PDA

View Full Version : Why drop Andreu?

Brin
17-10-2015, 04:19 PM
probably thinks he's a loan player so won't figure once he's gone back but I feel since he's been with us we've looked stronger and more inventive in the middle…plus he shoots on sight which is refreshing to see…

Puzzled me with that one Neil….

Missed both him and Newell today…..

Anyone know how bad Newell's injury is?

Amanda_Hugg_n_Kiss
17-10-2015, 04:26 PM
Not a clue about Andreu, ye it is puzzling.

If Newell was the player he wasn't sure about in his interview he shouldn't be too bad, hopefully he isn't.

redhouse
17-10-2015, 04:33 PM
I couldn't believe it when I heard he wasn't playing

Was it possibly because we was playing away :?

gwru
17-10-2015, 04:52 PM
Andrue not bothered, did nothing against Burnley. More puzzling G Ward left on the bench, D Ward was going to start, injured in the warm up, surprise! Green back in, thought we'd seen last of him, was hoping so. Maguire & White starting, why? Thought new manager was going to give younger players a chance. Where's Thorpe, even Yates, instead Ledesma, Halford were on the bench, again why? Neil Redfearn its only his 1st game, surely Black will have put him right.

vespabri
17-10-2015, 05:48 PM
Surprised Thorpe wasn't on the bench...it'll come lads..be patient.

gm_gm
17-10-2015, 06:18 PM
Smallwood and green doesn't seem to work ...

Timbertop
17-10-2015, 06:38 PM
Tend to agree that redfearn may not want to play loanees but it's early days. Pity because Andreu and G Ward look more likely to score than Derbyshire and prima donnas D Ward and Maguire. Mate been to match and thought Brentford were very ordinary but again admits we are desperately short of real quality and pace. Thinks Reading will rip us apart.

redhouse
17-10-2015, 06:51 PM
I must admit the negative thoughts I've been having about Neil Redfearn's appointment are getting stronger ( probably should add miller on the end of username ;D )

I sincerely hope I am wrong

dmentor
17-10-2015, 07:48 PM
NR has got to learn,and learn fast,that was the wrong team he put out today,i feared the worst right from the word go,

tony260674
17-10-2015, 07:56 PM
All I can think is that Green, Maguire and Aidy White must have been dazzling in training this last week because I haven't seen anything that would suggest that any of them deserve a shirt so far.

kentmillerman
17-10-2015, 08:04 PM
Just got back. My take:
Is that we should be taking points from such as Brentford.
On the whole we weren't too bad. Thought we were worth a point. (I'm not a tactician )
They, (Brentford), were mediocre and to be honest will struggle.
Reading will be a problem on Tuesday but think we might get a valuable point.
On the whole I have a feeling we will be OK this season.
Tony, I agree with about Green, White but thought McGuire did well. (Other peoples perceptions.) ?

millmoormagic
17-10-2015, 08:10 PM
Some of your lot need to get a grip of yourselves, already sniping at the new manager, it's laughable.
He's picked that team because he know's that's what he has to work with, simple as that.

kentmillerman
17-10-2015, 08:16 PM
Here here millmoormagic.

BellBoy
17-10-2015, 08:19 PM
My take is we seem to have gone backwards after a good performance at Birmingham.
Green was totally ineffective, as were Smallwood, White and Derbyshire. Maguire played well in first half. I don't know what they have been telling JCH as he seems to have lost his mean edge and is now playing for free kicks instead of battling.
Brentford are rubbish, but where does that leave us? They were there for the taking but we never looked like taking the points.
Sorry for doom and gloom but lots of work to do for Redfearn.

gm_gm
17-10-2015, 08:45 PM
Some of your lot need to get a grip of yourselves, already sniping at the new manager, it's laughable.
He's picked that team because he know's that's what he has to work with, simple as that.

Redfern out!

