'we won't sign a replacement'

'but his family are Burnley fans'

Get them in early.

ClaretTony2014
17-06-2015, 03:44 PM
We want Messi but we're not going to get him

ClaretMoffitt
17-06-2015, 03:47 PM
Now this one really would be a disaster to lose.

The other 3 I could cope with, but if we lost Heaton..

karatekid
17-06-2015, 03:49 PM
B.o.t you forgot one :

'no ambition'

Martin_Bell
17-06-2015, 03:52 PM
Aston Villa are ready to rival Southampton for England new boy Tom Heaton.

The Premier League duo are both on the lookout for a new goalkeeper and have Burnley stopper Heaton, 29, on their radars.

Villa boss Tim Sherwood is unconvinced by Brad Guzan and his only other experienced keeper is 39 year-old Shay Given.

Southampton need reinforcements with Fraser Forster likely to miss most of next season with a knee injury.

Despite Burnley's relegation back to the Championship, Heaton managed to enhance his reputation last season.

And he was rewarded with a first call up to the England squad for this month's double header against the Republic of Ireland and Slovenia.

Heaton's form has also attracted admirers and he could be offered the chance to stay in the top flight.

ColdPieWarmBeer
17-06-2015, 03:52 PM
Losing three-fifths of by far the best Burnley defence in my generation's lifetime in the space of one transfer window would probably constitute the biggest kick in the *******s anyone could have anticipated. I hate being a Burnley fan.

ksrclaret
17-06-2015, 03:55 PM
Tom has already said he wants to remain at Burnley, hope that's the case.

Sidney1st
17-06-2015, 04:13 PM
I remember Trippier saying something recently about keeping the squad together...

thewellernut70
17-06-2015, 04:18 PM
We won't lose Tom

He was the only one out of Trippier,Shackell,Ings and Heaton to appear in the promotional brochure issued this morning ;)

butterflyvenom
17-06-2015, 04:22 PM
No idea who'll eventually arrive here to become 1st team players, guess work as well about who else we might lose.There is a significant danger of becoming unrecognisable as the team we were though if that makes sense. Once too many changes occur ,it's like starting afresh building a new team with key players missing. Might work/might not.

BereavementDividend
17-06-2015, 04:22 PM
Take what players say with a pinch of salt.

I'm happy doing what I'm doing now, but if something better came along, I'd go and do that instead.

And such is life. If he goes he goes. Hopefully for a double figure fee.

Just seen that Fulham have sold an 18 year old lad to Man City for 8 million. Wonder what we'll get for Heaton? 1.8??

jojomk1
17-06-2015, 04:57 PM
Post 6 makes a lot of sense re Villa and Southampton

God forbid we don't have another small release clause figure as part of the new contract that he signed last year

moltisanti
17-06-2015, 05:05 PM
Don't worry people claret Tony , BOT and their mates all know better , I mean just look at the last two transfer windows , what's the problem ?

evensteadiereddie
17-06-2015, 05:14 PM
Damn you, molti, I was just about to add the "transfer window" whinge to the list the OP posted but you beat me to it...

butterflyvenom
17-06-2015, 05:30 PM
Its only the fans that remain loyal, players and managers seem to go at the drop of a hat.Odd that for a game immersed in tribal loyalties, there is so little shown by the ones we pay to watch.
Clubs encourage a strong fanbase , they urge passion and say we are like a 12th man. When it all boils down though, the claret and blue is but a fleeting moment in most careers. Here one minute, gone the next.
Couple of seasons in and then its pastures new time. New colours, new chants, burnley just a distant memory. I know many of our players have come from other clubs so it is swings and roundabouts, just strikes me as odd occasionally.

ClaretTony2014
17-06-2015, 05:32 PM
"Don't worry people claret Tony , BOT and their mates all know better"

Pathetic.

merlin1
17-06-2015, 05:35 PM
What surprises me is that people are actually surprised by this. If somebody offered me money to move my job I would be off!! For a footballer, where would you want to be? Premier or championship? Playing at top grounds or travelling to Ewood? No brainer and can't blame them.

butterflyvenom
17-06-2015, 05:46 PM
I'm not blaming Merlin, just an observation that's all.

