PDA

View Full Version : Blackpool charged over abandoned game...

clarkey1974
14-05-2015, 03:11 PM
A pondering quote from football league...

"The board took the view that the 0-0 score line that stood at the time of the game's abandonment should be officially recorded as the final result of the match, as it believes that league points should always be earned on the field of play,"... - view external link (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32737770)

Skywalker1983
14-05-2015, 03:40 PM
Absolutely shocking! Ive read it 7x and so mad - Steve Evans even stated this

millersrus
14-05-2015, 03:55 PM
Sets you thinking... If Blackpool invaded the pitch whilst drawing in each game they went on to lose (28 ) they could have ended up with 54 points and not got relegated :?

CAMiller
14-05-2015, 04:11 PM
Does finishing 16th have any financial implications to Huddersfield over finishing 15th? If it does then the Blackpool fine should be made to cover that. However, I doubt it would be any solace to the fans who have been able to lord it over Leeds if they'd won the game and finished above them.

loyalmiller
14-05-2015, 06:29 PM
CAM, on the FL72 catch up show Peter Beagrie said Huddersfield would get more money for finishing higher.

He also said if the points were awarded to Hudders, Leeds would have a reason for litigation and if they weren't Hudders would.

Personally I don't think we're talking a huge amount of cash here so they'll just let it go.

gorky
14-05-2015, 06:30 PM
I presume as member of 'the Football League board', Karl Oyston played no part in this decision?

Snowball
14-05-2015, 08:08 PM
I don't understand the outrage.

In our situation no points were given to any club that were not earned on the field of play. The Football League haven't contradicted themselves.

CAMiller
14-05-2015, 08:49 PM

In our situation no points were given to any club that were not earned on the field of play. The Football League haven't contradicted themselves.

I agree - they have basically stuck the the premise that they are not going to give points that haven't been earned - but as in our case they will take them away if they feel they have been earned unjustly. Neither Blackpool or Huddersfield get the points in this case, nor did Brighton against us. I'm sure it would have been a much different story if the Blackpool result had any 'real' meaning.

gorky
14-05-2015, 09:07 PM

I agree - they have basically stuck the the premise that they are not going to give points that haven't been earned - but as in our case they will take them away if they feel they have been earned unjustly. Neither Blackpool or Huddersfield get the points in this case, nor did Brighton against us. I'm sure it would have been a much different story if the Blackpool result had any 'real' meaning.[/quote]

They've not fulfilled a fixture so why should either team get a point? Every other match that gets abandoned is replayed.

millertop
15-05-2015, 06:53 AM
Getting some right backlash (rightly so) from a lot of fans from other clubs as well.

How on earth can you give Blackpool a point? What example are they setting here, complete utter joke.

If Hudders had gone on to win that game then they would have finished 15th instead of 16th and above Leeds for the first time in years.

Money can also factor in where you finish .

millertop
15-05-2015, 06:56 AM

But they took our 3 points away which we earned on the pitch.

clarkey1974
15-05-2015, 07:10 AM
Getting some right backlash (rightly so) from a lot of fans from other clubs as well.

How on earth can you give Blackpool a point? What example are they setting here, complete utter joke.

If Hudders had gone on to win that game then they would have finished 15th instead of 16th and above Leeds for the first time in years.

I am almost certain they will revoke that point,or some points at the charge hearing.well they have got too without question.or it sets a wrong and dangerous precedent.I think it would have been replayed in almost every other case, but being the last game i think the FL have been abit caught out(not for first time),And indeed the board that charged them have quoted as advised the FL they need to address this issue in future cases more clearly and have some clear ruling,which suggest's they probably didn't know what to do for best,but as things stand by and large th

ParkgateMiller
15-05-2015, 05:55 PM

I think it would have been replayed in almost every other case, but being the last game i think the FL have been abit caught out(not for first time),And indeed the board that charged them have quoted as advised the FL they need to address this issue in future cases more clearly and have some clear ruling,which suggest's they probably didn't know what to do for best,but as things stand by and large they might have just got away with it,but it could have been alot messier and more implications,could have even ended up

clarkey1974
15-05-2015, 09:01 PM

I think it would have been replayed in almost every other case, but being the last game i think the FL have been abit caught out(not for first time),And indeed the board that charged them have quoted as advised the FL they need to address this issue in future cases more clearly and have some clear ruling,which suggest's they probably didn't know what to do for best,but as things stand by and large they might have just got away with it,but it could have been alot mes