PDA

View Full Version : Putting 2 and 2 together

RawmarshMiller
15-10-2015, 06:22 PM
Noticed something Redfearn said in his pre-match interview. He was at the Derby game when they played Brentford, was he supremely confident or did he already have the job? This combined with he was at 2 of the last 3 home games and most likely watched the third on TV at someones suggestion begs the question as to when did he actually get the job?

mellowmiller
15-10-2015, 06:31 PM
It's not unusual for out of work managers to take in games while they're waiting for the right opportunity to come along.
Neil Redfearn probably thought he had a realistic chance of getting the Millers job so did a bit of homework in preparation. If that's the case then more power to his elbow.
I believe Tony Stewart when he talks about the selection process the board employed and think Neil Redfearn didn't know he'd got the job until shortly before it was officially announced.

millermanic
15-10-2015, 06:47 PM
I think he knew, and so did the bookies, selection process my arris

Archiemiller
15-10-2015, 08:12 PM
Ive also put 2 n 2 together and what ive been told Neil Redfearn was nailed on for the job shortly after the Brighton game. He gets my support. U.T.F.M.

avondalemiller
15-10-2015, 08:12 PM
out of work managers go to matches to keep up with the game. Lots of time a Northern out of work manager will scout teams for the southern based clubs and vice versa.

loyalmiller
15-10-2015, 10:53 PM
Rawmarsh miller I think you're overthinking things too much. When I've applied for jobs I've always done my homework on the company I'm applying to join, sometimes at the interview I've know more about their company than the interviewer did.
Guessing Redfearn was just doing that. He probably also attended a few Doncaster games too where he was also shortlisted.

BigLadonOS
15-10-2015, 11:07 PM
But if Evo losing his job came out of left field how would he have been doing his homework on a club who had a manager for the 3 games he saw this season?

I'm not saying that he already had the job before Evo and the club parted but it does seem a little fishy.

Ericsladkilnhurst
15-10-2015, 11:46 PM
Rawmarsh miller I think you're overthinking things too much. When I've applied for jobs I've always done my homework on the company I'm applying to join, sometimes at the interview I've know more about their company than the interviewer did.
Guessing Redfearn was just doing that. He probably also attended a few Doncaster games too where he was also shortlisted.

I think you are right about Redfearn attending Doncaster Rovers ground !

Sure it was him selling old Leeds United shirts at Car boot on a Sunday at Donny ground. !

loyalmiller
16-10-2015, 10:38 AM
But if Evo losing his job came out of left field how would he have been doing his homework on a club who had a manager for the 3 games he saw this season?

I'm not saying that he already had the job before Evo and the club parted but it does seem a little fishy.

Yeah that's a good point Biglad. I'm stumped. It does look very iffy, but whatever Redders is the man now and he's got my full backing.

RawmarshMiller
16-10-2015, 12:18 PM
To be honest, I am not trying to suggest anything and dont really care. Just interesting how a guy watches a bunch of our games and our next opponents whilst we have a manager still in the job, a manager that had previously been very successful and not likely to get the push. Would suggest Redfearn had an inside track on what was going to happen.

Am i bothered? Not really, I support Rotherham United irrespective of who is in charge. Just a little intrigued.

redhouse
16-10-2015, 02:03 PM
I believe Evans leaving and Redfearn coming in was sorted out a few weeks ago

I don't believe it was all as sudden as the club would have us think

BigLadonOS
16-10-2015, 09:52 PM
I'm with you loyalmiller. Redfearn will have my full backing as the Millers manager.

I know I said that having Redfearn as our manager could end in tears but only because I think we need a manager this season who is focused 100% on keeping us in the Championship and not be worrying about building the club up from the grass roots! I think that is a job for when we are safe in the championship and ready to go next season.

UTM!

Millersince75
16-10-2015, 11:19 PM
Was informed that after brighton match evans was going. Had a bust up with richard stuart while tony stuart was away