PDA

View Full Version : Our strongest 11 when everyone is fit

DizzzyClaret
23-10-2015, 02:30 PM
What does everyone see as our strongest 11 when the entire squad is fully fit? Barnes over Vokes? Lowton over Darikwa? Marney over Jones/Barton? Certainly an interesting debate with the strength of the current squad. Anyway, here's mine:

Heaton
Lowton Keane Mee Ward
Arfield Barton Marney Boyd
Barnes Gray

What is yours?

Edit: maybe Barnes wide left, Vokes upfront??? HMMMMMM Dyche will have headaches

minniemouth
23-10-2015, 03:05 PM
See other thread. At url - view external link (http://boards.footymad.net/clarets-mad/2109740138/)

fungus_the_bogeyman
23-10-2015, 03:12 PM
There's no way we will play with Marney and Barton, other than through necessity. They're far too similar and you would lose the left sided-right sided balance that has made us so successful. Jones is part of our strongest 11.

So is Duff. Mee hasn't played centre half for years. He's a left back/emergency centre back now. Ward's an excellent player, but Mee gets the nod. He's been remarkably consistent over the last two-three years. Barnes and Vokes is a coin flip.

DizzzyClaret
23-10-2015, 03:26 PM
The difference in the two threads/topics is that this one is our strongest 11 WHEN EVERYONE IS FIT the other is our current strongest 11 (hence no Marney, Barnes etc)

Edit: This was a reply too Minniemouth, I'm still getting used too this.

Pieandapint
23-10-2015, 03:51 PM
Heaton
Darikwa (not seen enough of Lowton)
Duff (probably shades Mee at CB)
Keane
Ward (much better than Mee, for me)

Jones
Marney
Barton

Gray
Boyd
Vokes

Never happen, but would like to see how it works

DobsonThomasSteven
23-10-2015, 06:21 PM
^^^^^^ interesting formation that, I too would love to see how it works.

The more I look at it the more I want to see it in action

AuntSally
23-10-2015, 06:22 PM
There is no strongest 11. It also depends on the opposition.

Notrigsbyscat
23-10-2015, 06:29 PM
That 433 is interesting but Lawton for Darikwa and Afield for Boyd and can I just say arrived from stateside for the game - looking forward to it!

DobsonThomasSteven
23-10-2015, 07:13 PM
Arfield couldn't play that role and Darikwa's pace and athletism would be essential if we were to play with a three in midfield.

Interesting debate though. There aren't many on here lately.

thedonz
23-10-2015, 08:37 PM
I agree about the debate demise in recent months.
Doubt that will change though as it appears to me that for some it is easier to jump on other posts than construct an argument of their own. Shame really its gone that far because it spoils what for me used to be a great messageboard.

I still read out of habit though and every now and then i find a thread worth the effort to post.

Some good posters have either gone or don't come on as much.