Brin
17-10-2015, 09:24 PM

MM ..... Chill out fella where in my post am I sniping at Redfearn? I'm making an obvious statement about a player I've seen that is better than most that we've got...who I've seen play and even score and what he brings to the team...,

Stop making this into a negative post.... I'm posting a constructive view which btw a lot seem to in agreement with...,

millmoormagic
17-10-2015, 09:50 PM
I said "some" but if the cap fits...fella... furthermore, your "obvious statement" is also debateable, of course hindsight is a wonderful thing isn't it. Lastly, you accuse me of making this into a negative post..that's called irony isn't it? made me chuckle that one i must admit, you've been on too many psycho-babble management courses ...fella...oh, and trying to back yourself up by stating "a lot seem to be in agreement with" haha, again the irony, priceless.

mikemiller
17-10-2015, 10:16 PM
Once again, Millers awful in the "final third" of the pitch- no punch upfront. Also, thought that Maguire was dreadful, and partly responsible for Brentford's second goal. Derbyshire spent more time bickering with the Brentford defenders than concentrating on the match - yes, they were fairly dirty, but why not try getting revenge by putting the ball in the net? (That is what you are actually paid to do)
Ledesma corner-taking ability was poor... I do remember somebody on this site a while ago (not me) pointing out that we would have nobody to take free kicks and corners if Pringle left...
Thought that our back four and keeper played quite well generally, but mistakes by others in front of them led to the Brentford goals... and Brentford looked like a weak side

tony260674
17-10-2015, 10:29 PM
Having seen the highlights, there is no doubt that Maguire was very slow to stop the cross for the second goal and although I didn't go today, I haven't seen anything to suggest he should be in the team as things stand. Without wanting to upset Magic, I am slightly concerned that Redfearn also brought the 2 former Leeds players back into the side. I doubt very much that many fans would have expected that side to take to the field. Even the original choice of Danny Ward seemed a strange one to me.

millmoormagic
17-10-2015, 10:34 PM
Haha, thanks Tony49596039999277, my only point was that in his first game as new Rotherham manager, he has to be seen as picking from his players, to take a good look at his players before making hs own decisions thereafter regarding the players on loan, surely that makes sense, it would be poor management NOT to do that wouldn't it?

tony260674
17-10-2015, 10:37 PM
Rawson played Magic.
Its very early days and Redfearn has my full support but I expected us to get something today and he is going to have to learn fast if we aren't going to be cast adrift. The 2 upcoming home games will be very tough indeed.

loyalmiller
18-10-2015, 08:29 AM
Isn't it wierd how we all see the same game and have totally differing opinions?

I've read people think Mcguire had a good game, whereas I thought he had a mare, at fault twice for the the goal, firstly for giving away the stupid free-kick albeit in their half but that led to the pass to their winger who's cross Mcguire made no attempt to cut out.

Also the Green Smallwood debate, it just doesn't work but contrary to what most have said in my opinion Green had a better game than Smallwood at least he was going forwards and not sideways and backwards like Smallwood, unlucky not to score too.

Clarke-Harris had a frustrating game too, why has he suddenly started throwing himself on floor when he clearly wasn't fouled! Just gives possession away and a very nippy Brentford side are back on the attack with all our defenders out of position.

Anyway thought we played well unlucky not to get at least a point. Good day out just spoilt by the result.

frogmiller
18-10-2015, 09:26 AM
Really enjoyed the day yesterday. Two great goals their first and ours.

I thought that the defence played well. Collins panicked a couple of times and cleared the ball when Camp was in a good position to collect. Maybe it was down to communication.

Smallwood and Green played well I thought. Playing it simple but trying to keep the ball by passing it to team mates who had space. Maguire and White were the weak players in midfield. Neither had a good game. Something wrong with Maguires head. He seems to lack the ability to concentrate.

Derbyshire and JCH both did go down easily some were fouls but from the off the ref wasn't having any of it from any forrud on the pitch. Their central defenders won most headers against JCH but they were bigger and stronger..

Andreu could have made a difference in the match but as it's been said, Redfearn is using our signed players first (Rawson apart). Then he'll go from there.

millertop
18-10-2015, 09:27 AM

Maybe you need to get a grip, when you are in/near bottom there is no excuse for Andreu to be on bench, who was the better player that replaced him? Laughable.

