PDA

View Full Version : Kieran Trippier

Bin_Ont_Turf
11-05-2015, 10:28 PM
I'm sorry, I normally don't go in for all this rag *******s but I thought that I would try and corral all the moaning negative posters in to one thread. :D

Apparently Trippier has a 3.5 million release clause in his contract and Stoke are after him.

Courtesy of the comic The Sun. - view external link (No link because it's subscription and I'd have to be an absolute moron to do that.)

ClaitonClaret
11-05-2015, 10:44 PM
When he chooses to leave he will go with my blessings and thanks for his total commitment to the cause. I hope he remains a claret for many more years. He is what a Burnley player should be. He could become a legend. We have had more from him than I reckon we had combined from Laws, Dixon and Doherty. All 3 were very popular as young players but I think Trippier is the most popular of the four.

Quicknick
11-05-2015, 11:20 PM
Which Dixon are you talking about? Not Lee, surely. He only played a few times. :?

Steve_Harpers_Perm
12-05-2015, 06:20 AM
Been a fantastic player for us hopefully he will stay but can have no complaints if he remains in the premier league. Also a great lad off the pitch.

Wembley09
12-05-2015, 07:29 AM
I've heard rumours that Swansea are keeping an eye on him.

They reckon he will suit their style of play, and be an ideal replacement for the ageing Angel Rangel.

The Bedlington Terrier
12-05-2015, 07:45 AM
He certainly has been worth every penny we paid for him in the initial fee and his wages. The lad deserves to play in the top flight. We will miss him!

CariocaClaret
12-05-2015, 09:42 AM
"I've heard rumours that Swansea are keeping an eye on him.

They reckon he will suit their style of play, and be an ideal replacement for the ageing Angel Rangel."

I thought they brought in Kyle Naughton to do that?

Quickenthetempo
12-05-2015, 09:51 AM
He will be hard to replace but 3 and half million is probably about the right price.

Jamb0MackemClaret
12-05-2015, 10:01 AM
Shame about the sell-on clause City have apparently got, but he deserves to stay in the PL.

Peter_Nobles_Wig
12-05-2015, 10:51 AM
Deserves to play in the Prem and fair play to the lad, he has always given 110%. Goes with my blessing too even though I will be sorry to see him leave.

But... STOKE?! WTF?!

He'll always be a Claret at heart :D

BereavementDividend
12-05-2015, 10:59 AM
Best right back I've ever seen for us. Will easily be on the fringes of the England squad soon, and for that to happen will need to be playing regular in the PL, which he can easily do.

Jamb0MackemClaret
12-05-2015, 12:22 PM
Don't see why Stoke wouldn't be a good move for him. Definitely good enough to play for them, it's still roughly in the Manchester area, and they're solidly mid-table and unlikely to go down. They play some decent stuff now but if they are playing a Crouch type that's a fantastic target for Tripps' crosses.

Notrigsbyscat
12-05-2015, 12:30 PM
was about to say the same thing - Stoke, ninth in the PL. Hardly Wigan is it.

army88
12-05-2015, 02:29 PM
3.5 million is a joke , another class piece of contractural negotiating.

I listened to Stan collymore a few weeks ago and he said he was in the know of a couple of clubs very interested in Tripps but for a lot more money than that.

We really aren't in the same world , ask yourself could you replace him even for that money (3.5 million) the answer is no.

Halffullclaret
12-05-2015, 05:24 PM
A class act worth as much as Luke Shaw and has played more Premier games same age 19m we are not a Happy Shopper club.other clubs ask a fortune for dross.
Trip is a top player worth top money.We gave Jay and Charlie away for peanuts this stupid policy has to stop.Surely our money mad board will negotiate top money or will they screw us again ,giving away our stars and then winging about inflated fees for buying replacements

daveisaclaret
12-05-2015, 05:33 PM
"ask yourself could you replace him even for that money (3.5 million) the answer is no"

How much did he cost us?

BereavementDividend
12-05-2015, 05:37 PM
Dave,

You are obviously trolling, because clearly the 3.5 million figure quoted to replace him means as he is now, not the 2-3 years development with us when we bought him for around 1.5 million.

You surely know that don't you? You must do.

It'd be very hard to find a direct replacement with the same skills, work ethic and attributes as Trippier for 3.5 million.

You know that though Dave, don't you?

