PDA

View Full Version : Why it is crucial that we bring in Steve Thompson

moorgatemiller
10-10-2015, 07:53 AM
Firstly I should say I am really pleased with the appointment of Neil Redfearn and hope he does very well. He is quite inexperienced as a number 1 so it is really important that he has the right number 2 which is where Steve Thompson comes in. My understanding is that Redfearn was at his most successful at Leeds when Thommo was by his side. This is no surprise as many managers have done much better with Thommo as number 2 than without him. A very popular ex miller and a great number 2 who is close friends with Redfearn, surely it is worth a small payout to Preston where he is coaching.

So in conclusion well done Mr Stewart on the appointment but please ensure the dream team and don't go for promoting Eric Black who has a lot poorer record than Steve Thompson. We have the chance to do really well so please get the right number 2.

gorky
10-10-2015, 08:28 AM
Does anyone know what happened at Leeds? Thompson was suspended but Redfearn carried on...would he want to work with him again?

Ericsladkilnhurst
10-10-2015, 09:20 AM
Thompson is on his second spell with Grayson, so perhaps he will show his allegiance by staying at Preston, where has nothing as been answered to why Thompson was suspended at Leeds, but I would have liked Thompson alongside Redfearn, so it could be the stumbling block on this partnership, a lot of truths get swept under the carpet.

Galant
10-10-2015, 04:03 PM
Why it's crucial - it isn't - is Steve Thompson a relative of yours?

mellowmiller
10-10-2015, 04:27 PM
I think I read somewhere that Redders would be working on his backroom staff over the weekend so we may hear something on Monday at the official press conference.
I hope he manages to get Thommo as he has been very successful as an assistant manager and would have a real affinity with Millers fans.

Timbertop
10-10-2015, 06:57 PM
Unfortunately I can't see it happening. Thompson has always lived in the Blackpool area and has a great relationship with Grayson. Don't think Redfearn will be very effective without him and suspect Redfearn,apart from being the cheapest contender,will have got the job by agreeing to keep Black as his assistant. I wonder how many potential candidates didn,t proceed because of the wages on offer.

Casper64Frank
10-10-2015, 07:15 PM
Does anyone know what happened at Leeds? Thompson was suspended but Redfearn carried on...would he want to work with him again?

gorky, you may wish to click on the URL Link.

Believe me Redfearn & Steve Thompson are still friends and respect each other.

Someone has also quoted that Thommo may be settled in at Preston with Grayson.

It`s not crucial we bring in Thommo but he did well at Blackpool under Holloway.

Welcome Neil Redfearn.
I will be very surprised if Eric Black is promoted to No.2.
There are other assistant managers on the radar.
Lets wait for the news on Monday.

UTM. C64F. - view external link (http://www.footballfancast.com/championship/leeds/exclusive-steve-thompson-talks-out-about-his-leeds-suspension#tuEUuTEtefziL7Pk.9)

gambles
10-10-2015, 07:25 PM
Fans only wanted redfearn in the dream that Thommo would be his partner - and that's what it is a dream. Get real and realise this is a long term appt with a hope we stay up without spending any money on permanent or loan signings.watch the millers fans quickly lose faith with redfearn /chairman when it goes wrong.They will both be judged on us staying up full stop.

jolly_roger
10-10-2015, 09:11 PM
You guys must get out a lot what with supporting the Millers and still managing to see Redfearn and Thompson "in action" to come up with the opinion that their combination is the best thing since sliced bread.

mellowmiller
11-10-2015, 08:59 AM
[quote="jolly_roger" to come up with the opinion that their combination is the best thing since sliced bread.[/quote]

A bit off topic this but I saw a press cutting the other day that said "A man is recovering in a Hampshire hospital after being shot twice in the Jolly Roger."
Made me laugh :D :D

tom12026
11-10-2015, 09:41 AM
fed up with this manager,think it,s crucial we get a new one.

gwru
11-10-2015, 11:25 AM
I'd like Thommo but what's crucial is we've got 3 games coming up. Last game we played against Burnley I was there we never looked like winning, gave 2 bad goals away. Hope Black up dates Redfearn. I've said this twice before we need a centre back in to play with Rawson & a right sided player. Could possible get away with playing G Ward on the right, bring Thorpe in to play central midfield. Side Camp; Buxton, Rawson, another, Mattock; G Ward, Thorpe, Smallwood, Newell; Derbyshire, JCH.