Littlest_Hobo
18-10-2015, 09:33 AM
Redfearn knew both White and Green from Leeds so in his short period of time at the helm, possibly had more faith in those he knew than those he didn't. What on earth are we going to do with fat boy ? - All players are susceptible to injuries but I just don;t get Danny Ward. Remember Maguire was signed to play up top - he was petulant at Wednesday as they continued to play him out wide, he is not a midfielder and never will be nor a winger, he is an inside right - square peg round hole. White is just a winger who is not good enough

Brin
18-10-2015, 09:56 AM

Maybe you need to get a grip, when you are in/near bottom there is no excuse for Andreu to be on bench, who was the better player that replaced him? Laughable.

[/quote]

Steady on Millertop..... MM doesn't understand the simple logics of football but blindly agrees what the new Manager does and calls it sniping if anyone has a more sensible approach to what is blindingly obvious ....

gwru
18-10-2015, 10:20 AM
Andreu if he's going to play its in place of Derbyshire. What's happened with Thorpe? Green, Halford, White, Ledesma they can go now, nothing to bring to the side. Can we get in the loan market in time for tues, need a couple in, playing 2 good sides at home.

hotun
18-10-2015, 10:38 AM
We never got to grips with Brentfords physical approach to the game the ref seemed content to allow it to go on unpunished,result was a very poor Millers performance when we were very hopeful of taking all 3 points.We needed to match their in your face attitude to get anything and we failed miserably allowing Judge to run the game unchallenged.Ok it's Redfearns first game so we should cut him some slack,but we have to compete all over the field and sadly that was missing yesterday,but hey ho onwards and hopefully upwards.

kempo
18-10-2015, 10:58 AM
Maybe Andreu had a heavy cold or an injury therefore it was decided to just have him on the bench especially as we have three games this week.

Let's not start getting at the manager after one game!

Pocket rocket
18-10-2015, 11:15 AM

[/quote]

Steady on Millertop..... MM doesn't understand the simple logics of football but blindly agrees what the new Manager does and calls it sniping if anyone has a more sensible approach to what is blindingly obvious ....[/quote]

Brin that's what people said about us when we criticised Evans when we had a different opinion oh the irony

DK_NY
18-10-2015, 11:24 AM
I don't think it had anything to do with Andreu being a loanee, i suspect it was tactical. Andreu plays in the hole behind the front two which requires a narrow midfield.

I like the diamond of the last three games but the TV pundits (Burnley) said we were too narrow and thought we iimproved after Ward and Mcguire came on. I think maybe Redfearn was influenced by this and started with the shape that finished that game. Shame he didn't see how well the diamond worked at Birmingham.

andy_miller72
18-10-2015, 11:27 AM
Think he dropped him as he's said he wants us to be harder to beat.therefore he thinks we'll be more solid with 2 defensive midfielders. Can sort of see his logic there.problem for us is the lack of quality out wide if we do this.with newell out we really struggle. D ward just can't stay fit, white looks poor, maguire, ledesma both look shocking.if mattock & newell are both out Tuesday I fear for our left side. White at full back and ledesma in front of him and we get stuffed!

We really need some points this week as I don't fancy us getting many the next few away games

Casper64Frank
18-10-2015, 11:51 AM
Facts are we had the most possession & the most shots at goal, not that it mattered that much.
Thought our midfield was poor yesterday, no flair or skill players that actually started.
Hindsight`s a wonderful thing so in that respect Neil could have chosen Grant Ward & not White to replace Danny Ward when Danny got injured in the pre-match warm up.
No quality crosses came in and the crosses that did make it into the area were easily dealt with by a giant of a lad called Tarkowski (No.26 ).
Their centre backs dominated JCH & Derbyshire most of the afternoon, our forwards put the effort in but if midfield don't put the quality passes into the forwards then expect it to be a huff & puff game once more.
Brentford were average we matched them ( average also ). We didn't deserve to win but we actually didn't deserve to lose.
Expecting at least a couple of loan players coming after the Derby County game. By that time Neil will have fully assessed the players he has inherited.

