PDA

View Full Version : Farewell Kieran Trippier it's been a fantastic four years

ClaretTony
19-06-2015, 04:49 PM
Article now on site - see link - view external link (www.clarets-mad.co.uk/feat/edb4/farewell_kieran_trippier_its_been_a_fantastic_four _years_864166/index.shtml)

JohnAngusFan
19-06-2015, 06:09 PM
Amen to that.

dallasclaret
19-06-2015, 06:19 PM
brilliant article :D

IanMcL
19-06-2015, 06:25 PM
'As Dyche said this week, he was showing us great respect by signing that deal. Had he not done so he would have been signing for Spurs on a free transfer'

That says it all as far as the lad's commitment to Burnley and decency in wanting to see fair play for the club, should he have to leave.

Big thanks from me and hats off to a true Claret.

fungus_the_bogeyman
19-06-2015, 06:51 PM
Thanks for the memories Tripps!

Bobcloth2
19-06-2015, 06:56 PM
Fantastic signing. Well done to Eddie Howe for firstly getting him in and loan and then making it permanent.

Wembley09
19-06-2015, 07:00 PM
You can never say Trippier's heart was never in it at Burnley.
A talented player, who always gave it his all..
Met him a couple of times, and he came across has a genuine nice guy.

Can't fault the way he went about leaving Burnley, shows what I said above and what a professional he is.

I know he would be welcomed back by all Burnley fans anyday.

ecc
19-06-2015, 07:29 PM
God knows how many of our best players I've seen transferred over the years. Losing Kieran is hard though. More than Danny Ings. Possibly because it was inevitable with Ings and, in the end, the whole thing had pi$$ed me off.

Kieran was different. He was a local lad (compared to Winchester in any case).

At least he re-signed unlike Ings and I'll always find it hard to accept that the latter wouldn't sign a piece of paper that would have guaranteed a proper return on our investment.

I fear Kieran's chosen the wrong club. It's a "false" big club with a ridiculously high profile for a rich club that hasn't been Champions of England for over 50 years.

If the club hasn't loaded the deal with add-ons then we might as well jack it in. He'll get an England cap before Christmas so I expect that to bring us more money. Surely we haven't fct up again.

jimmymaccer
19-06-2015, 07:36 PM
2 Clarets on hols in Spain and yep, a massive good luck Tripps.

Met a few times including 2 player of year dinners and this last one still a top bloke prepared to talk and have photo,s etc.

Massive applause if we play (when) him again.

DavetheVicar
19-06-2015, 08:00 PM
Wish him all the best.The best no2 I have seen play for Burnley since John Angus and it is difficult to compare the two.

padiham-predator
19-06-2015, 08:04 PM
hate to say it but he's going to struggle to get gametime.

he's replacing kyle naughton really who went to swansea in january, but kyle walker will ultimately be first choice once fully fit.

can see him being similarly frustrated to ben davies (who i think they signed for 10million last summer) and then hardly got a game behind danny rose

even without walker they've got Dier, Chiriches, Yedlin all played right back last season

cricketfield72
19-06-2015, 09:25 PM
Nice article.

I'll always remember him as a 100 percenter who played with smile on his face. Also a terrific player.

Good luck Kieran.

bodge
19-06-2015, 09:37 PM
If Walker performs like he did against United at OT he will get game time Andy, one of the worst pro performances i've seen, he couldn't even do the basics, something's wasn't quite right that afternoon.

Dier and Chiriches are centre halves really who can fill in that's all.

cricketfieldclarets
19-06-2015, 09:37 PM
If anyone genuinely believes we got more than the release clause AND it will remain undisclosed so we don't have to give city as much they must be completely mental.

1) we will be legally obliged to tell them what we received as we are contracted to give them a specific cut
2) it will be in the public domain what we received, surely Spurs shareholders will be furnished with that info at the very least
3) for the sake of a few quid we would be foolish to try and pull a fast one with a local club who helped us out with Trippier, Mee and to a lesser extent guidetti in the first place

We got 3.5m less 40% and the point someone made stands. Had we received 7m it would have been too little!

padiham-predator
19-06-2015, 09:55 PM
"If Walker performs like he did against United at OT he will get game time Andy, one of the worst pro performances i've seen, he couldn't even do the basics, something's wasn't quite right that afternoon.

Dier and Chiriches are centre halves really who can fill in that's all"

didn't see the united game but walker missed a lot of football with his pelvic injury. if he gets a good pre-season behind him i'm sure he'll be first choice, that's not doubting tripps and i'd love to see him succeed, but kyle walker was england's number one and arguably the best right back in the league for 2 seasons until injury so it will be interesting to see how things go

ps - i'm not mr payton the username is just in homage to him!!

dallasclaret
19-06-2015, 10:02 PM
Kyle Walker is crap, his pace get's him out of 70% of the mistakes he makes (and he makes loads of them)

He's never been close to being the best right back in the PL. The fact he was Englands first choice just goes to prove how utterly guff England are !!

