PDA

View Full Version : Hey sheepie, do you agree with this?

Sir_Walter_Timslayer
14-09-2015, 07:17 PM
or would you rather have Doric? - view external link (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-north-east-orkney-shetland-34244616)

DrumDandy
14-09-2015, 08:31 PM
Complete waste of money, I don't know anyone on the east coast that speaks Gaelic !!!

Sir_Walter_Timslayer
14-09-2015, 09:34 PM
You soon will the way the SNP are going. :s

Never mind all that namby pamby French, Spanish and German sh1t, give the kids Gaelic. :s

Wasted_Life
15-09-2015, 07:56 AM
We'd be better learning Mandarin or Arabic.

It's a good idea for all kids to get a grounding in a language early on as it helps them learn other languages more easily.

DeezAreGood
15-09-2015, 12:34 PM
You'd think with the amount of ridicule walloper gets on here, he'd do some research on what anti-SNP nonsense he comes up with next. The origin of this gaelic language initiative are to be found in an act of parliament from 2005, when labour were in power XD

walloper rolled again, rolled like a lump of cheese from the dame's cheesy c-ock

pwlp
15-09-2015, 12:46 PM
Whally shredded by Deezer.

DeezAreGood
15-09-2015, 01:03 PM
This gaelic pish is going on all over scotland but I guess walloper only scoures the north-east pages as that's where any info on aberdeen will be XD

Buc
15-09-2015, 03:52 PM
Cant open the link,
but what i can say the Gaelic language came in handy during the war as the Germans even though they were listening in they couldnt understand a word of it.
that language saved many lives with some top secret information. Itwas handy for the country then.

If i remeber right theres around 60,000 speakers in Scotland and rising . A language at one time during the 90s was fading fast. If it kept going the way it was our historic language would have been lost..
heres a we story for you many Scottish men left to work in Canada during the 40s n 50s due to lack of skills in the granite sector.. the Canadian government at the time banned the Gaelic language as they werent happy about not understanding what the Scottish lads were saying . But the lads used to meet up in groups and keep that language alive..
Historic eh.

DrumDandy
15-09-2015, 04:16 PM
No problem with the language, it's proud history, or with anyone that wants to learn it, but 60,000 people represents just over 1 percent of the population, predominately based in the West coast, I would suggest that probably 100 per cent of the Gaelic speakers also speak English, therefore to have the signs in Gaelic and English is a total waste of money, especially in these times of austerity.

Buc
15-09-2015, 04:36 PM
The closest to the east coast the language got was in Banchory/Braemar area not that many decades ago can remember reading about it but cant remember how many years exactly. It went down to 2 old ladies but once they died off that was the end of it.. yes its mostly west coast.

DeezAreGood
15-09-2015, 07:26 PM
hey walloper, do you not want to bump this thread, where I made an actual proper c*nt of you, you ignorant pryck :)

ach, I'll throw in a few smilies, why not .. XD :P :zzz:

Archiebaird
20-09-2015, 09:09 AM
Bump.

DeezAreGood
20-09-2015, 11:00 AM
Earl Bumlover of the Bumlover estate having another anti-Scotland meltdown, you'd have thought he'd learn his lesson after being humiliated on this thread.

spameater1
20-09-2015, 11:46 AM
Dimslaver is like Oliver,he keeps coming back for more.

pwlp
20-09-2015, 03:59 PM
I'd be fine with it in areas where it's spoken a lot, if you ignore your language then you lose it and you lose your culture too. It's bad enough here with the Doric disappearing. I'd like Doric road sign roonaboot Aiberdeeen. Things like:

Ca canny - give way

scoobydhoo1
21-09-2015, 02:00 AM
Currently in the Canadian province of Nova Scotia,we have a Gaelic speaking college.

Canada is proud of its Scottish heritage ,amazing that scots in Scotland don't think of its history in the same way.