PDA

View Full Version : SD Please read and stay stay stay

lancaster100
10-05-2015, 08:09 PM
IF SD stays then no matter what team he gathers around him I am confident his team will be progressive committed and always put in a shift. Just like the current squad.

My view of the main squad is to Keep Tom Heaton and may be secure a better second keeper to push Tom for his place.

Keep Trippier, Shackell and Mee (the most improved player in the squad. We will need at least one more centre back and may be a full back if Kieran Trippier goes.

Midfield Keep Scott Arfield and Dean Marney. Not sure about Dave Jones borderline. So potentially we need at least 2 new midfielders. Probably keep Kightly but allow Wallace to leave.

Attackers keep Ashley Barnes and Sam Vokes. Clearly Danny Ings will go (Best wishes from me wherever he ends up). Release Sordell and Juke and bring in 3 new strikers 1 with potential to step into DI's position and the other 2 able to improve the squad.

Don't know if any of the development squad might be ready to step up?

The big issue for me is - SD please l

evensteadiereddie
10-05-2015, 08:10 PM
OK, you've convinced me, I'll stay.

Quattro
10-05-2015, 08:21 PM
The choice for Sean Dyche will be to move on to a new club, with the prospect of having a bigger transfer kitty and a bigger salary, but with that comes pressure. Yes, it would be a new challenge for him, but is that a more attractive proposition than trying to guide your club, which you have restructured in the 30 months you have been here - yes, times were tough at first, but he rode the storm and came out the other end not only a stronger manager, but a manager who achieved the unexpected in guiding Burnley to the Premier League, and as such is adored by the fans.

Only one person can make that decision, and hopefully, Sean's plan is to stay.

AuntSally
10-05-2015, 08:32 PM
Dyche has only been here 5 minutes. If I were a manager a challenge to me would be achieving something over 5-10+ years. He has something to prove - that he can not only get us promoted but he can also keep us up. That's his challenge and one I hope the chairmen give him.

If he leaves we'll be in the same position we were 5 years ago. We need to keep hold of him for at least 1 more season.

Fretters
10-05-2015, 08:35 PM
Release David Jones? Are you serious? Quality player at Championship level. And we wouldn't get a better second keeper than Gilks.

elwaclaret
10-05-2015, 08:50 PM
Gilks is a proven keeper with Premier and International experience. I would have thought more than good enough as backup and keep TH on his toes.

David Jones may be borderline Premier quality... (I personally have no issue with his contribution this season) but he is certainly a cut above average in the Championship.

Dean Marney is going to do well not to miss a chunk of next season and may struggle to ever regain the quality he has shown. Surely much as I admire what he is about as a footballer for many years, there must be a question mark over his future at Burnley.

SD owes Burnley nothing. It will be a difficult decision if he gets offered a big club close to his family home. To go or see out the job here.

rats_cle
10-05-2015, 08:51 PM
SD is a big believer of getting a team through a good pre season, so if he is to move on, we will know sooner rather than later.

butterflyvenom
10-05-2015, 11:20 PM
It's going to be down to a number of factors.
Naturally we as Burnley fans don't want him to go, the issue is what goes on behind the scenes.
I mentioned elsewhere on here that many managers opt to leave clubs where their reputation is in tact but end up out on their ear when the fortunes of the new club change for the worse. Imagine him having to contend with the clowns that run Newcastle for instance !
If someone chooses to leave they can quickly become yesterday's news if it all goes **** up.
Sean Dyche will also understand perfectly just how Burnley will operate financially. If he feels his abilities will not be backed by a board for whatever reason right or wrong, then he will be certain he won't be able to thrive as he would somewhere else.
I believe he was genuinely thankful for the job Burnley offered him. Being in the spotlight for the last nine months has made many sit up and take notice that's for sure.
Just as Ings has made it clear he wants to ply his trade at the highe

AuntSally
10-05-2015, 11:23 PM
"SD owes Burnley nothing"

Why should it be a case of what he owes us?

He got us promoted and got us relegated. There's a huge challenge waiting for him at this club. As far as I'm concerned he needs to stay for 1 more season - at least.

Peter_Nobles_Wig
11-05-2015, 09:01 AM
The feelings of the fans towards the Manager were dealt a serious blow when Judas performed his vanishing act.

SD has created an atmosphere at the Club where the fans, once again, look up to the Manager and are keen to get behind him.

It will be a sad day when he leaves but he is ambitious and probably deserves "bigger" than BFC.

Quicknick
11-05-2015, 09:21 AM
I think he may feel he has to really prove himself by getting us promoted again. He will not like having a relegation on his CV.

Peter_Nobles_Wig
11-05-2015, 09:26 AM
"He will not like having a relegation on his CV"

He will be hurting like the rest of us but he is a very pragmatic and stoic type. This was highlighted when he was flirted from Watford.

BereavementDividend
11-05-2015, 09:27 AM
Flirted from Watford hahaha.

I always love seeing threads like this, as though anyone from the club gives a crap what is posted on here.

Peter_Nobles_Wig
11-05-2015, 09:39 AM
"as though anyone from the club gives a crap what is posted on here"

Correct !

We post as a form of catharsis so that we don't hoof the cat around the living room ;D

Many at the Club read CM, although they would probably deny it in public. Whilst they don't give a crap, I believe that some of the better ideas that are floated here are sometimes adopted.

BereavementDividend
11-05-2015, 09:40 AM
Just wish they'd have read the idea to sign some good players. Oh well.

Roll on next season! ;)

beddie
11-05-2015, 11:38 AM
Down to Sean really. He will know our Board, Fans and no doubt some of our players really want him to stay. Once he has discussed it with his family he will make his decision known. I too hope he stays.

moggybfc
11-05-2015, 02:53 PM
I was thinking about this yesterday, it might be a daft idea, but maybe on Saturday against Stoke all the fans sing

"we only want Sean Dyche, we only want Sean Dyche, Sean Dyche, we only want Sean Dyche"

Hopefully thi will show the board that the fans back him and maybe he might be persuaded to stay

I really hope he does stay though

Quickenthetempo
11-05-2015, 03:33 PM
It would be better for the club if he stayed but if we started the season with Warburton from Brentford and his attacking style it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world.

ImBlue
11-05-2015, 03:40 PM
'Release juke and sordell'

HAHAHA! You had premier league money and wouldn't even want his signings in the championship and would release them with 2 years left on there deal?

Funny!