PDA

View Full Version : O/t Diving in Sharm gone t..it's up.

kempo
04-11-2015, 09:59 PM
Holiday in Sharm booked for 19th.

What do I do now?

jolly_roger
04-11-2015, 10:01 PM
Skeggy

kempo
04-11-2015, 10:05 PM
Mrs K blaming me..got reight face on..where's the logic in that?

sawmiller
04-11-2015, 10:20 PM
take skydiving lessons, a parachute and kevlar clothing

Geetarman
04-11-2015, 10:42 PM
Holiday in Sharm booked for 19th.

What do I do now?

Panic..loving it. Serves you right for booking the "Egyptian Skeggy"

caytonmiller
05-11-2015, 12:03 AM
send zilzal in your place. obv still send the mrs

millavanilla
05-11-2015, 07:30 AM
send zilzal in your place. obv still send the mrs

Good idea cayton..all he has to do is change from dr kemp into mr zil.... :D

gramiller1959
05-11-2015, 07:37 AM
the holiday company should offer an alternative ! failing that claim on your insurance.

on a more serious note its a very worrying time at the minute, if it turns out airport staff have planted something or turned a blind eye to what someone else has taken on board :(

English security staff on there way now to clear people to come home, expensive time if your not on a package holiday :/ extended hol for them that are !

add to this the scam in manila of planting bullets to extort money it makes you wonder where your safe :(

the best one I heard on a flight to the Caribbean was a pilot who announced " please listen to the safety advice carefully in case we have to do an emergency landing in the ocean :O and then added "but don't worry if the crash does not kill you the sharks will XD - view external link (http://viewfromthewing.boardingarea.com/2015/11/01/airport-security-extorting-passengers-by-planting-bullets-in-luggage/)

millavanilla
05-11-2015, 07:56 AM
the holiday company should offer an alternative ! failing that claim on your insurance.

on a more serious note its a very worrying time at the minute, if it turns out airport staff have planted something or turned a blind eye to what someone else has taken on board :(

English security staff on there way now to clear people to come home, expensive time if your not on a package holiday :/ extended hol for them that are !

add to this the scam in manila of planting bullets to extort money it makes you wonder where your safe :(

the best one I heard on a flight to the Caribbean was a pilot who announced " please listen to the safety advice carefully in case we have to do an emergency landing in the ocean :O and then added "but don't worry if the crash does not kill you the sharks will XD

XD XD XD

kempo
05-11-2015, 08:59 AM
For anyone else in a similar position...Assuming Foreign office advice stays the same then your tour operator/ airline must refund your money/ postpone your holiday until a later date or give an alternative holiday.

The choice of the above is yours not theirs!..so money back for me.

Your insurance does not insure you for this..infact if you travel then your insurance will be invalid.

Of course like myself you may have booked car parking plus uk hotel for a night and this will be a loss if you don't use it unless you have taken extra insurance..travel insurance does not cover it

Nice to see someone like Geeter so happy that I have missed a holiday re this....sad man.

jolly_roger
05-11-2015, 09:07 AM
The lax security at these airports is well known so a small part of the blame is with the customer for choosing that destination.

But in today's world safety comes second to compensation.

millertop
05-11-2015, 09:15 AM
Stick to good old british holidays, Scotland is nice this time of year ;) Loch Ness for diving?

kempo
05-11-2015, 09:21 AM
Scapa flow for diving

Ericsladkilnhurst
05-11-2015, 04:06 PM
M*ff diving in the County Borough, take precautions gargle with Dettol :P

tom12026
05-11-2015, 05:45 PM
Can,t understand "diving gone t..its up".I thought you dived face(t..its) down.;D

gramiller1959
05-11-2015, 05:58 PM
its very worrying :( my youngest does multiple cheap hols per year .. ie this year he has been to alcudia then Tunisia and turkey but if this plane has been brought down with an explosion who will feel safe anywhere were they could gain access to the plane :s Tunisia is in deep poo poo the Turkish are babing themselves that nothing happens there as they rely so much on the holiday trade :/

shame the russians wernt so upset when they shot down the Malaysian plane in the Ukraine !

mygiddypant
05-11-2015, 10:00 PM
Nice to see all those kids getting a longer holiday.