PDA

View Full Version : Tony Stewart did not leave at half-time

Habbin76
07-11-2015, 09:34 PM
There is some reight gumpf talked on here. TS got up from his seat when then 2nd goal went in and went to his box at the back. He was in his seat later on in the second half. To the Redfearn out brigade - give the guy a break - I know it was horrendous today but he has only been here 2 minutes! We were always going to have the backlash from the NYS newbies\returnees when we stopped winning every week. To the ones who reply by saying 'I've been going since World War One' etc - well then you should know better considering the real *bleep*e you must've seen over the years.

Really, we went up too early and are giving it a go. If we trust TS (and I do) to run the club sensibly not throw money at more managers\expensive players then if we do go down we will still be in a decent position rather then potential bankruptcy.

People need to think then think again before knee jerk jibes at TS -be careful what you wish for

Norma Snockers
07-11-2015, 09:40 PM
^^^^^^ The most sensible post for months!!! ^^^^^^

gramiller1959
07-11-2015, 09:42 PM
anyBody giving TS knee jerk jibes NEED A RAGMANS TRUMPET

a123
07-11-2015, 09:43 PM
Total and utter garbage.

Why should we accept the garbage we have be witnessing over the last few games.

If there was any sign of discernible progress then the voices of dissent would be a lot less.

The fact that game on game, week on week things are getting worse is of major concern.

millertop
07-11-2015, 09:47 PM
There is some reight gumpf talked on here. TS got up from his seat when then 2nd goal went in and went to his box at the back. He was in his seat later on in the second half. To the Redfearn out brigade - give the guy a break - I know it was horrendous today but he has only been here 2 minutes! We were always going to have the backlash from the NYS newbies\returnees when we stopped winning every week. To the ones who reply by saying 'I've been going since World War One' etc - well then you should know better considering the real *bleep*e you must've seen over the years.

Really, we went up too early and are giving it a go. If we trust TS (and I do) to run the club sensibly not throw money at more managers\expensive players then if we do go down we will still be in a decent position rather then potential bankruptcy.

People need to think then think again before knee jerk jibes at TS -be careful what you wish for

Correct th

Amanda_Hugg_n_Kiss
07-11-2015, 09:49 PM
If you choose not accept it what do you do?

sota
07-11-2015, 09:50 PM

Hear hear. Well said fella.

Habbin76
07-11-2015, 09:51 PM
The 'last few games' bit is what I am talking about. Evans did great with the rollercoaster and got us to where we are now. The flip side is it was done at a big cost and unsustainable for a club of our size. They are now trying to build long term. This might mean we go backwards for a bit. We don't need to turn into a comedy club like Sheff United

a123
07-11-2015, 09:54 PM
Sheffield United are exactly the point. Some of our fans seem to think we will easily waltz out of league 1 if we go down. Ask any Blades fans you know how much they are enjoying their 6th season in league one!!!

loyalmiller
07-11-2015, 09:56 PM
Habbin, don't come on here talking sense mate, you'll be burnt at the stake for heresy!

sota
07-11-2015, 10:13 PM
a123, why would a few years consolidating in league one be so bad? Surely, in the grand scheme of things, it's still early days in our recovery from our darkest period ? Sheff Utd are a different kettle of fish.

jolly_roger
07-11-2015, 10:19 PM
The Habbin that played for us was also a dick wasn't he?

a123
07-11-2015, 10:23 PM
I'm not saying that it is, we've got to live within our means and whilst the club is solely being bank rolled by TS purely and simply we are punching above our weight and cannot compete in the Championship.

It just amazes me that there seems to be an attitude from a number of posters that it doesn't matter if we go down we'll go straight back up.

I'm just using Sheffield United a bigger club with bigger resources who have found it far more difficult to get out of league one than their fans would have imagined following their relegation from the Championship.

I'd rather be relegated and build a sustainable future in league 1 than over spend and face administration again as I'm not convinced that even following that approach will save this season.

We have got to build a squad that is ours with a medium and longer term vision, with developing our own players.

Where would Ronnie have been without Paul Hurst, Ian Breckin, Paul Dillon, Chris Sedgwick, Andy Monkhouse, Shaun Bar

sota
07-11-2015, 10:23 PM
On what foundation have you built that logic Rodge?

loyalmiller
07-11-2015, 10:33 PM
Strange that youd Paul Dillon who didn't really do much in a misfiring Ronnie Moore side and retired through injury early in the season that we got promoted, more so with Ian Breckin who left the club a few weeks after Ronnie took over..

a123
07-11-2015, 10:38 PM
Whooosh misses point totally.

