PDA

View Full Version : Wallace released by Clarets

ClaretTony
19-05-2015, 11:08 AM
Article now on site - see link - view external link (www.clarets-mad.co.uk/news/tmnw/wallace_released_by_clarets_862189/index.shtml)

murger
19-05-2015, 11:47 AM
No great loss.

hampsteadclaret
19-05-2015, 11:58 AM
That is a bit mean-spirited isn't it..?
I hope Mr Wallace himself doesn't read it, after working for the last 5 years for Burnley FC.
He has made a contribution, and done his best.
I hope he is successful in whatever he tries next.

ClaretTony2014
19-05-2015, 11:59 AM
"That is a bit mean-spirited isn't it..?"

Sadly it is how it is with some

jjclaret
19-05-2015, 12:03 PM
Big thank you from me, had quite a lot to offer and made an impact as sub on more than the odd occasion.

mgill87
19-05-2015, 12:07 PM
I believe he was a popular guy in the dressing room. I'll always be grateful for his persistence that lead to the winning goal at Ewood. However, I think it's the right time for him to move on as he's not had much of a look in of late.

Pieandapint
19-05-2015, 12:10 PM
Seemed a decent bloke when I met him, I could very much see him being a good one to have around the dressing room. Not the best player and probably didn't Ever quite live up to expectations, but he's contributed and given good service to the club.

Best wishes wherever you go, Ross.

elwaclaret
19-05-2015, 12:14 PM
Think he is another who will be remembered with more fondness than was ever shown while he was here. It seems to be the way with wingers.

Had he been able to add consistency to his ability he would have been a major star in our team. I wish the lad well and hope his release is a signal that SD KNOWS he will have wide attacking replacements coming in over the summer.

leedsdave
19-05-2015, 12:25 PM
I agree that murger's comment is uncalled for.

Ross has been an excellent servant of the club. For one, he agreed to a 2 year contract extension on reduced terms in 2013. Secondly he had a great understanding with Tripps when he played on the right wing. The two of them really complemented each other.

Good luck to Ross wherever he goes next. He leaves with my thanks for his contribution to our club over the last five years.

Quicknick
19-05-2015, 12:33 PM
I would have thought he would have been useful coming off the bench in the Championship. Maybe Ross will come to added to the long list of players who are regarded as leaving the club too early. Eyres, Caldwell etc. etc.

I can understand him wanting first team football, though.

EDIT: Murger's comment was rude.

ChorltonCharlie
19-05-2015, 12:34 PM
Not everyone’s cup of tea, and to some degree that’s understandable, but he is a very creative player at Championship level. Hopefully the fact he’s leaving suggests that we have others lined up. As a backup player he will be tough to replace.

notnowbernard
19-05-2015, 12:59 PM
Several really great moments that live in the memory, some mentioned in the article i.e. Bournemouth (when we were poor), Rovers, Leicester and not forgetting pushing Bikey out of the way against Blackpool and firing in one of the best free kicks I have seen from a Claret.

Thank you Ross and good luck in what comes next

M4CCA
19-05-2015, 01:12 PM
Right move for all concerned and as previously said some great memories to boot.
"That" day at Ewood still makes the hairs rise on my neck when I watch it back.

Anyone with a negative remark about Ross watch this first...

All the best. - view external link (youtu.be/exRanDL4VlE)

mkmel
19-05-2015, 01:31 PM
I was at the game at Leicester so will never forget his late equalising free kick that sent us all into raptures

I wish him good luck wherever he goes...as long as it's not Rovers :)

beddie
19-05-2015, 01:38 PM
Thanks to Ross for his contribution over the seasons. I hope he finds a good club and gets regular football. Thanks M4CCA for the link, I still get nervous watching it waiting for the final whistle. :D

butterflyvenom
19-05-2015, 01:57 PM
Get a grip for god's sake.

How hypocritical to have a pop at a post which just expressed a fans opinion. If he thinks "no great loss" then he's surely entitled to that view. Is it any different to what most post through a season when a player gets dog's abuse for simply having a bad game?
Think back at what you have posted about Ings and Sordell and others this season alone. If we are talking about disrespect , look no further than some of the comments on the players ratings posts.
These lads are pro's, they are paid a king's ransom in comparison to what we make, they are big lads and should be able to shoulder an honest point of view.
Even the players themselves will slag off other footballers when the mood takes them. Is this a forum for football opinion or not ???

Claret_Till_I_Die
19-05-2015, 02:15 PM
As mentioned higher up, he played a massive part at Fleawood and for that I will always be eternally grateful. Good luck Ross wherever you end up. I'm sure that you've still plenty to offer.

Darthlaw
19-05-2015, 02:27 PM
I think the fact he's played very little this season would suggest that indeed he is 'no great loss' to the current squad.

That said he has been a reasonable success during his time and the mere fact he took a pay cut to stay and fight for his place means he's one of those players I'll look back on positively.

Notrigsbyscat
19-05-2015, 02:32 PM
well stated Darth. I had hoped for more consistency from him, but will always remember him for Ewood and Leicester.

Hope he gets what he's looking for and that it doesn't involve him scoring a 25 yard top corner screamer against us

mkmel
19-05-2015, 03:06 PM
Here's Ross Wallace's free kick goal at Leicester

See link - view external link (www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXnqWCPdaw8)

OneNilWade
19-05-2015, 03:25 PM
Some harsh comments Ross appeared to have a great attitude and patience and ill always remember the massive part he played in the classic at ewood ..good luck Ross and thanks :D

Rowls
19-05-2015, 06:05 PM
Thanks very much Ross. I don't think we saw you play consistently at your best at Burnley but injuries and other factors got in the way a bit.

Having said that, it has been a pleasure to watch you play over the past 5 years.

The highlights for me are the last minute goal away at Leicester and the free kick you hit against Birmingham away.

Oh, and your match-turning substitute appearance away at ThemLotDownTheRoad. That was a delight.

Thanks for the memories and best wishes for the future.

jimmymaccer
19-05-2015, 08:03 PM
Nice guy - some cracking goals - good luck to him is what I say.

IanMcL
21-05-2015, 12:28 PM
A great shift for the Clarets and we can't ask for more. A regular for a long time, until injury. Great left foot and some important moments for us. Also came across as a genuine man, family orientated and grounded. A credit to himself and us.

My best wishes Ross and to your family, wherever the next move takes you.

Perhaps PNE!

DavetheVicar
21-05-2015, 01:13 PM
Wish Ross all the very best at his next club.

Quicknick
21-05-2015, 01:50 PM
I wouldn't be surprised to see him back at PNE if they win the playoff final. If they win the playoff final. If they win the playoff final ... :D

BennyD
21-05-2015, 04:19 PM
How hypocritical to have a pop at a post which just expressed a fans opinion.

And then you have a pop at fans for expressing their opinions about a fan expressing their opinion, and that sounds even more hypocritical to me. Just expressing my opinion, that's all.

RN_Claret
21-05-2015, 06:43 PM
I hope this doesn't come back to haunt us. He will do a good job for someone and I would have much preferred him in our squad.