PDA

View Full Version : Timeless Flight Moody Blues Cardiff last night

malwayne
08-06-2015, 08:04 PM
One of the great British bands rolled up to the Welsh capital last night in the shape of the Moody Blues. The Timeless Flight Polydor Years tour was on its British leg of a worldwide tour and the band treated their loyal mature fans to a performance that was a great illustration of professionalism and musicianship of the highest standard.
Their set covered a whole host of favourites plus one or two tracks that may not get as much air play but very good nonetheless.
Drummer Graeme Edge reminded everyone that a little over 6 weeks previous, the band celebrated 50 years together which is no mean achievement in itself and they looked to be enjoying themselves immensly as the evening progressed.
For me the stand out song was Knight In White Satin with Justin Hayward losing none of his ability to deliver the song as good as ever.
I have been to over 100 concerts/gigs since my teen years at various venues throughout the UK but saw nothing like the crowd reaction last night as the end of eac

royboyclaret
08-06-2015, 08:30 PM
Malwayne...No surprise the Moody's provided a top night, totally professional in everything they do.

Classic at link. - view external link (www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmOZFAYeurY)

DiBranchio
08-06-2015, 08:38 PM
One of my favourite bands from the early 70's, when I'd 'progressed' from mainstream pop music of my high school days.

Isn't Life Strange? - view external link (www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WZZjXgJ4W8)

randomclaret2
08-06-2015, 08:39 PM
Tune in, Turn on , Drop out... - view external link (https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=A-r209RPsvQ)

royboyclaret
08-06-2015, 08:42 PM
Dib and random...only one https required for the link.

sonobuoy
08-06-2015, 10:23 PM
Blimey- that brings back a memory. I saw The Moodys at the old Capitol in Cardiff in c 1972 whilst at uni. Very good they were too. I've not seen them since. I still give "In Search of the Lost Chord" a spin occasionally. As alluded to above by randomclaret, that album has a strong "trippy" element.

Jimscho
09-06-2015, 09:07 AM
Saw Them in December 1964 at Rawtenstall Astoria.Recently borrowed more recent DVD off Lotty Would love to see them live again.
When I saw them in 64 it was of course Denny Lane and not Justin Hayward.

ClaretTony2014
09-06-2015, 09:44 AM
There's only Graeme Edge remaining from the Moody Blues you would have seen at Rawtenstall.