PDA

View Full Version : Trippier to Bournemouth

fireyclaret
19-05-2015, 10:14 AM
According to skysources Bournemouth planning to make move for Kieran Trippier

mgill87
19-05-2015, 10:23 AM
I'd hope he could do better than Bournemouth! I get the impression that he enjoys playing for Burnley and that he's got his family and mates in the area. I'm not sure why he'd want to go to a club where he can play in front of less fans - it's not as if Bournemouth are certain to stay up next season. I think he'll stick with us unless a mid-table Prem club come knocking (such as Stoke).

CleggHall
19-05-2015, 10:32 AM
Rossendale v Bournemouth? A no brainer for Tripps I would have thought. ;D

ClaretTony2014
19-05-2015, 10:37 AM
Sky sources: That should rule it out then

LoveCurryPies
19-05-2015, 11:00 AM
Sky sources

...that would be his agent then!

He's been fundamental in supplying JayRod, Austin, Ings with so many superb crosses since he joined BFC.

I really hope he does not move on but you can't blame the lad if he wants to play PL football.

Darthlaw
19-05-2015, 11:01 AM
I'll be astounded if Tripps is still a Burnley player in September.

WillBlake
19-05-2015, 11:13 AM
According to skysources Bournemouth planning to make move for Kieran Trippier...

.. so? If I was Bournemouth manager, I'd make a move for him too.

He's a Premier League player no doubt, but he can do better than Bournemouth.

Jamb0MackemClaret
19-05-2015, 11:51 AM
If the rumours about a 3.5m release clause are true, half the league should want him. Bargain at that price.

silkyskills1
19-05-2015, 11:55 AM
'Rossendale v. Bournemout has? A no brainier for Tripps I would have thought'

What's wrong with Bournemouth then?

harrowclaret
19-05-2015, 11:56 AM
Not too much left after a 3.5m release clause and a 40% sell-on clause inserted by Manchester City are factored into the equation.

head_chef
19-05-2015, 11:58 AM
"3.5m release clause"

All that will be is clubs can speak to him if they trigger it by bidding over 3.5 million, it does not mean we have to sell him for 3.5 million, he's got a good few years left on his contract a whopping 40% sell on fee.

We don't need to sell for the money, but might be forced to sell if he wants to go and is not happy at Burnley, and if we did sell it would have to be a very big fee to cover the 40% sell on fee and the years left on the contract, I would say for around 8+ million, but we don't need the money and he's very very happy at Burnley

ksrclaret
19-05-2015, 12:02 PM
If the rumours about the clauses in his contract are true then by my calculations we'd be getting 2.1m if we sold him.

For that, I'd rather we paid him 2.1m ourselves on the proviso he stays with us.

Pieandapint
19-05-2015, 12:03 PM
If he goes to bloody Bournemouth my dislike for Howe will hit new levels!

Of course Trippier has a say, it's also a good test of how well we can sell our ambition to our better players and pull out all the stops to keep them.

elwaclaret
19-05-2015, 12:03 PM
I would hope that SD sits Tripps down and can put down forward plan ambitious enough for Tripps to feel he wants to help us get back up at the first attempt. He's young enough and good enough to bide his time. I also think he has the character as a lad to be willing to do that with a club he obviously feels at home and comfortable with.

Pieandapint
19-05-2015, 12:08 PM
If Dyche tells him he's not going, that it, he's staying. That's the law!

M4CCA
19-05-2015, 12:52 PM
"According to skysources Bournemouth planning to make move for Kieran Trippier"

So basically some chap who was sat in the miners pre or post match on Saturday.

He has spoken to Howe, Hughes & Jay rod in the last few weeks and that's just to my knowledge.
I would be asking more questions if managers wasn't asking questions about Tripps availability.

notnowbernard
19-05-2015, 01:09 PM
I think this one was inevitable, Eddie & Tripps obviously know (& I would guess like & respect) each other well and his style of play is perfect for an Eddie team.

Really tough one for the lad because there will be other teams undoubtedly interested, however I think he's a top player and bloke so whilst I would love him to stay whatever he decides is fine with me. He has a big decision to make, I hope more than anything for his sake he get's it right.

