PDA

View Full Version : BRENTFORD PHOTO'S

ZIPPY64
17-10-2015, 10:15 PM
Please click link if you wish to view my photo's from Griffin Park today. - view external link (http://zipstrips2011-2012.blogspot.co.uk/2015/10/brentford-2-millers-117th-october-2015.html)

sota
17-10-2015, 11:25 PM
Great photos mate, nice to see you've made friends with the new gaffer already ;-) As much as I like seeing all the brilliant new stadiums in this league, I think I enjoy seeing the traditional ones like this even more.

sota
17-10-2015, 11:28 PM
Ps The photo of The Royal Oak with the floodlight looming over the top is absolutely brilliant mate.

ZIPPY64
17-10-2015, 11:39 PM
Ps The photo of The Royal Oak with the floodlight looming over the top is absolutely brilliant mate.

Cheers pal, i've always been summat of a floodlight junky, i just love the good old fashioned 4 free standing floodlight set up, and to see lights appearing over houses, pubs, trees etc just does it for me.
On the way back to the coach today we crossed over the old Railway Bridge and the Ground was resplendant in the near distance with the lights still on and all 4 peeking over the top of some trees....i was dying to take a shot, i think it would've been a cracker, but i would have held everybody up as it was very congested and it's only a narrow walkway....shame that.
Read somewhere recently that there's only 9 Grounds left in the Football League with 4 free standing floodlights, obviously Brentford are one, Rochdale is another of my favourites.
I heard the words shyte hole mentioned more than a few times today from some of our fans

sota
17-10-2015, 11:43 PM
Of course not mate, however, the fans slagging their ground off must have short memories or still be in nappies ha ha

millavanilla
18-10-2015, 04:53 AM
For that type of nostalgia, a great view of millmoor with the lights on, was coming out of the red bull pub..cobble street and the old stone wall with a train passing..all a bit eerie...you could just imagine a film with football thugs coming from under the bridge...

LiberalFan
18-10-2015, 06:08 AM
Great photos mate, nice to see you've made friends with the new gaffer already ;-) As much as I like seeing all the brilliant new stadiums in this league, I think I enjoy seeing the traditional ones like this even more.

I agree I bet it will cost them a fortune to build a new stadium in that area. Look at pic 33 anyone would think its the Tivoli :D

LiberalFan
18-10-2015, 06:10 AM
Again great pics mate. who was the player down and out in pic 35 ? maybe he has just been told hes left out of the starting 11 ?

ZIPPY64
18-10-2015, 07:16 AM
Again great pics mate. who was the player down and out in pic 35 ? maybe he has just been told hes left out of the starting 11 ?

Cheers pal, it was Danny Ward.....they were doing the shooting-in pre-match and next thing we knew, DW was lying face down on the grass and in a great deal of discomfort.
He'd pulled his back as he'd taken a shot and obviously could take no further part.
So all the pre match planning had gone out of the window before the game even kicked off, added to the very early goal....but i think we responded well and gave a good account of ourselves, edging the first 20/25 minutes after the goal, maybe a bit too lightweight up front if i was to offer any form of critcism.
The start of the Second half i thought we dominated completely till they nicked the second, and until then there only looked to be one winner....us.
After their winner we seemed to go into our shells again till the last 5/10 mins and then we