PDA

View Full Version : Matt Mills

LincolnClaret
15-05-2015, 02:15 PM
I notice he's been released by Bolton today, along with a few other notables (Andy Lonergan, Keith Andrews, Jermaine Beckford and Craig Davies).

I good friend of mine is a season ticket holder down at Bolton and he's very surprised that Mills has gone. He was captain for the majority of last season and in his opinion he was one of the best players they had. His view on this is it's a purely financial decision.

I'm sure Shackell will attract interest this summer; I can certainly see Eddie Howe enquiring about his availability. And Duffman isn't getting any younger. Matt Mills could be a good addition to the squad at the right price.

ClaretTony2014
15-05-2015, 02:17 PM
I believe, from what I've been told, that he's the type of apple Sean Dyche wouldn't particularly want in our dressing room.

He's a better player than his brother though.

ksrclaret
15-05-2015, 02:22 PM
I think he'll probably end up at Nottm Forest, even though Freedman had previously said that he wasn't a target.

If we're after another centre half, then I'd prefer Alex Pearce who's out of contract at Reading and is a few years younger than Mills.

Wembley09
15-05-2015, 03:11 PM
As in released today? Or told they won't be offered a new deal?

If today, then doesn't that mess Preston up for their League One Playoff final. As they have Beckford on loan from Bolton, and if he has had his contract terminated by them, he will have no contract for Preston to loan.. making him a free agent.. and with the transfer window shut for free agents (or that they can't go through untill a certain date) they will be without him for the final.

ClaretTony2014
15-05-2015, 03:23 PM
Contracts run until end of June

The Bedlington Terrier
15-05-2015, 04:54 PM
Without outside investment Bolton are skint. Mills and Pratley are available for wages. Would be great squad additions for our planned imminent return to the top flight.

cubanclaret
16-05-2015, 06:42 AM
On paper that's a pretty seasoned bunch of Championship free transfers that have had a fair amount of cash splashed on them in the past.
Speaks volumes for the situation Bolton are in.

donboy
16-05-2015, 08:58 PM
Mills was released because, believe it or not, he was still on 40k per week. He was ok last season but nothing more. Still basically a donkey. Pratley is still trying to negotiate a contract because he wants to stay. He's crap as well and if you could take him off our hands I'd be extremely grateful.
Craig Davies has been much improved this season. If he could stay fit (which he couldn't for us) he would be a decent signing for any championship side.

mkmel
16-05-2015, 09:03 PM
If Matt Mills was on 40k a week and I assume a few others are on big wages then I'm surprised Bolton haven't made massive losses

M4CCA
17-05-2015, 08:24 AM
No thanks, no better that what we have and strolls around like a world cup winner.

Luppy
17-05-2015, 02:41 PM
Couple of clubs interested in Mills, Forest current favourites. Needs an operation on his ankle which, bizarrely, Bolton refused to pay for as his contract was running out.

ClaretTony2014
17-05-2015, 02:48 PM
Who was it that signed Pratley & Mills for Bolton?

Luppy
17-05-2015, 02:58 PM
Same fella that signed Marvin Sordell!!!!

Wembley09
17-05-2015, 04:14 PM
Isn't Matt Mills somewhat a trouble maker aswell?

Seem to remember he was renowned for it at Reading. Heard he was a really awful big headed t***er there.

IanMcL
17-05-2015, 04:38 PM
Pearce (shout above) is a good 'un.