:34 AM
A really positive statement emanating from our two Co-Chairman today with promises and assurances from Turf Moor today would be brilliant. "Retaining players, retaining SD, sizeable war chest, dry powder room open", would be great keyword speech components. Likely..?

clareturion
10-05-2015, 07:38 AM
I'd accept a statement from them along the following lines...

" Sorry,us and the backtoom team ferked our Sean's best chances "

as at least a first step in the right direction.

enola_gay
10-05-2015, 08:44 AM
What they say isn't half as relevant as what they do.

Who we keep and who we sign this summer will tell us infinitely more about our intentions re getting back into the Premier League than any amount of platitudes and half-arsed hashtags.

Quattro
10-05-2015, 01:00 PM
I suspect our board members have politicians genes in them somewhere - say one thing, do another, or make statements without actually stating anything.

silkyskills1
10-05-2015, 01:15 PM
It's a year on Tuesday since 'the retainer' was introduced and was the first step in dampening the 'feel good factor' that surrounded the club. It might benefit us to hear some positive views and plans this time around but I'm not holding my breath. I'm not sure a free pint will cover it this time.

clarethomer07
10-05-2015, 02:02 PM
I would not expect that kind of statement whilst we have games to play. The season is decided but not over.

The Bedlington Terrier
10-05-2015, 03:55 PM
Now is exactly the time to start planning for next season and revealing the "Battle Plan"!

Funkydrummer
10-05-2015, 04:04 PM
It's evident that there was not too much planning for going up, so what's the chances of any planning for going down ?

silkyskills1
10-05-2015, 04:05 PM
I'm guessing the next season will begin on August 8th for us. This season finishes on May 23rd so that's an 11 week gap. Players report back for pre-season about 5 weeks before kick off of new season so that leaves 6 weeks of close season. I think Claret 13552 is spot on when saying it's time to be preparing now.