PDA

View Full Version : Glum at Cardiff

gc14
06-07-2015, 08:34 AM
Spotted this article regarding Cardiff and the fans, doesn't seem a great deal of optimism around the place .. - view external link (www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/cardiff-cityfc/)

Leisure
06-07-2015, 09:38 AM
Link doesn't work.

oldcolner
06-07-2015, 09:57 AM
Giving my age away but from the days of the wireless is that Ron and Eth
Memories of Jimmy Edwards, Ooh Ron and Give us a kiss Eth.
Many of the jokes from The Glumswere later used in the Carry on Films.

CleggHall
06-07-2015, 10:10 AM
I thought this stream was going to be on the Ashes match.

DavetheVicar
06-07-2015, 10:38 AM
I recall those days of radio with affection . Take it from here with Jimmy Edwards and featuring the "glums" was excellent.
Days when ventriloquists starred on radio. :-D

oldcolner
06-07-2015, 04:41 PM
Infamy Infamy they've all got it in for me! Was on the Glums first.

mkmel
06-07-2015, 04:47 PM
For those of you who have no idea what the old 'uns on here are on about when talking about 'The Glums'

See link - view external link (www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxN9YyTiECY)

gc14
06-07-2015, 06:23 PM
Home
Sport
Football
Football News
Cardiff City FC

Cardiff City MUST keep up with Championship rivals if they're serious about selling more season tickets

10:59, 5 July 2015
Opinion
Scott Johnson
by ScottJohnson

Cardiff City columnist Scott Johnson takes a look at the Bluebirds' rivals and their innovative season ticket sales inducements

60 Shares
Tweet
+1
LinkedIn

Cardiff City need to get their fans queueing for season tickets again

What do Manchester United, Arsenal, Bolton, QPR and Cardiff City have in common? Debt. Oodles and oodles of debt.

These sides are some of the top clubs in the Premier League and Championship in terms of money owed and, while United and Arsenal have their present situations under control, the other three find themselves in a truly perilous position.

So, Cardiff’s struggle to shift season tickets, while a relative drop in the ocean, could not have come at a worse time. But what

oldcolner
06-07-2015, 07:08 PM
We don't get a mention I'm glum.
Seems not to relate to the team much or the manager Russell Slade? who I see is trying to sign an Ameobi

oldcolner
06-07-2015, 07:19 PM
Mkmel
Thanks for the memories
or as they might say the mammaries! :D
Didn't realise Jimmy Edwards amazing handlebar moustache was covering up severe facial damage he got as a pilot in the war.