SethHowarthsHair
19-05-2015, 01:32 PM
I'd be off in a flash if I was him, he'll probably double his wage with a release clause and know if he plays well, but Bournemouth go down, he will easily find another premier league club.

Having said that I'm sure he will have better clubs interested.

ClaitonClaret
19-05-2015, 01:41 PM
There is only one thing in all this that we know to be a fact. Kieran Trippier does not at this stage of his career want to go and sit on the bench. The lad wants to play. After that, I'm sure now is a good time for him to personally re-assess his ambitions.

Notrigsbyscat
19-05-2015, 02:38 PM
if he went to Bournemouth he would play, so that's not a consideration here.

He seems really settled here, and I feel (have no proof for it) that he'll give it one more year go at getting us back up. If that fails, it would be this time next season when we would have to capitalize.

On a side note, I bleed claret blood, but I'm really quite fascinated in watching the "Eddie Howe Experiment" in the PL next year. And not just on the field, but off it, in the boardroom

beddie
19-05-2015, 02:40 PM
"Trippier to Bournemouth" What for his Holidays? :D

titsoutforthelads2
19-05-2015, 03:22 PM
For what it is worth my opinion is that Tripps will be here to at least January and if we still have a chance of going up by then will stay.
More important than any player is to retain SD,which I think we will,

CWFrog
19-05-2015, 03:26 PM
According to last night's paper, Southampton checking him out just in case. Fullbacks are worth their weight in gold.

Burnlea
19-05-2015, 03:55 PM
I'd be surprised to see that happening, with the greatest respect to Bournemouth why would he go to a club in another possible relegation battle. Now if Southampton came calling then that might be worth uprooting yourself for. I hope he stays with us, and think he probably will do, at least until January.

fatboy47
19-05-2015, 04:00 PM
Trippier to Bournemouth this summer would be a sight more apt than Sordell to Burnley last summer.

aggi
19-05-2015, 04:13 PM
Fullbacks are worth their weight in gold.

If he's got a 3.5m release clause then he's probably worth double his weight in gold!

nil_desperandum
19-05-2015, 04:30 PM
Whatever the 3.5 million release clause actually says, it surely doesn't mean we would only get 3.5 million. It surely means that 3.5 would be the minimum we would get?.
Half the Premier League would be interested at that price, so presumably it would then become an auction, with his agent and the club holding out for the best deal.
In fact, if clubs are led to believe that he could go for as little as 3.5, then you might get more clubs actually taking an interest and joining in the "auction", and his agent talking up his value.

Cherry Picker
19-05-2015, 04:40 PM
Not sure you fully understand it nil_d.

If it is a release cause to sell rather than just to allow talks the auction would be who can offer him and his agent the best wages and signing on fee etc

No matter how many clubs interested offering us anything over the release cause wouldnt change their position in signing him and we would have no say in the matter providing release clause met

ecc
19-05-2015, 04:41 PM
Was going to start a thread about this but might as well put it on here.

"Bournemouth chairman Jeff Mostyn has defended the increase in season ticket prices for the club's first season in England's top flight.

The club currently have 7,000 season ticket holders, with that number being capped for the 2015-16 campaign.

The average adult season ticket has risen from just under 600 to 687 and Mostyn believes the club have been "respectful" to their supporters.

Promotion to the Premier League is expected to earn the club around 120m."

My maths is rubbish but 7k STs x average 687 per ST comes to just under 5m, doesn't it? That leaves about 5,000 seats. I don't know their pricing but let's say total income from PL games will be around 10m (there must be VAT built into the prices but we'll leave that aside). We'll also forget the cost of staging matches etc etc.

Where does the other 110m come from?

Chuckypad
19-05-2015, 05:00 PM
'Where does the other 110m come from?'

http://i57.tinypic.com/2i0rguo.jpg

nil_desperandum
19-05-2015, 05:15 PM
"Not sure you fully understand it nil_d."

