PDA

View Full Version : Club Shops

ClaretTony2014
12-11-2015, 10:23 AM
I thought it worth comment on the state of our two clubs shops given that around a year or so ago I was very critical of the state of them.

I called up at the Turf yesterday to get some Cardiff tickets and was later in town so had a look in both the shops.

A year ago this week, 13th November to be precise on the day we hosted the under-21 international, I met David Baldwin for the first time and it was in the club shop. He asked me what I thought of it and I told him exactly what I'd posted on here about it. It was, in my opinion, appalling. It was like a cheap market stall and most of the stuff in there had no real connection with BFC.

One year on and what a difference. It's not perfect, and Rome wasn't built in a day. But well done to all concerned for the massive improvement. They look like Burnley Football Club shops again, and not a black and gold beach towel in place. I wonder if they've gone to QPR.

I told David Baldwin what I thought a year ago and I told him again

ChorltonCharlie
12-11-2015, 11:10 AM
Iíve been reasonably impressed with the club shop when Iíve been in recently, but some of the problems will always exist as far as I can see. You are faced with a quandary as soon as youíre buying any clothing thatís not a shirt. Youíve got a choice of buying a generic looking branded make which just has a badge added in the team colours, or the more bespoke stuff is usually overpriced for the quality it is. To put it into perspective, Iím pretty sure that my brother has just bought my kids hoodies (not Puma) from the club shop at £30 each (I may have that slightly wrong, I canít find them online to confirm). Something similar in high street shops such as Gap and Next would be around half to two thirds of the price and would arguably be better quality. I appreciate that if itís due to a high mark-up that itís all money that can be re-invested in the team, or that as more bespoke items our cost to make them may be considerably higher than high street shops, but it is off putting as a cu

The Bedlington Terrier
12-11-2015, 03:53 PM
I really admire the cut of David Baldwin's jib.He seems to have a total handle on all aspects of how the club operates. It is really difficult to find anything to criticize in how Burnley Football Club is being run at present. The 2 shop experience described by CT epitomizes just how he listens and responds. Well done David Baldwin!

billyhamilton82
12-11-2015, 04:32 PM
Went in yesterday whilst swapping my seat for CFS.

Unbelievable choice of merchandise in comparison to the tat that has been on sale in there previously.

Seriously stuck for choice for Xmas pressies, in fact I could actually do all my Xmas shopping in there.

Its definitely worth a look for anyone who hasn't been in recently and as mentioned it will only get better in the next 12 months.

Dave Baldwin (not for the first time) I doff my hat to you.

ashtonlongsider
12-11-2015, 05:13 PM
I've just been in club shop and purchased 3 shirts for my son and grandchildren who live in Laos. Have to agree merchandise is improving but my observant wife would like to know when they are going to start selling female shirts and t-shirts.

Alwaysaclaret
12-11-2015, 05:18 PM
Can you ask Dave Baldwin to get Bigger size in the tee shirts they are only xxl I am XXXL or xxxxL