RogerBest
17-06-2015, 05:47 PM
5 million + Guzan?

Ian_Branfoot
17-06-2015, 05:55 PM
http://tinyurl.com/ph94thp

http://tinyurl.com/o5ma5tv

The current England goalkeeper coach David Watson, is also the current Southampton goalkeeper coach.

If Heaton wants to get more England call-ups, working every day with a current England coach could be a factor (as it was for Fraser Forster).

Along with Europa League football, Premier League football, a wage rise and Fraser Forster being injured long term giving Heaton the opportunity for gametime.

Eddie_M
17-06-2015, 06:03 PM

"Pathetic."

Pathetic.

Bin_Ont_Turf
17-06-2015, 06:03 PM
'I mean just look at the last two transfer windows , what's the problem ?'

Yes just two transfer windows, not ten or a decade of them. We've now done something to address that.

It's June the 17th, so cheer up.

moltisanti
17-06-2015, 06:15 PM
Yes just two transfer windows, not ten or a decade of them. We've now done something to address that.

Same people making the decisions , not addressed at all !

Sidney1st
17-06-2015, 06:18 PM
Same people making the decisions ?

I'm guessing you haven't been paying attention to the change in personnel at the club?

lotty1
17-06-2015, 06:22 PM
Perhaps you could come up with a plan to replace the "same decision makers " Moltisanti .

Hoos and Darnborough have left and they were party to the mistakes made in the past . We've tried to address what was obviously a problem , what more can we do ?

ClaretTony2014
17-06-2015, 06:23 PM
"Yes just two transfer windows, not ten or a decade of them. We've now done something to address that.

Same people making the decisions , not addressed at all !"

So you haven't a clue what's been going on but yet you continue to beat the anti-Burnley FC drum. How little you know.

pstotto
17-06-2015, 06:25 PM
How about they buy Ray Diater instead.

Bin_Ont_Turf
17-06-2015, 06:32 PM

"Pathetic."

Pathetic.'

http://i60.tinypic.com/v6okr9.jpg

BobLordsFridge
17-06-2015, 06:33 PM
No idea whether there's anything in the story, but Heaton will be attracting interest and probably, eventually, bids.

He's just been in an England squad, he's a good age and has two very good seasons behind him. His profile has never been higher in his career.

Whilst I've no doubt that he is settled and enjoys playing for the club, he's had a taste of the big time and is about to be playing second tier football. There's no guarantee we'll be returning to the Premier League anytime soon, particular with Ings and Trippier as good as gone and speculation about Shackell wanting out.

You couldn't blame him if his thoughts began turning towards leaving us.

dallasclaret
17-06-2015, 06:33 PM
I'm not quite sure how anyone can say that the complaints about our failings in recent transfer windows can be categorized as a "whinge".

The fact that the club have apparently (time will tell) rectified some of those issue would very much indicate that they also weren't happy.

cubanclaret
17-06-2015, 06:58 PM
Goalkeepers tend to be a breed of their own.
Tom has spent a large part of his career playing second fiddle to a more established 'keeper.
While its great that he's made it to the fringes of the England squad, I sense he's a realist and he will feel that its playing for Burnley - and somewhere he is happy - that has contributed to his call-up.
Personally I think he'll stay and become a legend at Burnley.

Eddie_M
17-06-2015, 09:36 PM
For BOT

http://i58.tinypic.com/ildk0n.jpg

ablueclaret
17-06-2015, 09:44 PM
With all these players other teams want how was it we got relegated?
Was it the managers fault ?

Quicknick
17-06-2015, 09:47 PM
You just love trying to wind people up, ABC, don't you?

Pieandapint
17-06-2015, 09:51 PM
Reducing the squad size, just for you ABC!

ablueclaret
17-06-2015, 09:57 PM
Sadly we'll have an even bigger squad of less quality. We do need to unload but of course the wrong players are going.

BennyD
17-06-2015, 09:59 PM
Don't worry people claret Tony , BOT and their mates all know better , I mean just look at the last two transfer windows , what's the problem ?

1Yes just two transfer windows, not ten or a decade of them. We've now done something to address that.
Same people making the decisions , not addressed at all !

Drip...drip...drip...drip...drip.

Wembley09
17-06-2015, 10:03 PM
Maybe Cuban, but players nowadays are more than happy to play second fiddle for more 's

Money speaks, as does the chance of Premier League football (or at least fighting for it) Also, for any player looking to get into the England squad.. don't they fair better playing in the Premier League?

Hope Tom stays, but if Premier League clubs come knocking.. I think he would be on his way.

Bin_Ont_Turf
17-06-2015, 10:05 PM
I'd like to see you explain that one Eddie_M(ade_up).

ablueclaret
17-06-2015, 10:10 PM
CT is a Dychi and nothing will alter his opinion of him, just like SCto the bitter end. OC and EH however well you could say almost anything you wanted to about them.
SD is a good manager but as yet a limited one tactically and certainly not proved himself as able to identify or recruit good young players
The complete antithesis of EH who found senior players hard to handle but had a much more flexible approach.
I'd guess EH will learn quicker than SD and be prepared to experiment more. He may lack SD's dogged detetrmination.

CnBtruntru
17-06-2015, 10:12 PM
We want Messi but we're not going to get him

Don't want him, he's crap between the sticks XD XD XD

northernpowerhouse
17-06-2015, 10:12 PM
He won't be going anywhere. No-one pays big money for a 29 year-old Championship goalkeeper.

Eddie_M
17-06-2015, 10:25 PM
"Eddie_M(ade_up)"

Ha really BOT?. Well...

http://i58.tinypic.com/33tlf9k.jpg

Bin_Ont_Turf
17-06-2015, 11:17 PM
I'd be a great Mod on here Eddie.

You'd get a full and proper explanation (on the board) as to why I banned you. :D

mdd2
18-06-2015, 06:36 AM
Do we not have a natural replacement if TH leaves in Matt Gilks? And he is already an International (Scottish mind)

LincolnClaret
18-06-2015, 07:05 AM
As much as I don't want us to lose Tom Heaton, it's clear that Southampton would be very tempting for him.

Getting to work with the England goalkeeping coach on a daily basis, knowing Forster is out for a considerable amount of time, also knowing that they've got a lot of games next year with their European commitments. It's a great opportunity for the lad and one I wouldn't begrudge him.

I think what we're finding with Ings, Trippier, Shackell and Heaton is you reap what you sow. We've had success recently and interest will always come off the back of that. We're victims of our own success basically.

braindead
18-06-2015, 08:50 AM
I have it on good authority that Heaton does not want to move to Villa but is 100% interested in the Southampton offer and wants to remain Premier League.:(

IanMcL
18-06-2015, 04:10 PM
Matt Gilks is very sound.

Firthy
18-06-2015, 09:19 PM
Latest rumour is that Everton are buying him for 2m. That really is lazy reporting, do they really think we'll sell him for 2m with 2 years left on his contract. That is if we sell him at all.

MDP1
18-06-2015, 09:26 PM
'We're victims of our own success basically'

We're victims of not giving ourselves a real chance at staying in the Premier League, more like'

MJT
18-06-2015, 09:28 PM
If Heaton has ambition for the England squad, he can't stay in the championship.

Quicknick
18-06-2015, 09:34 PM
He'll only be out of the EPL for a year.

jordan12rhodes
18-06-2015, 09:41 PM
More Burnley arrogance quicknick?

BereavementDividend
18-06-2015, 09:42 PM
Suspect Heaton will be off, it will be to the benefit of any England career he wants. On top of that he can be in the EPL earning 4-5 times more than what Burnley can pay him.

And that is life.

ablueclaret
18-06-2015, 09:43 PM
You think we'll sell him next year then quicky

lchk
19-06-2015, 02:52 AM
At 29, this will be the best chance for Tom Heaton to move to a bigger club with vastly improved wages and it also helps his England ambitions tremendously. He knows he might not get another chance like this given the fact that there is no guarantee that Burnley will be promoted next season.

I can see this transfer happening not too long from now.