PDA

View Full Version : Stealing from accounts via a cyber attack is the same as a burglar or robbe

theclaret57
23-10-2015, 08:46 AM
Surely the law needs to be changed to reflect money being stolen from someone's bank account via a cyber attack.

If you lose money that way it must be treated in the same manner as if someone broke into your home carrying a knife or gun and prison sentences should reflect that if the perpetrator gets caught.

Cyber attacks should carry the same sentence as any other form of robbery.

Rick_Muller
23-10-2015, 09:04 AM
"Cyber attacks should carry the same sentence as any other form of robbery"

I may be wrong and without researching it properly (my bad) I am having an educated guess that cyber crime will almost undoubtedly carry a stiffer sentence than breaking into someone's house and robbing them at knifepoint. We have seen in the media many reports for burglaries being "ignored" by the police (not necessarily true of course just because it's in the press) and offenders getting lenient sentences. We have also see cyber criminals being extradited because they hacked into the NSA and facing American justice which, if they are lucky, they'll escape the death penalty.

bleedingClaret
23-10-2015, 09:19 AM
Whatever next?

Have some leniency!

Next you'll be saying that pilfering your child's money box, which by the way IMO, managing to get the coins back through the slot without any noticeable damage to the receptacle is an art form, you'll be saying that's wrong too.

Worlds gone mad.....

UTC

DiBraidio
23-10-2015, 04:26 PM
Use a wide flat knife bleedingclaret, shake the container until they fall on the knife and pull them out. Your little one's will be none the wiser. Boo-ah-ha-ha-ha-ha!

Imploding Turtle
23-10-2015, 04:33 PM
My 3 kids all had money boxes that were each full with about 50 in change, until i got rid of them. Then i just cracked the money boxes.

karatekid
23-10-2015, 04:52 PM
Its the islamists wot dunnit..........:O

Earlier today, Adrian Culley, a former detective in the Met's cyber crime unit, pointed to the Islamic jihadi group as the potential perpetrators of the attack.

Speaking to Speaking to the BBC Radio 4's Today programme he said: "They are claiming to be from Soviet Russia and be an Islamic cyber jihadi group.

"They have posted on to Pastebin information that appears to be TalkTalk customer private information."

Their message read:

"We Have adapted To The Security measures Of The Web...We Cannot Be Stopped. We have made our tracks untraceable through onion routing, encrypted chat messages, private key emails, hacked servers. We will teach our children to use the web for Allah.. Your hands will be covered in blood.. judgement day is soon ....one childrens is Mohammed. Your women are being taken over by us. Your children are being killed by us for being **** on earth."

- [url=http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2015/10/23/talk

spadesclaret
23-10-2015, 05:11 PM
"My 3 kids all had money boxes that were each full with about 50 in change, until i got rid of them. Then i just cracked the money boxes."

You got rid of your 3 kids just so you could rob their money boxes? :O Shame on you! XD

DiBraidio
23-10-2015, 05:11 PM
Can we just send their message back and tell them to post it again when they've corrected the punctuation and the grammar?

stevie_thunder
23-10-2015, 07:03 PM
I reckon cyber theft is a worse crime.

To burgle someone's house requires some balls and there is that sense of danger that the house owner will be disturbed and give you a hiding.

Cyber theft is just cowardly.