PDA

View Full Version : Unfairness of the playoffs

ScotlandFirst
01-06-2015, 12:51 PM
I think it's unfair the way that the first division sides have a mini-knockout tournament for the right to play the second bottom SPL team. Surely the failed SPL side should'nae just get a pass to the final like this? If anything it's the team finishing second in the first division who should get priority since they're the ones who've achieved something.

Not saying the play offs should be replayed or anything but what dae folk think? :/

steviex
01-06-2015, 01:22 PM
I think it's unfair the way that the first division sides have a mini-knockout tournament for the right to play the second bottom SPL team. Surely the failed SPL side should'nae just get a pass to the final like this? If anything it's the team finishing second in the first division who should get priority since they're the ones who've achieved something.

Not saying the play offs should be replayed or anything but what dae folk think? :/

The play offs are about ensuring greater competition in the lower leagues giving more teams a chance to get promotion, its not about increasing the chances of relegation in all the divisions.For that aim they are serving their purpose. Hamilton Accies handled the pressure. So far its one a piece for the Championship and SPFL.

I do think their is an argument that the bottom spfl club goes down and the 2/ 3 above also play a mini league to decide who goes into a play off with the winner of the

CoveKreep
01-06-2015, 01:34 PM
It was previously limited to just one up/ one down due to the ludicrous Self Preservation League.

Never understood why they did that, as all it meant was that those that were relegated found it all the harder to get back up - and in both the top two divisions there were loads of dead rubbers near the end of the season.

At least they made some kind of concession - you could argue that finishing 2nd in the second tier is still worth getting to avoid the extra game, but maybe that backfired on Hibs.

CelticSupporter
01-06-2015, 11:41 PM
I think I like the playoff process to be honest.

I doubt they'd televise the matches if the Rangers weren't in it but if they did I'd watch. Good drama, and this time anyway, good fun.