Not sure that I do! - and as I said we don't know the wording, but surely if Bournemouth offer 3.5, another club, say Southampton 4 million and e.g. Everton offer 5 million, he would surely be entitled to go to Everton and they would have to pay the 5 million?
Market forces isn't it?
As I say I don't know.

daveisaclaret
19-05-2015, 05:17 PM
Why would anyone bid 5 million if he is available for 3.5?

nil_desperandum
19-05-2015, 05:26 PM
"Why would anyone bid 5 million if he is available for 3.5?"
Because they want him more than the teams who are prepared to offer the 3.5, 4 or 4.5.
That's how business normally works.

daveisaclaret
19-05-2015, 05:29 PM
But he has a clause that says he is available for 3.5 million. We cannot turn down bids of 3.5 million. They'd gain nothing by chucking extra money on top.

nil_desperandum
19-05-2015, 05:36 PM
Maybe you're right, but if say 10 clubs all want him, do they all bid 3.5 million then? and what about the player and agent, do they not usually take a percentage cut of the transfer fee?
It really all depends - as someone said earlier just how the clause has been worded.

ecc
19-05-2015, 06:06 PM
Chuckypad: I presume you were attempting to be "funny".

Meanwhile, could you perhaps give me a breakdown of the 110m?

ClaretSi
19-05-2015, 06:12 PM
ecc...the same place we got our 120m from? Crowd revenue is a very small percentage of total revenue when in the Prem.

ecc
19-05-2015, 06:19 PM
Has anyone seen it written that we got 120m.

I'm well aware that gate money is a small part of PL clubs' income.

Last season Cardiff got 62m:

"Cardiff received a 62[!]8201;million windfall for finishing bottom more than Manchester United got for winning the title the previous year while Hull and Palace ended up with 67[!]8201;million and 73.2[!]8201;million, respectively."

So, has it doubled in 12 months? - view external link (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/competitions/premier-league/11361610/Premier-League-side-Hull-City-and-relegated-Cardiff)

BennyD
19-05-2015, 06:32 PM
I believe the 4 years of parachute payments will take it up to the oft-quoted 120m.

ecc
19-05-2015, 06:45 PM
Thank you, Benny. Yes, I suppose that's what it is.

But it's not quite as simple as my friend Einstein seems to think. Players want more money when they sign new contracts if they're in the PL. And I think we know about fees for players. Still it's sunny in Bournemouth so maybe they'll play for free.

Cherry Picker
19-05-2015, 07:06 PM
nil_d as an example just say the agent/player took 20% a club could either

Offer 5M meaning 1M to agent/player or

Offer 3.5m plus 1m signing fee to agent/player totaling 1.7m to agent/player

second option club pays 0.5m less and agent/player gets 0.7m more

whatever way the club will invest anything they are willing to pay over 3.5m directly at Trippier and his agent

Wembley09
24-05-2015, 06:00 PM
If Trippier does go, Nathan Byrne at Swindon could be one to go for.

Not on the same level as Trippier, but a similar player. Looks really lively, he's young and good going forward, with plenty to learn.

ClaretsJay
24-05-2015, 06:20 PM
If there is a release clause of say 3.5m, we could do what Liverpool did with Suarez a few years ago when Arsenal came calling with their bid of 40m and a penny which triggered his release clause and simply say no.

Trips is worth 7m, if we accept 3.5m we are just mugs.

Lets hope the club tell other clubs that come calling for our players the same thing the supporters got told beginning of this season 'the market is inflated'

dallasclaret
24-05-2015, 06:23 PM
Trips will stay :heart:

ecc
24-05-2015, 07:50 PM
"If there is a release clause of say 3.5m, we could do what Liverpool did with Suarez a few years ago when Arsenal came calling with their bid of 40m and a penny which triggered his release clause and simply say no."

Not much of a release clause was it then. Not being funny but they can be worded in various ways. It could say "the player is free to join another club if the interested club offers Xm."

But it could also say that "the player cannot leave during the duration of his contract unless a minimum of Xm is offered".

Toby1
24-05-2015, 08:50 PM
Forget it, not a chance.

BelialofBacup
24-05-2015, 10:40 PM
I thought that today Wembley. Only based on one game tho...