PDA

View Full Version : Is Tonight the Night...

steviex
07-09-2015, 07:55 AM
that reality actually dawns and we realise Scottish Football is still going nowhere at a rate of knots. Any more think tanks due to report shortly ? For me I can't wait for the introduction of the winter break, changing the league cup to mini leagues as a season starter and increasing the number of teams in the top league.
Frankly its visionary stuff like that will catapult us forward in the footballing world. Think it was Einstein who said

"the definition of abject stupidity is doing the same thing over and over again an expecting a different result".

Thank feck the folk in the corridors of power of Scottish Football are wiser than Einstein.

Red_Zeppelin
07-09-2015, 08:04 AM
disagree, things have improved under strachan......slowly but surely we are turning and heading in the right direction.

fri was a kick in the baws, nae point denying that.

Still lets see how we get on the night, we always raise our game for the BIG teams.....so I think we gae the germans a game the night. Think we'll sneak it one nil.

getting back to your points re winter break. Think we tried that, only to find that we were hit by most o the bad weather after the break had come n gone.

steviex
07-09-2015, 08:12 AM
I would have to disagree I think we are still cack at international level, if there has been improvement its been miniscule. We were guff against England, Guff against Republic and utter mince against Georgia. These are the same old failings we've suffered for years. Re winter break I was being sarcastic the main issues Scottish Football are looking to drive forward have all been tried and delivered feck all. Therein lies the problem. No one absolutely no one within the corridors of power of Scottish Football could come up with an imaginary idea if their lives depended on it. Hence the reason we will still be talking like this when we match the numbers of years Wales have taken to qualify for a major tournament.

Improvement can be claimed in most situations if you take this list

Excellent
Very Good
Good
Fair
Poor
P1sh
Complete Dross

Scotland moving up from complete dross to p1sh is an improvement. I tend to think we have moved from poor to fair and its very slight , no

supernotts5891
07-09-2015, 10:55 AM
scotland have and always will be shyte fact

steviex
07-09-2015, 05:57 PM
Whereas Wales haven't qualified for 57 years cos they generally had good teams.

happytim
07-09-2015, 08:49 PM
scotland would have qualified for almost every tournament in the past if there was 24 european places available. im sure we,ll qualify in future, we have to assume we are better than the likes of iceland, wales etc. we can also claim to have had some very dodgy decisons against us in recent campaigns. wrong call v wales when we scored a perfecctly good goal, wales penalty was a joke, macedonias goa lat hampden was offside, irelands goal in dublin was offside, perfect goals v holland ruled out, dodgy penalty for czech republic in final min cost is play off place. we have ahd a lot of controversial incidents go against us. this is a fact not a paranoid rant.

steviex
07-09-2015, 09:02 PM
Why would we assume we are better than Wales or Iceland, every team gets crap decisions they dont all happen to scotland we continually dont qualify cos we are contiunally sh1te ... simple as that.

Sir_Walter_Timslayer
07-09-2015, 09:10 PM
No worries lads, everything's fine in the garden. We fought and battled all the way against Germany tonight. Scottish football is booming. No need for any of that modern forward thinking p1sh. Leave that to the mamby pamby continentals. Move along. Nothing to see here.