Anyway, good luck Tripps, we're gonna miss you !

moltisanti
19-06-2015, 10:06 PM
Kyle Walker obviously isn't crap , as Tripps will be second choice Right back

ClaretTony2014
20-06-2015, 09:33 AM
Tripps has given us four fantastic years and yet Mr negative moltisanti can't resist even being negative on the subject of a departing player.

How sad.

padiham-predator
20-06-2015, 10:13 AM
"Tripps has given us four fantastic years and yet Mr negative moltisanti can't resist even being negative on the subject of a departing player.

How sad."

Why is it negative about tripps for me and moltisanti to say he will be second choice behind kyle walker if fit? call it realistic as in all probablity he will be. i again refer to the example of ben davies signed for 10m then played second fiddle to danny rose all season (or vorm to lloris) - are you really that naive and blinkered to think that in all likelihood the same won't occur with trippier? i don't like it and wish he'd gone somewhere else but spurs have a habit of hoarding players as back ups

CnBtruntru
20-06-2015, 11:35 AM
A big thanks to Tripps for the last four years, you have been an outstanding talent and ambassador for the club, all the best for the future, hopefully one day England.

LoveCurryPies
20-06-2015, 11:41 AM
What really impressed me was when Trippier got the ball, he nearly always had it in the oppositions half within the minute. Other defenders seem to pass it back and forward or even back to Heaton. Tripps was having non of that. I hope we can keep his spirit of play!

Lad is a true Claret legend in my book.

mgill87
20-06-2015, 07:17 PM
Not sure if this has been posted anywhere else. Burnley have uploaded a YouTube video with some of Trippier's highlights in claret and blue.

Great player and I wish him the best of luck at Tottenham. He deserves his big move. - view external link (www.youtube.com/watch?v=__t_Pz_BaHY)

CleggHall
20-06-2015, 07:34 PM
We gave him the opportunity of a career that Man City denied him. He in turn gave us his all in 4 glorious seasons.. Thanks Kieran and the best of luck.

ClaitonClaret
20-06-2015, 11:00 PM
Yes, kind of sad to see him go, but he was only going to be passing through, so I'm glad we had the pleasure of his company for 4 seasons. He gave maximum effort and was a true claret. I believe he outgrew Burnley last season and the move would have happened even if we had remained a Premier League club. Spurs would still have come in for him and he would have gone.

Wishing you nothing but the best for the future Kieran.:)

Swanson
21-06-2015, 12:01 AM
padiham-predator - "Why is it negative about tripps for me and moltisanti to say he will be second choice behind kyle walker if fit?"

I think because any normal claret fan without a huge negative attitude to anything Burnley would be aware of this article in the Daily Mail (thread on Clarets mad about it) - where it mentions that tottenham are now looking to offload Kyle Walker now they have signed Keiron.

But not only that, using normal brainpower states that a right back that put in some of the best stats of any premier league right back and was wanted by a top 6 side is not looking to buy a squad player, they too (just like little old Burnley) actually try to buy players to improve their team too!

Wow crazy eh! They buy a top player to try to improve their squad - mental!

And constant negativity about absolutely any situation about Burnley and the players is just stupid - yes it's a messageboard you are entitled to your opinion.

My opinion is that your opinion is crap and actu

moltisanti
21-06-2015, 08:35 AM
deleted

padiham-predator
21-06-2015, 10:53 AM
"I think because any normal claret fan without a huge negative attitude to anything Burnley would be aware of this article in the Daily Mail (thread on Clarets mad about it) - where it mentions that tottenham are now looking to offload Kyle Walker now they have signed Keiron."

sorry but i don't really trust the daily mail, complete farce of a paper, and if you actually read the article it says about links to united, fees of 12million plus - so don't you think that suggests walker is the hotter property?

for god's sake i am one of the most optimistic burnley fans there is and because i begrudgingly acknowledge that spurs might be doing something similar to what they did with ben davies after paying 10million for him i am not a normal clarets fan and i have a "huge negative attitude to anything Burnley" - christ - look at my other post where i am bigging up sordell for next season where most are against him - certainly not negative, just realistic.

"But not only that, using normal br

Peter_Nobles_Wig
21-06-2015, 10:02 PM
Tripps was a favourite of mine. Always gave 100% !

Good luck Kieran. Don't let the high life of "The Big Smoke" bring you down.

All the best

Open_Goal
22-06-2015, 07:44 AM
Well Done Trippy. You earned the right for your move.
All the best.