Or are you trying to suggest we'd be lucky enough to spend 1 million on another right back who may eventually be good enough in 3 years??

bobinho
12-05-2015, 05:39 PM
Everyone knows we are "ten bob millionaires" so they will offer peanuts and we will accept it.

It's what we do.

Great player. It's no wonder he is liked so universally in Burnley. He plays for Burnley like we'd play for Burnley, with the added advantage of being very good at it. Gives everything, all the time.

ClaretTony2014
12-05-2015, 05:52 PM
"Everyone knows we are "ten bob millionaires" so they will offer peanuts and we will accept it.

It's what we do."

Nothing could be further from the truth. In the last decade or so, when we've sold players, we have been outstanding at the sort of money we've got for them. To suggest we'd take peanuts is absolutely laughable.

daveisaclaret
12-05-2015, 06:07 PM
BD - I think if we signed someone as good as Kieran Trppier was in 2012 and he quite quickly became as good as Kieran Trippier is now then we'd have replaced him. Maybe you don't, and that's fine too.

I think that's very possible to do, too.

I also think attemping to do exactly that is Burnley's only realistic chance of a sustainable model. It doesn't matter how much we get for Kieran Trippier, we ain't about to start chucking down 3.5 million deals for full backs.

MrTopTier
12-05-2015, 06:11 PM
James Perch at Wigan, 28, experienced right back. Would not cost a Million and leaves more time for Dumigan to develop.

Bin_Ont_Turf
12-05-2015, 06:16 PM
Don't worry, Duff can play there and if he comes back and we're struggling for players, Marney can as well. ;D

wills_claret
12-05-2015, 06:30 PM
Our record on buying/selling players in the last decade, profit wise, has been solid. I'm not sure we can criticise the club on this one, especially when you look at others record in comparison. Austin was worth more than 4 million, but it was nothing to do with the club. Good deal for fletch, right price for jay. And we must give them credit for investing in these players for the right price too. They've rightly had criticism is season, but there's been some excellent dealings in recent years that have left us with assets worth more than they arrived for.

Tripps has been fantastic and will be difficult to replace, especially given our focus on him to deliver assists. But if this clause of 3.5 million is correct, it was probably bound into a deal that allowed us to get him cheaper in the first place you can't have it both ways. Given the fee, his contribution and service; a 2 million profit ain't too bad.

bobinho
12-05-2015, 07:42 PM
A 3.5m clause means nowt really, other than he will be allowed to talk to clubs. It doesn't mean we have to sell for that amount, but we will.

If there is a 2m profit, we won't see anything like that after Citeh take their cut.

He will go for peanuts 'cos the board will see a quick buck. Peanuts means nowhere near his true value btw. Less than 3m would be my guess, when it should be closer to 6m. Hope I'm hopelessly wrong but time will tell.

Akinbadbye_20
12-05-2015, 07:44 PM
'James Perch at Wigan, 28, experienced right back. Would not cost a Million and leaves more time for Dumigan to develop.'

Thats a great shout for a new Baird/Reid type, wouldn't want him to directly replace Trippier if he left though

Rileybobs
12-05-2015, 07:49 PM
3.5m seems about right for a top of the Championship/bottom of the Premier League full back.

Bin_Ont_Turf
12-05-2015, 07:51 PM
Bobinho - Your first post was just drivel.

Your second post is just incoherent rambling.

mdd2
12-05-2015, 07:51 PM
I thought both Tripps and Mee cost about 400k each. We weren't splashing the cash that much in 2012 when they signed for us after being on loan 6 months.

RogerEliHatTrick
12-05-2015, 07:57 PM
If we sold Trippier for 3.5 million we would be complete idiots. Many will vouch for the board not falling into that category.

dsr
12-05-2015, 07:58 PM
Go on then, army. Since you are clearly "in the know" about Trippier's contract negotiations last summer, how much of a release fee would he have accepted?

You are aware, I presume, that freedom of contract has been introduced and clubs can no longer tell the player "there's your contract, sign it or retire"?

Bin_Ont_Turf
12-05-2015, 08:01 PM
'If we sold Trippier for 3.5 million we would be complete idiots'

'IF' the release clause is correct then we 'will not' be selling him for 3.5 million.

army88
12-05-2015, 09:01 PM
Take the point Davies , but the fact that players like that eluded us the whole of the last 3 seasons, doesn't dampen your spirits is impressive.

Sarcasm aside the point was that at 3.5 million it's no way near his valuation, the collymore interview I mentioned had him at between 10 and 12 million , I appreciate that's irrelevant until it's cast iron etc but it's just seems to me we get bullied into selling and undervaluing our assets.