When you've feck all money you need to develop your own.

Also realised I missed off David Artell as well, no doubt you'll point out he cam back after his first season as an overweight fat fecker who Ronnie then shipped out of the club.

andy_miller72
07-11-2015, 10:40 PM
If Evans went due to his working methods being unsustainable, I can accept that. TS has been without doubt the best chairman in my lifetime. My only grumble is appointing an inexperienced manager - he may be a good coach and great at bringing young players through but first team football is completely different. The team selections and tactics have been poor. we were always going to find it tough but the level of performances are not acceptable

fivetide
07-11-2015, 10:46 PM
The issue for me is long term, develop your own and employ someone to do it. But, at the same time you need a motivator, someone who the players will run through a wall for. Redfearn has been a full manager for what? 20 games? So less than a season. He is the man who can do the first part but maybe not the second. Long term though, redfearn is a better option. What we really need is something between the two.

loyalmiller
07-11-2015, 10:52 PM
Whooosh misses point totally.

When you've feck all money you need to develop your own.

Also realised I missed off David Artell as well, no doubt you'll point out he cam back after his first season as an overweight fat fecker who Ronnie then shipped out of the club.

Didn't miss your point. thought it went without saying so didn't comment on that part.

I agree totally and posted on a different thread that if Redfearn is a long term appointment then we'll probably go down and don't expect to bounce back anytime soon.

Just wondered why youd 2 players as Ronnie's saviours when 1 played no part at all and the other only a very small part.

andy_miller72
07-11-2015, 11:04 PM
I agree with fivetide to some extent. We needdd to overall the youth setup, redfearn may be the man for that. He had no track record whatsoever as a manager and it's showing. Youth football the focus is on development and how many players come through. Results are secondary. It's the complete opposite with the first team

ashbynick
08-11-2015, 08:22 AM
Tony Stewart left his seat because he felt that he needed to take immediate action to stop the downward trend in performances. He felt that it was clear that the team were playing with a distinct lack of confidence and would benefit from playing a friendly during the International break against a team who would provide less of a test than a championship club. So far, Chelsea have not replied to his e-mail request...

Rileyev2
08-11-2015, 08:27 AM

kempo
08-11-2015, 09:14 AM
Tony Stewart leaving at half time was reported by radio Sheffield reporter doing Praise or Grumble and he was doing the prog live from the ground so it has a degree of reliability.

I don't like the way the opening poster and others suppress questioning and criticism.
This is especially pertinent when we have a regime run by close knit family members and a club that at least once appear to have exerted influence on the local media re their reporting.

I say the above with full recognition of what the Stewarts have done for the club and great appreciation of that.

Something however has gone dreadfully wrong and I feel that supporters should be better informed.

It's time for TS to make a detailed and full statement and then the club will get the support of the fans.

The fans will walk if this does not happen.

On L 1 , I am astonished re the acceptance and even promotion of the relegation idea being not a bad thing.
It would be a total disaster and we would probably lang

owlerlane
08-11-2015, 09:56 AM
Last Friday's Tiser, back page lead

the_idiotb_stardson
08-11-2015, 10:19 AM
Habin is correct. Tony Stewart didn't leave....we could all see him in his box. All that happened is he left his seat to go in his box....which happens a lot.

Radio Sheffield, then pick up on the rumour and broadcast it without checking their facts.

Deepmidwinter
08-11-2015, 10:28 AM
Habin is correct. Tony Stewart didn't leave....we could all see him in his box. All that happened is he left his seat to go in his box....which happens a lot.

Radio Sheffield, then pick up on the rumour and broadcast it without checking their facts.

That doesn't sound like Radio Sheffield!

BradfordFozzie
08-11-2015, 10:29 AM
TS was waiting for his 'Tony Tony give us a wave' song in the first half and quickly realised that wasn't going to happen so he *bleep*ed off into his box.

Deepmidwinter
08-11-2015, 11:04 AM
I thought the "kop" would be half empty for the start of the second half as people were leaving in droves after their third goal went in. But it looks as though they just wanted to get in the queue for pies.

Timbertop
08-11-2015, 01:45 PM
The rumour that he had left the ground was all over the west stand concourse at half time. Everybody seemed to know about. maybe he had gone to his car to fetch something and somebody made the wrong assumption.

kempo
09-11-2015, 08:52 AM
Paul Davis in the Star also says that TS left at half time.

Maybe Habbin is correct but I tend to prefer the statements from the local press rather than views on here.

If Tony did leave, I certainly don't blame him, I nearly left myself.