PDA

View Full Version : 1 from 18 and what a woeful team selection today…...

Brin
07-11-2015, 04:38 PM
6 games in you'd think Redfearn would have a certain idea of who's who and are his best players….

By all means blast my post but tell me how he chose the following to play:

D.Ward for JCH

Green for Smallwood

G Ward for Andreu

Thorpe for Newell

Look at the way we attempted to get back into the game once JCH and Smallwood came on….why couldn't they have started?

That was a very poor team selection hold your hand up Redfearn and admit you got it wrong…..

Enough of the excuses…..

a123
07-11-2015, 04:40 PM
They're not his players so it's not his fault!!!

Absolute garbage its time for him to start earning his wages and get a team out on to the pitch that at least competes for the full 90 minutes.

Pocket rocket
07-11-2015, 05:03 PM
Brin

I said the same as soon as I saw line up.

Really poor today shouldn't boo green though he was terrible yes but so were a lot of others.

What worries me is that he leaves all our players with any creativity on bench.

It's too early to replace him though

gorky
07-11-2015, 05:12 PM
It's not too early to replace him. Any longer and it could be too late.

Pocket rocket
07-11-2015, 05:14 PM
With who Gorky they are still poor players aren't they ??

Brin
07-11-2015, 05:17 PM
Pocket…thing is it was 'his' starting 11 today and he got that woefully wrong….

I wonder how it would have panned out had JCH and Smallwood with possibly Newell also in the side starting from the off?

Look how it changed once JCH/Smallwood came on…says it all really…..

Snowball
07-11-2015, 05:17 PM
Completely agree with the original post. I was underwhelmed when Redefearn came in & it's becoming harder and harder to stay positive.

The team selections are absolutely baffling. I just can't understand why Newell, Smallwood & Andreu didn't start today. In-fact I reckon all six outfield players who were on the bench should have started.

There is ZERO chance that we would have put in such a gutless performance under Evans, after two away defeats. At the very least he would have had the team fired up, the lack of fight was appalling & I think it says a lot about Redearn as well as the players. Who knows, it might help if he stopped telling everyone they weren't his players every other day!

Hope I turn out to be wrong, but I think Tony Stewart has made a massive mistake.

gorky
07-11-2015, 05:42 PM
The players aren't that bad. In particular the ones on the bench. As snowball says, there is absolutely no motivation in them. It's depressing.

mikemiller
07-11-2015, 05:56 PM
Brin team selection makes much more sense than team actually picked today

jolly_roger
07-11-2015, 06:03 PM
In Redfearn's defence he hasn't seen as many games as we have so is heavily influenced by training session performances.

When I saw today's team I thought it was a clear message to those left out, on the bench you've got half a chance, not there at all then you're history. It would have worked if those on the pitch had justified their selection.

Bizarrely Camp let 5 goals in but had a very decent game.

Goal or no goal I still can't see what Derbyshire brings to the party.

kempo
07-11-2015, 06:30 PM
Agree completely with brin.

The players are mediocre at best but Redfearn managed to pick the worst team possible.

I don't know what the answer is...Personally I blame TS.....He must take responsibility but he appears to be reluctant to give an explanation as to what has happened.

Green and Danny Ward simply should not start any game...fans are unanimous on that one.

Black....no evidence that he has achieved anything with us or anyone else.. A mystery.

Redfearn seems fidgety, nervous..a bit like a rabbit in the headlights and surprisingly out of his depth.

I repeat that for someone like myself who is a good problem solver...I have no answers to this shambles but the blame lies at the feet of TS.

redhouse
07-11-2015, 06:44 PM
4 or possibly 5 of the substitutes should have been in the starting line up today

IMO

TMiller
07-11-2015, 06:46 PM
he keeps leaving out andreu which i just can't fathom. where is Mattock?

Newell should be in there, we all know that. JCH not starting after he was the only one last week who wasn't completely garbage was a joke.

Redfearns team selections seem to be a long way away from what the fans think. Not that we should pick the team but it's strange that most of our opinions are sooooo far away from that of the manager

fivetide
07-11-2015, 06:46 PM
Brin and snowball spot on. They might not be redfearns players but he picked the starting team and those on the bench were much better.

Redfearn complained after the Derby match that there was no effort. Today. Wad even worse.

We passed back to camp so often in the first half it was untrue. The reason? No one wanted the ball. No tackling, no passing, nothing. Gave them five goals. We never turned up. That is the management. No surprise an experienced manager in SE has turned the team round and got them winning.

dmentor
07-11-2015, 06:52 PM
That performance today,was the worst of the season for me,it totally lacked any commitment what so ever,why Redfearn keeps swapping and changing the team around is baffling to say the least,when he is being interviewed,he is sounding like a Sunday league pub side manager,he seems so far out of his depth its untrue,how he is going to set about turning this around,i just do not know,with the players he has at his disposal,i am sure we are not as bad as that performance such as today,it just makes me wonder if he is capable of putting a side out that can win a game,we are a side bereft of confidence,and after today,you can hardly see things improving,it does seem ridiculous that we should be looking to change the manager,but what alternative will TS have,Redfearn has to take full responsibility for that dire showing today,the way he set the team up,and the players he picked,spelled disaster,at least when he changed it around at half time there was a bit of fight about us,but the damage w

luvpud
07-11-2015, 06:59 PM
Agree completely with brin.

The players are mediocre at best but Redfearn managed to pick the worst team possible.

I don't know what the answer is...Personally I blame TS.....He must take responsibility but he appears to be reluctant to give an explanation as to what has happened.

Green and Danny Ward simply should not start any game...fans are unanimous on that one.

Black....no evidence that he has achieved anything with us or anyone else.. A mystery.

Redfearn seems fidgety, nervous..a bit like a rabbit in the headlights and surprisingly out of his depth.

I repeat that for someone like myself who is a good problem solver...I have no answers to this shambles but the blame lies at the feet of TS.j

I wish we had a realy realy like coz your 100% spot on with all this button .

redhouse
07-11-2015, 07:03 PM
Every pass in the first half was either a lump forward to nobody in particular ( and people wonder why Derbyshire is struggling )

Or a chip or flick in the air to a player that has to be controlled before anything can be done with it

At least in the second half we had the personnel to try and keep it on the floor and pass to feet hence the improvement

That is purely down to team selection I'm afraid :blue: