PDA

View Full Version : Jay Rod

tybfc
12-05-2015, 02:30 PM
Jay has just signed a new deal until 2019 with Southampton.

BereavementDividend
12-05-2015, 02:33 PM
http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view/100077/partridge-shrug-o.gif[/URL]

SethHowarthsHair
12-05-2015, 02:55 PM
Brilliant news although I was shocked at this one, was told about 6 months back he was off. Glad he has stayed with them though, good club.

Hope he continues where he left off before his injury, and puts himself back into contention for the euros.

Rick_Muller
12-05-2015, 03:12 PM
BereavementDividend - defn - bellend of the highest order...

beddie
12-05-2015, 03:16 PM
I am pleased for him. Nice part of the country to live in and no doubt a nice pay day to go with it.

CaspertheClaret
12-05-2015, 05:59 PM
Maybe need a season on loan at a Championship club to get his match fitness and confidence back up. ;D

BereavementDividend
12-05-2015, 06:04 PM
Thanks, Rick!

The Bedlington Terrier
12-05-2015, 06:06 PM
Not exactly rocket science is it? Give your best players a new improved contract when they have only twelve months left on their existing one. I wish the Numb Nuts who dictate our contracts policy would watch and learn!

Sidney1st
12-05-2015, 06:20 PM
Claret13552, Ings was offered a new contract several times, all of which he declined.

Keep up, numb nuts.

ClaretTony2014
12-05-2015, 06:38 PM
"Not exactly rocket science is it? Give your best players a new improved contract when they have only twelve months left on their existing one. I wish the Numb Nuts who dictate our contracts policy would watch and learn!"

Only one numb nut here and that's you Claret13552 for even thinking that we didn't try getting Danny Ings to sign a new contract, in the same way as we did with several other players.

No it's not rocket science, but you haven't got a grasp of the fact that if a player doesn't want to sign a contract you can't force him to.

tybfc
12-05-2015, 07:06 PM
Money talks.

"Southampton have secured the future of Jay Rodriguez by almost doubling his wages and are negotiating again with Nathaniel Clyne, showing they are intent on keeping their star players.

The club are keen to avoid the south coast exodus of last summer when a raft of key players left, including Adam Lallana, Luke Shaw, Dejan Lovren, Rickie Lambert and Calum Chambers.

Keeping Rodriguez, who was out of contract next year, is a major coup with Southampton signifying their determination to retain the services of their best players this summer.

Jay Rodriguez (right) signed a contract extension to keep him at Southampton until 2019

Rodriguez has been a transfer target for the likes of Manchester City, Tottenham and Liverpool

Rodriguez signed an initial contract worth 25,000-per-week when he joined Southampton in 2012 and, although that has increased since he arrived, his new four-year deal is understood to be worth approximately 60,000-per-week.

The 25-year-old who

Duffer_
12-05-2015, 07:21 PM
Could we help get him up to match pace on an early season loan? Is that unrealistic of me and/or would it be too disruptive? I'm sure we'll see him again and, whilst I'd prefer it to be sooner rather than later, it will be a measure of his success if it's a way off.

UTC!