PDA

View Full Version : wean looney,s england record. what a fuss.

happytim
08-09-2015, 08:43 PM
broken charltons scoring record tonight, with another penalty.

also it has to be said jimmy greaves record was far greater in goals per game average. 44 in 57 games compared to loonys less than 1 goal in 2 games.

factor in that international qualifiers involve far more games v more mediocre oppositions than they did in charltons and greaves era, and they play far more qualifiers now.

i think the media have gone well over the top in praise for this achievement, i mean charltons goals were worth more in the big scheme of things than looneys. yopu can only compare like for like and what looney is doing today would see him score far less in older days.

any thoughts.

Nevermore666
08-09-2015, 09:41 PM
Well done Wayne. I'd give my left knacker for Scotland to have a player as good as you.

swaddon
08-09-2015, 10:14 PM
He's a good player, but not as good as Adam Rooney.

happytim
08-09-2015, 10:19 PM
its so much easier to score international goals today than it was in the 60,s and 70,s.

none of your teams like armenia, azerbijan, gibralter or san miguel in those days.

you were put in a difficult group with teams like italy, yugoslavia and soviet union back then.

Nevermore666
08-09-2015, 10:24 PM
Adam has the potential to be a great. Good luck to the boy.

scoobydhoo1
09-09-2015, 02:10 AM
It won't be to long before we hear Lizzie saying "arise sir granny sh agger of toxteth"

Well if Geoff hurst can get one and Trevor brooking ,why not shriek.

I wonder if he"ll try and outdo Michael fagin and last at least until the first adverts of coronation street.

Buc
09-09-2015, 10:26 AM
Have to be fair to Wayne Rooney and CONGRATUALATIONS to him. After all it's an achievement that's going to take years for any player to reach. Have to agree with a lot with what happytim has said.. Do I think he was heading to world class status whilst at Everton yes indeed I did.. Would I pick him ahead of Henrick Larrson for example no I wouldnt. Just my opinion .