PDA

View Full Version : Neil Redfearn -head screwed on

celticmiller
23-10-2015, 10:21 PM
He seems to know what he's doing, have a good tactical brain and doesn't mind changing a formation if need be. Not that I know owt.

kempo
23-10-2015, 10:24 PM
1-2

millertop
24-10-2015, 08:46 AM
I would agree but keep playing Green is a mistake we can't afford

jolly_roger
24-10-2015, 10:47 AM
Maybe, maybe not but there's enough dead wood at the club to have a cracking bonfire on November 5th.

Quite a few candidates to be the guy.

Raised ont Tivoli, d
24-10-2015, 12:47 PM
How is he getting it right tactically 1 point from three games. playing that silly diamond in midfield with no width just inviting the full backs up the pitch, the first goal last night was a perfect example, no winger tracking back when Tofolo is covering for cb, unmarked easy tap in. People keep saying these players aren't good enough, Redfern says we need help so why complicate things stick to what where good at play a flat 4 4 2 go out there show plenty of passion and have a go, if we go down, we go down fighting not like last night that just wasn't Rotherham

MarkThomas
24-10-2015, 01:10 PM
I don't think our formation had anything to do with their goals. They used speed of thought and pace to getthe ball forwards very quickly twice and got into our box before we got sucked into mistakes. Our mistakes were due to our repeated tendency of ball watching. As Thorpe made the mistake of missing his chance to clear the ball Collins and Toffolo went towards the ball leaving their player completely unmarked for a gift of a tap in. Buxton completely lost all sight of his player to leave us hopelessly exposed at the far post for their second.

andy_miller72
24-10-2015, 01:17 PM
Thorpe obviously made the error for the first goal but was trying to do what redfearn has asked them to. He praised the way we played our way out of trouble on Tuesday. If that's the way you play occasionally you'll get caught out and be punished. In terms of our formation, I think it's the poor quality of the wide players that forces us to play the diamond. Newell apart, they're all poor. I don't think either manager has had faith in white, ledesma or maguire

Ericsladkilnhurst
24-10-2015, 05:36 PM
He seems to know what he's doing, have a good tactical brain and doesn't mind changing a formation if need be. Not that I know owt.

His head screwed on ?, if so he got it Cross-threaded. !

kevthemaltbymiller
24-10-2015, 07:39 PM
Thorpe obviously made the error for the first goal but was trying to do what redfearn has asked them to. He praised the way we played our way out of trouble on Tuesday. If that's the way you play occasionally you'll get caught out and be punished. In terms of our formation, I think it's the poor quality of the wide players that forces us to play the diamond. Newell apart, they're all poor. I don't think either manager has had faith in white, ledesma or maguirei

My thoughts exactly, and we always like to play a deep midfielder in front of the back four and if we play Andreu (who isn't a box to box midfielder) in his best position which is in the hole behind the front two, a diamond formation is the only option we really have 41212.
However another option I think we could try with the players we have Is 352 which turns into 532 when defending and 31312 when attacking.
The team could be Broadfoot, Rawson, Collins,
Buxton, F

andy_miller72
25-10-2015, 08:13 AM
To play 3 centre halves the 2 outside ones need to have pace as at times they need to cover out wide. Don't think you could do it with broadfoot and Collins. I also don't think Buxton is good enough going forward to play as a wing back. Not saying it's not worth trying just not with the personnel listed !

Away from home I'd play JCH with andreu off him. I'd then play Smallwood & Thorpe in front of the back 4 with newell coming in for green