PDA

View Full Version : Brentford v Birmingham postponed

ClaretTony2014
12-08-2015, 05:58 PM
Scheduled for next Tuesday but now off.

Brentford’s Sky Bet Championship match against Birmingham City will not take place next Tuesday, 18 August. The match has been postponed and will now take place on Tuesday 29 September.

The decision has been taken due to the current condition of the playing surface at Griffin Park. The Club believe the best way to ensure it is at a high standard for the rest of the 2015/16 season is to relay it as soon as possible.

Rileybobs
12-08-2015, 06:14 PM
I know this may sound a little crazy, but wouldn't it have been a good idea to relay the pitch at some point between the end of last season and the beginning of this one?

Pieandapint
12-08-2015, 06:15 PM
Should be fined, surely? They've had long enough to sort their pitch.

Goody1975
12-08-2015, 06:19 PM
Middlesbrough got deducted three points all them years ago when they said they couldn't fulfill a fixture at Blackburn because their squad was ill, will this be the same for Brentford considering they are saying their pitch is sick and unwell? :)

nil_desperandum
12-08-2015, 06:24 PM
"I know this may sound a little crazy, but wouldn't it have been a good idea to relay the pitch at some point between the end of last season and the beginning of this one?"
They did. That's the problem. New drainage system installed and relaid but it's not satisfactory.

ClaretTony2014
12-08-2015, 06:42 PM
"I know this may sound a little crazy, but wouldn't it have been a good idea to relay the pitch at some point between the end of last season and the beginning of this one?"

I would have thought so. It's seems ridiculous to have highlighted this in the first week of the season.

"Middlesbrough got deducted three points all them years ago when they said they couldn't fulfill a fixture at Blackburn because their squad was ill, will this be the same for Brentford considering they are saying their pitch is sick and unwell?"

No - they would have played it if necessary. They have moved it to September after discussions with Birmingham and the Football League.

wherewasi
12-08-2015, 06:48 PM
Shouldn't they have points deducted for having a Chairman who is a knob? Always banging on about KPIs and the 42.67% chance of the next corner being scored by a left-footed shot deflected off a defender's arse from between 2.4 and 2.75 metres.... but can't manage to get the pitch drained. I hope they tank this year just for the fun of seeing him cling to his stats and philosophy while Warburton starts rebuilding Rangers....

Goody1975
12-08-2015, 06:49 PM
twas a joke

MrTopTier
12-08-2015, 06:50 PM
Blackpool better apply for an extension to their season, based on the above.

CnBtruntru
13-08-2015, 09:05 AM
Anyone know how long it takes to remove and relay a pitch and then able to play on it?

ClaretTony2014
13-08-2015, 09:17 AM
"Shouldn't they have points deducted for having a Chairman who is a knob?"

Wouldn't disagree with that :D

Selby_Claret
13-08-2015, 09:23 AM
All of which means they get a nice week's rest before our game while we have to traipse to Ipswich on the Tuesday.....

tybfc
13-08-2015, 09:37 AM
And how will relaying a pitch help to drain it?

They either need to move to Cyprus where is doesn't rain or install drains.

beddie
13-08-2015, 09:39 AM
"All of which means they get a nice week's rest before our game while we have to traipse to Ipswich on the Tuesday...." I don't think it will be a problem, in fact it could go in our favour. Players are usually fit at this stage and with them having no game they won't be as match sharp.

ClaretTony2014
13-08-2015, 09:40 AM
"All of which means they get a nice week's rest before our game while we have to traipse to Ipswich on the Tuesday"

Means nothing, and it has happened in reverse in recent years, certainly in 2010 when we couldn't play Birmingham early because of their Euro commitments.

I'd rather be playing than having a game in hand.

ecc
13-08-2015, 12:41 PM
"Blackpool better apply for an extension to their season, based on the above."

Rumour going round that Bloomfield Road is going to be used as one of the locations for a film about Neil Armstrong.