PDA

View Full Version : Possible clubs who would go for Dyche.

ClaretinBudapest
10-05-2015, 02:42 PM
Any ideas on clubs that would go for Dyche?
I would say from the Premiership possibly Newcastle or Hull.
A whole host of clubs from the Championship could make him offers.I would go for Notts Forest,Wolves or God forbid Bolton or even Rovers.

dsr
10-05-2015, 02:45 PM
Rochdale, Forest Green, Cheltenham, Hartlepool, Chelsea, Nelson, Rotherham - any of them could make an offer. They may not offer enough to tempt him, though. (He might go to Chelsea.)

Bin_Ont_Turf
10-05-2015, 02:49 PM
Newcastle - possible but I don't think he'd want to be involved in that Geordie mess.

Hull - hilarious

Forest, Wolves, Bolton, Rovers - all have managers

ClaretTony2014
10-05-2015, 02:51 PM
"Any ideas on clubs that would go for Dyche?"

Burnley sounds a far better bet than some of the clubs you've mentioned.

Rowls
10-05-2015, 02:55 PM
I'd like to add Nuneaton Boro' into the mix.

And Patrick Thistle because I like his.

Oh, and Blind Spartans. And also Sporting Lesbian.

Quicknick
10-05-2015, 02:59 PM
Let's worry about this if and when.

Rowls
10-05-2015, 03:05 PM
Don't worry.

Be happy.

ClaretTony2014
10-05-2015, 03:08 PM
I know a Patrick but I don't think his is Thistle, must be a different person.

mgill87
10-05-2015, 03:08 PM
I agree with BOT that Dyche is unlikely to want to work with Mike Ashley at Toon.

I don't think there'll be too many that would be an immediate yes. And if he does go it's not the end of the world.

ksrclaret
10-05-2015, 03:11 PM
My biggest concern is Dyche starting the season with us, Forest sacking Freedman and then him ending up there.

Their owner seems to like an ex player

Rowls
10-05-2015, 03:12 PM
Some of the usual no-nothing newspapers are discussing whether Burnley "should stick with Dyche".

Happy for that to be the angle that the media take. It will keep the dim-witted of club chairmen well away and that accounts for the vast majority of them.

gosia
10-05-2015, 03:19 PM
There's not many premiership clubs - possibly Sunderland and/or Newcastle.
Newcastle are the most obvious and then maybe
West Ham - if Big Sam goes.

Obviously some Championship clubs may be interested. Of those I'd say QPR may well be interested and then possibly Forest and Derby if McClaren changes his mind and goes to Newcastle.

Like most others I would hope he would stay but much may depend on the Board and whether they can persuade him with a decent contract/salary offer and a reasonable transfer budget.
Three year contract and say 10m transfer money would be a minimum if it was me. That wouldn't be asking for too much and should be enough to bring in two or three decent additions (depending on who goes and how much we get for Ings). If he did go then I suspect two or three players may well follow

He knows he's got something good going at Burnley as do most of the players so if he decided to stay then he may well be able to persuade one or two to stay for another season.

Wha

Deadlydave
10-05-2015, 03:38 PM
Does this Board given the recent track record of "getting targets" have the foresight to make Dyche an offer he will struggle to match? Couple that with a transfer budget that will tempt him that he can get the recruits needed to have a real chance of getting back to the PL???

Quicknick
10-05-2015, 03:52 PM
How do you know talks aren't already happening? I'd be surprised if they aren't.

claret78
10-05-2015, 04:04 PM
I think he'll see how the next year pans out to be honest.

But if we're outside the play offs at Christmas this time will the fans ask for him to be replaced?????

cubanclaret
10-05-2015, 05:12 PM
Havent Sheff Wednesday come into some money? Potentially the biggest club in the championship ?

beddie
10-05-2015, 05:36 PM
How long is a piece of string? He will be fine with us and will have plenty of money to spend.