PDA

View Full Version : Good to be Back amongst Friends !

Haans Spank
17-06-2015, 11:57 AM
Well,on the 26th Feb 2011 You lot beat us 2-1 at Deepdale to hammmer a nail deeper in our Relegation Coffin,remaining fixtures left a lot feeling the damage you did in that game,more or less sealed Relegation.I remember the mass hoards of Dingles mockingly singing "We'll Never play you again ".Obviously we knew we would, but it took a little longer than one would like.However we are now back,and although your one of the smaller fishes in the division,i for one cannot wait to be reacquainted once again ;D

Bin_Ont_Turf
17-06-2015, 12:18 PM
We really don't deserve to be in the same division with such a superior club.

The programmes are far too expensive to rip up these days. ;)

fulwooddingles
17-06-2015, 12:19 PM
it must be extra special for you Preston fans to take Blackpool's place-at the bottom of the division!

the press hasnt been that good for you guys recently has it?

North End Stole- the scandal of the robbed Beckford shirt!

Wembley miracle- the terminal cancer suffer who amazingly recovered

and then there's the pitch invasion- how many points deduction are you expecting?

never mind you can expect a St George's day massacre!

Quickenthetempo
17-06-2015, 12:23 PM
There's always goals in this fixture. The best derby from an entertainment point of view.

mgill87
17-06-2015, 12:28 PM
Well there's certainly more pressure on us now since we're the bigger club. No longer (not by a long stretch) can you call your club 'superior'.

Try not to make a habit of frequenting this board. It has been nice not having any PNE fans on here over the last few years - bit of a coincidence that you would post now. No doubt you'll be quiet once again when we reach the Premier League for a 3rd time.

Notrigsbyscat
17-06-2015, 12:38 PM
off you trot to your cage, where the only spanking you do is solo, Haans

MrTopTier
17-06-2015, 12:45 PM
The joys of returning to the Championship, the parochial WUM's from **** teams around the country descend on here.
Welcome Hanns Spank, you join an illustrious list, keep up the good work.

year_of_the_fox
17-06-2015, 01:14 PM
Personally, I looked for this fixture before the rovers game!

I enjoy playing Preston as it comes without the spoils of Lancashire police as such.

Always a decent game between us, welcome back.

TuftyBeamish
17-06-2015, 01:25 PM
Happy memories. The highlight of a drab season. - view external link (www.youtube.com/watch?v=5g0A1cdEDLY)

evensteadiereddie
17-06-2015, 01:28 PM
The stone has been well and truly lifted...

wherewasi
17-06-2015, 02:04 PM
And there, Haans, is the sort of response you can expect when you come on here in good-natured and slightly self-deprecating good humour. We are mostly, as you say, Dingles.

I like your club, like when we play you and will be quite happy if we go up as Champions and you are 2nd. Good luck for the season (just not as good as us).

Bin_Ont_Turf
17-06-2015, 02:14 PM
XD

Vic, Bob and handbags spring to mind WherewasI.

OOOOOOOOOOOHHHHH!

braindead
17-06-2015, 02:20 PM
Never gets old

http://i58.tinypic.com/iz460p.jpg

Haans Spank
17-06-2015, 02:35 PM
Thank's for the Welcome back boys and girls.
Obviously some ont here are not quite as welcoming,i have absolutely no idea where this we are Superior malarky has come from,personally never gone down that route of smugness !

The PNE-Burnley fixture has always,for me living in a Dingle Hotbed,been bigger than the Blackpool and Blackburn fixtures,Been some classic games over the Years.My personal favourite was when we spanked you 4-1 on Turf Moor 86-87 season i think,it was our promotion season whilst you ended near the bottom in your second of seven consecutive seasons in Div 4 ! Wow,who'd have thought you'd have two seasons in the top flight all them years ago ! Hopefully,although it's not a certainty,we don't end up there again !

PS. Surely 4000 Dingles singing "we'll Never play you again" Suggests You are the ones who see yourself as Superior >;)

claretblue
17-06-2015, 05:34 PM
however my personal favourite was 1973 - when we couldn't see the pitch for celebrating Claret fans! :D

welcome back Haans

fulwooddingles
17-06-2015, 07:21 PM
At the play offs PNE had a we are superior George Cross

Haans Spank
17-06-2015, 07:42 PM
Well lets face it,we were Superior to Swindon !