I posted on another link that maybe someone should be ringing Eddie Howe as he seemed to have the eye for the players you mentioned, real quality with the ability to improve further and in the bargain basement at between 450 k and a poultry million.
I'm not saying Tripps is irreplaceable but I'm confident you would struggle at the 3.5 million mark , or you would have to be incredibly lucky .

mgill87
12-05-2015, 09:10 PM
Hoos has said we don't need to sell players but you'd imagine Trippier will be off if a decent offer comes in. I'd hope we can keep hold of our best players if we're serious about promotion though.

dsr
12-05-2015, 09:16 PM
If the Board of Directors hadn't persuaded him to sign a new contract, he'd be available on a free this summer. Compared with that, 3.5m is quite a lot of money.

PS - just to be helpful, not critical, please don't take offence - "poultry" is for our friends the chicken farmers down the road. Your word is "paltry".

Bin_Ont_Turf
12-05-2015, 09:16 PM
'but it's just seems to me we get bullied into selling and undervaluing our assets'

Can we have some examples of being bullied and undervaluing our assets please?

Qcumber
12-05-2015, 09:19 PM
I would be gutted if we lost Trippier :s

distortiondave
13-05-2015, 07:34 AM
I'm no apologist for the board, but we've done very well over the last 10 years or so in terms of incoming transfer fees. We even managed to get money for Ian Moore.

mgill87
13-05-2015, 07:59 AM
I can't see how anybody can argue that the club hasn't done well in selling its players over the years. That's just pure fabrication.

Looking back over the years:

We sold Ade Akinbiyi for 1.75mil.

We sold Wayne ****ing Thomas for 1.2 mil.

Jay Rodriguez for 7mil.

Tyrone Mears and Chris Eagles for a joint fee of 3mil.

Steven Fletcher 6.5 mil.

Kyle Lafferty 3mil.

To say that we get bullied or just snap up the first offer that comes our way is ridiculous.

BURNLEY2014
13-05-2015, 08:30 AM
Trippier absolutely loves this club and is a future captain in waiting, hes a level headed lad who wont be moving anywhere as its the player that has the final decision, unless tripps is told to leave he will be here for the long haul.

Wembley09
13-05-2015, 08:34 AM
Didn't Steve Cotterill play a big part in getting the fee from Southampton for Wayne Thomas?

But yeah, we have got some decent fees for players.. and as they said a couple of years ago, every single Burnley player is available at the right price.

Some clubs will not sell players even at the right price, but Burnley are always willing if they get a decent offer.

Pieandapint
13-05-2015, 08:47 AM
I very much hope you are right, Burnley2014.

I'm sure Trippier does love it at Burnley, I'm equally sure he loved being a PL player. Quite which he loves most remains to be seen, particularly if a good offer arrives.

claret47
13-05-2015, 08:53 AM
C.T. we took peanuts for Ralph Coates ages ago, peanuts for Billy Hamilton and Glen Little more recently and peanuts for Fletcher,Rodriquez and Austin recently. Accepting 3.5 million (with the sell on clause) would be accepting peanuts for Trippier in my opinion.

mgill87
13-05-2015, 09:11 AM
"C.T. we took peanuts for Ralph Coates ages ago, peanuts for Billy Hamilton and Glen Little more recently and peanuts for Fletcher,Rodriquez and Austin recently. Accepting 3.5 million (with the sell on clause) would be accepting peanuts for Trippier in my opinion."

I'm not sure Ralph Coates and Billy Hamilton are that relevant since we're talking about decades ago.

Fletcher and Rodriguez both went for good fees. What would have expected us to get for them?

Austin should perhaps have gone for more but I don't think Hull City did us any favours with the way they handled things.

northernpowerhouse
13-05-2015, 10:02 AM
The going rate for a top Championship full back is the 3.75 million that Ipswich got for Aaron Cresswell. We're in a better financial position than they are so we could probably get about 5 million. You can probably find a decent Championship right back for under 2 million so it wouldn't be a bad deal.

bobinho
13-05-2015, 04:55 PM
"Austin should perhaps have gone for more but I don't think Hull City did us any favours with the way they handled things."

No perhaps about it. You are quite right Hull did us no favours, but we didn't help ourselves by ****ting our pants and offloading to QPR. We were so desperate to get rid, it was embarrassing.

Northernpowerhouse... See if you can find one.