PDA

View Full Version : Championship standard

corkcityclaret59
02-11-2015, 05:45 PM
Can't understand our present form and how we are second in the league, our style of play,much admired by all who love the game has faded and the only reason I can think of is SD doing something radical with our style of play or is the Championship standard poor this year,looking at some of the squads of our rivals this year, it's unlikely but is it worth a thought

pushpinpussy
02-11-2015, 06:02 PM
oh no not again. the negative brigade will be with you very very soon. as soon has their anti depressants have settled. hold on tight pal.

claret78
02-11-2015, 06:05 PM
I might as well be the first then.

I honestly think the whole of English football has regressed over the last few years. Starting at the top and filtering down.

Wasn't impressed with many teams in 13:14. The premier league IMO was the worst for years last season and I haven't really seen a lot of impressive performances this year either.

corkcityclaret59
02-11-2015, 06:31 PM
Not negative (push),just interested in people's opinions and who the F--k are you to be shouting people down?

The Bedlington Terrier
02-11-2015, 06:39 PM
We are now officially in the top three/bottom three of the Championship and Premier League tables. The lucre is lovely. leave us alone please? Happy to yo-yo.

pushpinpussy
02-11-2015, 06:53 PM
nothing positive in your op corky

minniemouth
02-11-2015, 07:27 PM
I'm not sure if the standard of football is worse but the entertainment even down to league2(4th division to me) is excellent. Anybody who endured the 70s when teams set up for a point can only be delighted. Most teams now get the ball down and pass. It's faster and just a great spectacle. Shame the standard of refereeing hasn't matched the players but it's always been that way.

1959_60
02-11-2015, 08:29 PM
I well remember the even greater negativity on here at the start of our last promotion season.
"I'll give Dyche till November"..."When are we going to sign anyone decent?"..."Bloody hell, we've extended Marney's contract"... " Scott Arfield? He couldn't even get in Huddersfield's team" ..."Duff is well past it"..."Vokes will never make it and Ings has done nothing yet"
And when Austin left just before the season started a lot of people tipped us for the drop.

The negativity lasted till just about now, the beginning of November when people started to realise that perhaps we weren't such a bad team at all.

Its a bloody good job Sean and the lads have more belief and I know who I would rather go on a long walking holiday with.

wickdkewlclaret
02-11-2015, 08:32 PM
Good post 1959_60, nail hit squarely on it's head!

clarethomer07
02-11-2015, 08:34 PM
Technically we are joint second according to radio lancs.... Even though our league position has a 3 next to it.

stacky_claret
02-11-2015, 08:34 PM
What a load of bo*****s XD XD XD XD
did you go on Saturday ? If you did did you watch ?
Why don't you support Barcelona or Real Madrid or someone you might enjoy that better

LClaret
02-11-2015, 09:18 PM
We played really well last season - didn't get jack...

We're playing OK this season and getting better as the team gels PLUS we're winning as well = moaning.

corkcityclaret59
02-11-2015, 09:30 PM
Your a bit of a Langer,(stacky) lol

BennyD
02-11-2015, 09:51 PM
We must be doing ok because I haven't seen SAM_WELL and Moltisanti posting since the Reading game.

ribblevalleyclaret
02-11-2015, 10:14 PM
How anyone can still be so negative about life at Bfc is beyond me. After the Ipswich defeat we were going to do a Wigan according to some and even now it seems half the board are desperate to see us lose. If we keep on winning it apparently proves how rubbish the state of football is! Good point about the 1970s although the atmosphere at certain games could be unreal the negative tactics employed by away teams could be stifling with constant back passes to the keeper to claim what was then a precious away point. For a Burnley fan life can hardly get any better, two consecutive wins against Rovers, 15000 plus home fans probably the most exciting raw talent I've seen in 3o years banging in the goals. Fulham next who have an absolutely appalling record at the Turf let's see how Sean and the boys deal with that challenge. I'm one of those who has a sneaking feeling that the stronger the opposition the better we will do.

stacky_claret
02-11-2015, 11:30 PM
Cork city I would suggest your post makes you a bit of a langer mate lol
We played very well on Saturday hence my question did you attend

corkcityclaret59
02-11-2015, 11:37 PM
Haven't seen a game this season my friend

corkcityclaret59
02-11-2015, 11:47 PM
Haven't seen a game live this season my friend,can only go on what I read and the games on t.v. but I've been doing this for fifty years.lots of fans do it. Strange phenomenon but one does aquire a certain amount of knowledge of your team after a while and people like you (stocky) won't stop me airing my opinion

stacky_claret
03-11-2015, 12:24 AM
I have no wish to do that ccc it is a forum for discussion,that's what keeps it going ?
I am just at a loss as to why people (not just yourself by the way) think we didn't play well at weekend
Some people think the standard has got easier in this league but I would say it gets more difficult each season and will continue to do so with the money flying around these days

domclaret
03-11-2015, 07:47 AM
Its really hurting some on here the lack of a loss, they can't wait to hammer away on here following a defeat, so now it's poor performances (from what someone has read not seen) or poor goal difference.

Least cork has managed a sentence or 2 without his Ward crusade being aired.

billyhamilton82
03-11-2015, 08:46 AM
I have noticed that the standard in the Championship is more technical and tactical than previously not necessarily better or worse.

The only team I've seen come out at us this season is Milton Keynes (and Reading in the first ten minutes), every other team have played a very tactical game.

Partly because of our new reputation as being one of the "big boys" I suppose that was always going to happen but even in the promotion season teams were never this tactical to point of being negative.

The other thing is personnel. Ings played in the hole a lot creating space whilst Trippier bombed down the wing often opening teams up.

This season SD has worked with the players we have and we are much more one dimensional relying on the strength, pace and power of Gray, but IMO we are much more solid and the tactics we are playing now can easily adapt to the Premier League.

Quickenthetempo
03-11-2015, 09:21 AM
The entertainment in English football is shocking at the moment. Everyone seems to hide behind the 'winning is all that matters' line.

Ironically it seemed to start by the sky pundits convincing us the fans were only happy with wins and playing well didn't matter.

I would think the average fan wants entertaining wins and would be happy with say 5 or 6 dug in wins a season.

The Bedlington Terrier
03-11-2015, 01:58 PM
SKY's Everton 6 v Sunderland 2 on Sunday was anything but boring!