PDA

View Full Version : Get yer wallet out TS and get

kempo
24-10-2015, 07:36 PM
Us out of this mess.

You keep talking about the promised land so get some cash on the table.

Redfearn has inherited a relegation side so give him the instruments to carry out some drastic surgery and repair work.

So far you have not listened to my money advice and look where we are.

Speculate to accumulate if you have some cash...If you haven't then get an investor in or sell up.

Contrary to some numpty views on here it's imperative that we stay up.

Get that wallet prised open and give NR some cash and he will get us out of this mess.

You didn't get where you are by being a quitter and you know how to take a risk.

Get that money in and Redders will get you out of this mess.

Don't listen to the wife, get that wallet out and take a risk like the old days.

You've got too comfy with a bit of success, puffing on those cigars but it's now time for action.

You are the big chief so accept responsibility for what's happened and splash that cash..Go on, take a ri

BradfordFozzie
24-10-2015, 07:41 PM
As I've just said in a previous post TS said when we were looking for a new manager that contrary to popular belief we have a healthy transfer budget.

kempo
24-10-2015, 07:52 PM
No help to us keeping it under the mattress....Needs to spend it and get us out of this mess.

caytonmiller
24-10-2015, 07:53 PM
dont worry about the cash m8. new player due and 2 others on the horizon.. all three are players we could afford and neil is looking at sim deal we had to capture frecks (loan with intention of permanent) lets see if NR purchases are better than SE...

one question i wish i had asked was regards lafferty.. why this player is onloan at oldham is beyond me

Pocket rocket
24-10-2015, 08:28 PM
He already has Kempo and fat boy wasted it oh and by the way don't think TS listens to you nobody tells TS what to do

Rileyev2
24-10-2015, 10:54 PM
I agree with Mr K.

Investment is needed and healthy budget or not, it's the lowest in the Championship by a tatty field.

As Mr Burns says...

Release the pounds!!!!!

walter10
25-10-2015, 03:18 AM
The same thing was being said to Ken Booth last time we were in the Championship. It got to the point where Booth had had enough, put it up for sale, sold to muppets05 and the rest is history. Be careful of what you wish for.

kempo
25-10-2015, 08:34 AM
Glad to hear that cayton..I've noted that you get some accurate info.

Let's hope we spend enough for some quality.

Don't get me wrong, TS can't spend money if he ain't got any but he needs a plan to get some.

I see no evidence that he accepts that his dreams are impossible on our present budget.

andy_miller72
25-10-2015, 08:44 AM
All this Evans wasted the budget talk again. You can only sign players you can afford AND want to come. lots of people on here were happy with the signings pre season. we also now have conflicting talk of signing too many players alongside not having a big enough squad - it can't be both

With our budget any manager will struggle to get us anywhere near mid table, that's the bottom line. TS is the best chairman we've had in my time but he can't spend what we haven't got. Fans need to be realistic of what can be achieved

Rileyev2
25-10-2015, 09:32 AM
Please don't anyone else mention Tony Stewart and the Scrapman in the same breath again, a complete insult to our current chairman.

I don't want to risk the future of the club either but don't think Tony Stewart would for a minute.

However if we seriously want to stay at this level, we need more quality and that costs money, lots of it.

If we don't get more quality, eventually this season or one in the near future we will pay for it with relegation.

Plain and simple facts I'm afraid.

Oh and don't be taken in with the "put the kettle on I would have kept Rotherham in the Championship for 10 years on the lowest budget from old Stevie" because there's no way he would have.

andy_miller72
25-10-2015, 09:41 AM
Look how weds have progressed with the new investment. Last year gray did well with what he had but they've now moved to another level being able to sign players like bannan and foristieri, probably spelt wrong!! They now have mcgugan on the bench, he'd walk into our side

kempo
25-10-2015, 09:59 AM
A great example Andy.....Dramatic improvement brought about by significant extra investment.

Exactly what we need.

Relegation would be disastrous and I really don't understand those who seem to welcome this.

Barnsley, Doncaster and even Sheff United are great examples of the dangers of relegation.

Car boot sales and a plastic bus tunnel just don't inspire me on the investment front.

TS has a plan I assume when he talks about improvement to even challenge for the Premiership but he seems reluctant to reveal the plan.

I don't subscribe to blind faith.

Owners of companies should be openly questioned and should be transparent re their plans.

Supporters should be treated the same way as shareholders and kept well informed re developments and future strategies.

Not spending beyond our present means is prudent but is a relegation plan not a Premiership plan.