Brin
18-10-2015, 01:50 PM

[/quote]

Steady on Millertop..... MM doesn't understand the simple logics of football but blindly agrees what the new Manager does and calls it sniping if anyone has a more sensible approach to what is blindingly obvious ....[/quote]

Brin that's what people said about us when we criticised Evans when we had a different opinion oh the irony [/quote]

Pocket that's the whole point the word 'criticise'.... From the offset I've posted why was

millmoormagic
18-10-2015, 01:58 PM

[/quote]

Another one here, with that same inferiority complex as the rest of the clique, i stated, read it again, that "SOME" already sniping at the manager, now, let me enlighten you, there's a new manager, it's his job to pick the team, it's his first team he's picked, so give him some slack, and at the very least give him the respect he deserves, after all, he's been involved in professional football his whole life, get this, HE KNOWS MUCH MUCH MORE ABOUT IT THAN YOU....

millmoormagic
18-10-2015, 02:01 PM

[/quote]

Brin that's what people said about us when we criticised Evans when we had a different opinion oh the irony [/quote]

Pocket that's the whole point the word 'criticise'.

millmoormagic
18-10-2015, 02:06 PM

[/quote]

Again, sly digs is schoolboy stuff...fella...firstly, my football knowledge is exactly that, mine, i'm not shoving it down your throat and bitching at you if you disagree, secondly, i don't blindly agree wth anyone, but what i do, is give the new manager of my

Rileyev2
18-10-2015, 02:17 PM
Big big shoes to fill has old Neil.

I think that maybe the problem Magic.

A lot of our supporters won't give the guy much time.

Fact is if we stay up on goal difference this season it will be a gargantuan achievement.

Fwiw I reckon we'll turn Reading over on Tuesday and Maguire will get the winner against Wednesday on Friday.

That said I'm trying extra hard to be optimistic.

Lots of days in the above post lol.

millmoormagic
18-10-2015, 02:18 PM
Big big shoes to fill has old Neil.

I think that maybe the problem Magic.

A lot of our supporters won't give the guy much time.

Fact is if we stay up on goal difference this season it will be a gargantuan achievement.

Fwiw I reckon we'll turn Reading over on Tuesday and Maguire will get the winner against Wednesday on Friday.

That said I'm trying extra hard to be optimistic.

Lots of days in the above post lol.

Yeh, maybe riley, maybe, we have to give him a chance though yes? and i truly hope you're right about tuesday and friday mate!!

Rileyev2
18-10-2015, 02:26 PM
He needs us to be behind him 100% and he needs time.

The long term future of our club depends on it Magic.

Brin
18-10-2015, 04:03 PM

[/quote]

Poc

RawmarshMiller
19-10-2015, 08:37 AM
Well you know what, I AM BEING CRITICAL, didnt particularly want Redfearn and Saturday fully vindicated that.

We played our best football this season in the 3 games prior to his appointment, playing with the 4 in midfield lined up as a diamond. This put Smallwood in his most effective role at the base of the diamond, 2 good runners in front and Andreu at the peak of the diamond pulling the strings. Redfearn then changes this by bringing in Maguire and White. Both have been truly awful all season, neither looks up to this level.

If we keep the same shape and personell on Tuesday we will be hammered. Reading are a very good side this season and we will need to compete through the middle. The pigs are also picking up and unless we can drag them into a battle will also most likely beat us comfortably.

Brentford were truly awful on Saturday, by far the worst side we have played this season, but we just didnt compete. I would have hoped in anything Redfearn would have made us compa

millertop
19-10-2015, 09:06 AM

[/quote]

Another one here, with that same inferiority complex as the rest of the clique, i stated, read it again, that "SOME" already sniping at the manager, now, let me enlighten you, there's a new manager, it's his job to pick the team, it's his first team he's picked, so give him some slack, and at the very least give him the respect he deserves, after all, he's been involved in professional football his whole life, get this, HE KNOWS MUCH MUCH MORE ABOUT IT THAN YOU....[/quote]

Tr