So I ask again...This. Is where we are...TS states he aims to challenge for the Promised Land( not L1 I as

Ericsladkilnhurst
25-10-2015, 10:04 AM
Redfearn has to be given a chance to sort out which players are good for Rotherham United, then other players not in his plans need to be off loaded. Its no good saying lets buy this & that, when you buy a house you have a structural examination, to find any instability in the building, before putting up the money.
This is what Redfearn is doing with the current Millers squad, checking which players are good enough to be in the side, then set about replacements, while also getting rid of the deadwood.
Steve Evans did a good job for the Millers, be it he used a lot of players, some that he bought for this season have not come to a standard we require to keep us in the championship,so they need to come off the wage bill.
Redfearn should be given a few more games to try to form which positions he needs new blood, while trying to get the current squad firing on all cylinders.
We keep reading about non-league forwards who are scoring goals, being signed up by clubs, have we scouts

andy_miller72
25-10-2015, 10:28 AM
I don't know kempo! I think we missed an opportunity with the retail units. This is now our 4th season and these remain empty. We also had big plans for the training ground these also seemed to have been shelved. It looks to me like all the money has been put into the first team and keeping us up. Weds are a different beast, a big club who could survive and prosper in the prem giving investors a return - something that is unlikely here due to fanbase size

caytonmiller
25-10-2015, 10:28 AM
A great example Andy.....Dramatic improvement brought about by significant extra investment.

Exactly what we need.

?

im of the opposite thinking regards Andys comment. wednesdays budget last season was over twice the amount we had to spend. this season it could be 3x. with crowds of 10k avg, it wouldn't be long before we were in financial difficulties if a investor was to plough 5-10 million per season into the club. infact would the FPR allow this?

andy_miller72
25-10-2015, 10:43 AM
I don't think any of us think similar investment would be available to us. But to stay at this level we need to find a way of bringing more money in, more than buses and car boots

caytonmiller
25-10-2015, 11:17 AM
empty retail shops and the eyesore G&C will always hinder and development around the stadium. TBH im not sure what the answer would be. how could you attract people and family's to gather around the stadium 2-3 hours before match days?

Pocket rocket
25-10-2015, 11:45 AM
We're not a big club end of does anyone know how much TS has invested ??

If I read some of the comments on here if I was him I'd give up. Talking about getting investors in maybe he's tried but reality is were a little club and I wouldn't imagine a very attractive prospect for investors to us we are yes but were biast business men don't think the same as us.

Maybe all these little things like the new players tunnel is all we can do.

I do agree Kempo that it is at times conflicting stories but for me I trust TS I mean where would we be without him.

andy_miller72
25-10-2015, 11:54 AM
TS has done more for the club than any of us would have thought possible when he took charge. Unfortunately the way football is structured it's pretty much impossible for clubs of our size to compete at this level. We are the smallest club in this league by some distance.

Personally I accept this, I don't like it but see that whoever is the manager you're going to struggle with our budget against teams with up to 12 times the wage bill.

I honestly don't know the answer, some compare us to Bournemouth but their budget was competitive at this level ours simply isn't - it will be the highest wage bill the club has ever had though. I think we just have to hang in there and try and get extra income in somehow

mikemiller
25-10-2015, 11:55 AM
If TS DOES get his wallet out, we don/t want any more injury prone players - recent signings Roos, the three ex-Wednesday players, D.Ward, Newell ...
(plus, sadly, Frecklington too may be reaching the end of his Millers career due to injury).
Thankfully Roos has been replaced by Camp now
They may have been cheap(?) signings, but they have missed too many games,so it's not really been a cost effective strategy
Unfortunately, Neil Redfearn has inhertited a squad with a lot of crocks in it - thanks SE!

andy_miller72
25-10-2015, 12:15 PM
Newell has only missed last 2 games can't really call him a crock & Buxton hasn't missed since the 2nd game - admittedly he hasn't been great. Agree with frecks, his playing history also suggests this level is above him. Like a lot the players we had - they were great league 1 players but struggled in this league. We've struggled to replace them with much better though and we'll be paying them significantly more

scum_triumphant
25-10-2015, 01:39 PM
It's a bit of a moot point seeing as we can't sign any players until January.
Would be a bit daft to announce a healthy transfer budget now. It would allow clubs to hold us to ransom when the window does open.
I think he'll need to shift some big earning non playing squad members such as Halford, White and Ledesma.

millavanilla
25-10-2015, 03:34 PM
Im not happy at where we are, no rotherham fan is..people moan all the time, were not at don valley, we ended up with a ground that my dead mate never saw and if he could come back today he wouldnt believe it..we got two promotions and went to wembley again..were still in the championship and fighting to stay up as always..weve got a chairman who has bankrolled us and saved us from going under..its no good using the massives as an example for investment..they can get 30thousand in when theyre playing well..ours is 10 tops...i dont care where that lot end up..let them get up and get hammered every week..thats their business..our business is ours and thats it..tony stewart is a business man..then that just shows how lucky we are..because nobody can make money out of rotherham united..count your blessings..

tom12026
26-10-2015, 04:28 PM
I have read the above statements with interest but no-one has mentioned the S>E. effect.Perhaps a lot of players just would not come because of HIM-not money or other reasons.Just a thought.

millavanilla
26-10-2015, 08:49 PM
Its a good point tom..theres been 1 or 2 i think..scott shearer for 1..but then again, coming from crawley, hes going to come isnt he..

andy_miller72
26-10-2015, 09:36 PM
We haven't had a problem with signing players though have we?

If you think we will suddenly sign top championship players just because SE has gone I think you'll be in for a shock

CAMiller
26-10-2015, 10:19 PM
Kempo - It's always easy to spend another man's money - just ask Mrs CA XD XD

kempo
27-10-2015, 08:33 AM
That's absolutely true CA.